Horrible frame rate issue

Dynamite!

Whenever I’m driving I get horrible frame lag. It happens when I walk to other areas of the city that I didn’t spawn in to as well. I’ve optimized my game, I’ve set priority, I’ve done everything I could possibly do and I can’t find any fixes for it. Does anyone have any ideas before I just completely give up?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dynamite! said:

How so? I’ve got 260 GB free 

It's a load speed issue, your hard drive may be failing or it might simply have slowed down a little. I had issues like this with my old HDD bit I upgraded to an SSD and they vanished. It can't handle the amount of objects being loaded in and it's starting to lock it up. You could also give defragmenting your HDD a go or even try putting it on another drive. Other than this the other options are you may need to verify your GTA due to broken files, or your CPU may be having issues. If it was the GPU you would most likely be experiencing crashes.

Edited by Syrike
6 minutes ago, Syrike said:

It's a load speed issue, your hard drive may be failing or it might simply have slowed down a little. I had issues like this with my old HDD bit I upgraded to an SSD and they vanished. It can't handle the amount of objects being loaded in and it's starting to lock it up. You could also give defragmenting your HDD a go or even try putting it on another drive. Other than this the other options are you may need to verify your GTA due to broken files, or your CPU may be having issues. If it was the GPU you would most likely be experiencing crashes.

The problem is I have no idea how to do any of that. What is an SSD? 

Just now, Dynamite! said:

8 GB 

Used to have the same issue, it’s always going to persist sadly. However, one weird fix I found was making sure my drivers were up to date and playing with NVR/Redux with the IG settings from this video: 

GTA 5 can be weird sometimes so playing with higher settings may put more pressure on your CPU. Try it out.

• Bash locked this topic