Business ‘Entry Pay’ after initial 20

Schmichael

Short description: Alter the way in which payment is calculated to a business owner.

Detailed description: Include payment for patrons beyond the initial twenty, at a reduced rate. The first twenty entries offer $1,000 each, however each subsequent entry could offer $200 each, as a way to reward continued openings.

Commands to add: N/A.

Items to add: N/A.

How would your suggestion improve the server?: With the current system, an opened business will reach the ‘daily 20’ (currently not even offering 20k a day, due to uptime) rather quickly during a busy period, leaving any extra time they’re open to offer very little profit. With roleplay being the main focus of a business opening, meaningful and prolonged interactions between business owners, staff and patrons should be encouraged.

Additional information: I own Outlaws and I have two sets of ‘staff’. They open at least once per day, but it’s realistically twice per day - there’s no tangible benefit for a business owner to do this, aside from roleplay.

• Upvote 8
40 minutes ago, Griz said:

I believe you are missing the point as to why everyone is playing here. 

26 minutes ago, Max3 said:

You had my full support before I read this

What I wrote implies that roleplay IS a benefit, but my point was that I can roleplay regardless, without spending hundreds of thousands on a business and having to donate to set up a business ad. I already have things to do and people to roleplay with all day if I so choose, which I’m lucky to have.

I spent a lot of money on a business the day before door fees were removed.

You’re both misinterpreting something I wrote when I couldn’t sleep at 3am.

• Upvote 1

I own a business as well. In fact, I own two. However, I don't pay my staff $4,000 per hour to sling drinks. If someone wants a business to make money, they need to be smart with their finances. Don't pay employees $4,000 an hour, don't invest more money than you have, and be fiscally responsible. Otherwise, you probably should not be owning a business. The $20,000 can go a LONG WAY. I understand that you open at least once a day, on either shift, so I agree that the up-time problem needs to be resolved. But, still, $20,000 can go a long way if you know what to do with it.