Horrible frame rate issue

Dynamite!

Just now, ShawnM said:

Used to have the same issue, it’s always going to persist sadly. However, one weird fix I found was making sure my drivers were up to date and playing with NVR/Redux with the IG settings from this video: 

GTA 5 can be weird sometimes so playing with higher settings may put more pressure on your CPU. Try it out.

i've installed drivers, i've optimized my game, i've changed the render distance, i've uninstalled my mods, I’ve changed the settings in graphics, I have no idea what the problem is or what’s happening. I’ve done everything I could possibly do. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dynamite! said:

i've installed drivers, i've optimized my game, i've changed the render distance, i've uninstalled my mods, I’ve changed the settings in graphics, I have no idea what the problem is or what’s happening. I’ve done everything I could possibly do. 

Try this.

31 minutes ago, Dynamite! said:

The problem is I have no idea how to do any of that. What is an SSD? 

SSDs are newer solutions for disk storage. They differ from, HDD storage because they have no movable parts. SSDs instead rely on flash chips. This makes SSDs extremely fast and less volatile than HDDs. However, SSDs do not have the storage capacity to store terabytes of data like HDD storage. SSDs are good for gaming computers and data that you use often whereas HDDs are good for storage backups and large-capacity data needs.

I had this issue as well, particularly when driving fast and it was trying to load I would lag horribly. Atleast for me, it was not a software issue but rather seemed to be hardware. It is nearly completely solved with my game put on an SSD, but I still notice it occasionally if my PC's RAM is almost maxed. I would recommend trying to close all other software when playing and see if it may be RAM as others mentioned. How much ram usage does your task manager show if you check in performance when in game? @Dynamite!

Just now, Odin said:

I had this issue as well, particularly when driving fast and it was trying to load I would lag horribly. Atleast for me, it was not a software issue but rather seemed to be hardware. It is nearly completely solved with my game put on an SSD, but I still notice it occasionally if my PC's RAM is almost maxed. I would recommend trying to close all other software when playing and see if it may be RAM as others mentioned. How much ram usage does your task manager show if you check in performance when in game? @Dynamite!

I’ll check in a few 

• Bash locked this topic