Realism - thoughts.

Tsarna

Hey,

I want to know quite EXACT guidelines, what is the realism standard in the game? I have been getting messages lately, about owning two businesses is not realistic. So, I thought, maybe some of you guys, would give your thoughts about it. 

Some thoughts from me:
- If someone spends IG daily 10-12 hours, and someone 2-4 hours. Are they the same? Or if someone is 10 hours online a day, works for 8, and socializes 2 hours. Is that not good enough and not realistic RP, since he works too much? 
- Background story: I have given the impression, if I write my background story that I have a rich mommy and daddy, I can be rich, but if you come from a poor background and work your ass off in the server - it is not realistic for you to get a house/property... 
- Is it realistic, that PD people "kill off their characters" by NC´ing (if they do something which usually ends with firing from the PD) and get the same rank afterwards with their new character name?

- Is it realistic, that PD people get injured, FD drives them into hospital, and they are seen one hour in the next scene?
- Is it realistic, that people can NC and keep their assets, and yet, they later are forbidden to claim something new, because "you character just started". Please delete the possibility to NC then and don´t let people use real life money to buy it?
- What are the exact IG server rules about obtaining a business or how long can You work during a day, how long you have to do something else? How many hours you have to spend IG to obtain a second/third business? 
- How is it realistic, that people getting denied a house/property in Paleto, because they work in the city? Because gas money and driving takes a long time. Is it North Korea, where you can not live or own business wherever and how you want? I have a friend IRL, who works as a doctor in Estonia and Finland, depending on shifts: tell him, that it is not realistic, he lives it.

- Is it realistic, that people get denied properties for the reason, that their past character was doing something fishy? A character, who is killed off.

I would love if people can give their opinions about realism in the server. And I would be very appreciative, if someone from the RP Quality Team would come out with clear guidelines about it? In my opinion - character development is a very subjective matter, depending on many different factors. One of the biggest factors is time spent IG - You can not compare the duration with the time spent IG. People who RP 10 hours IG during the same period (a year), can not be taken the same, if someone RP-s 3-4 hours a day. But yet - that is the impression what is left.

In my opinion, currently, there is no objectivity at all. The problem with subjectivity is, that people are ALWAYS making assumptions based on their personal beliefs or past experiences. But that is not how this all should work. 

Edited by Tsarna
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 3

I cannot lie but agree to this as It does prove that various elements are not taken seriously, a character portrayal depends on a person wether they own 1 business, 2, 3 or unlimited. It is their /choice/. Yeah, if the owner wants to run his businesses themselves by giving each equal time so be it. There is nothing wrong in doing so and secondly, most of the people on the server break character portrayal but still are not given a word.

- I was stopped by KV once when I saw three massacro's (their owners were fishing). Me, myself was interested n' thought (Why not give it a try?) I was immediately stopped by KV for less charcter portraya but what about those people? They own the sea?

- Second is I saw a trucker this morning owning a Besta GTS (very expensive vehicle) alongside a Supra (for a Trucker atleast, expensive as hell). He was selling them to a dealership and the owner of the dealership was confused how he could do such a thing? But no actions was taken against him. He couldn't even write properly because all he was doing was /grind-the-fuck-off/ but no-one stopped him and then comes to the point where realism is discussed.

- I saw a mechanic at Re-Perez, wearing cheap clothes and driving an Obey 9F Cabrio - (Reason?: Mechanics get paid well.) I swear to GOD, A person owning a 200,000USD vehicle IRL would not be sleeping on the street or rubbing his ass on a garage rather doing business. 

- Lastly, I know I myself am no expert but people learn from mistakes, I never did the mistake once again (Never bought a supercar) but realisticly this is very much pissing me off. Why are the only targeted ones are these? Yes, the starter paycheck gives you 200,000 and you shouldn't grind but why are people not being stopped for doing so?

In this matter, I'm gonna go with Tsarna as I feel much negativity happening around. I don't blame Quality RP Management cause they are doing an amazing job but they themselves are people n' can miss some people or make mistakes in their line of work. But seriously, if this continues on. I'm afraid that saying anything Karol would be taken as favouritism for the other people.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Memozzy said:

I can see some of the things being an issue, yes, and those should be reported to the proper channels but God.. Some of people on here can be overly petty.  

I feel like a lot of people's opinions are valid even if petty because GTAW is branded as a Heavy RP server, we're literally the strictest form of RP server you can find but some players still seem to misunderstand even the simplest of character portrayal issues.

I feel like if people keep overly using the term ''heavy RP" it'll become more of a meme than it already is. But hey, maybe that's just me. Everyone has their own definition when it comes to it so it breeds conflict. 

Edited by Memozzy
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

Effect how people actually play the game, rather than focusing on controlling how people should play the game. You can’t put people in boxes, with over 300 players and thousands of sessions every week you can’t control and monitor every decision people make. If you don’t want people to roleplay rich don’t give them things to be rich with. You get somebody working their ass off for assets they can obtain only to go around and tell them they can’t buy it. It’s inconsistent enforcement and creates conflict that is entirely avoidable.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 3
38 minutes ago, Memozzy said:

I feel like if people keep overly using the term ''heavy RP" it'll become more of a meme than it already is. But hey, maybe that's just me. Everyone has their own definition when it comes to it so it breeds conflict. 

People'll stop using the term heavy RP when the server's not explicitly labled as so, GTAW the Well Upholstered RP server doesn't have the same ring to it.

On a more serious note, I feel like the majority of players all have the same basic ideas of what counts as heavy RP, I'd like to hear what ideas and examples you can think of that are pretty criticisms for discussion's sake though.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
47 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I feel like a lot of people's opinions are valid even if petty because GTAW is braned as a Heavy RP server, we're literally the strictest form of RP server you can find but some players still seem to misunderstand even the simplest of character portrayal issues.

Please define the "Heavy RP" right now. Define it so, that all people will get the same idea. What are the limits, expectations, objectives? You are most welcome to, since You can not find a definite definition in the web. Heavy RP in many ways means you are locked into your character, and  that is ALL there is. If an outside force is putting limits on your character development, labeling it, then this can not be taken as heavy RP. 

Let us take the backstory for once - if you write your backstory as a child from a well-off family then you can do as you please with money, you can just say - my mommy/daddy gave it to me. But if your backstory is that you come from the countryside, or are an immigrant, you work hard, but still - you put restrictions on, how you can use your money, because it is not "realistic" that you make 40 000 a week in FD (160 000 a month), or a very good amount a day working as trucker (with a Pounder), mechanice, etcetera. 

I want objectivity in the rules, not subjectivity, like I said. For example: Are any of them successful in running their own business, so they know exactly how businesses can or can not be run? 

Edited by Tsarna
53 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

Please define the "Heavy RP" right now. Define it so, that all people will get the same idea. What are the limits, expectations, objectives? You are most welcome to, since You can not find a definite definition in the web. Heavy RP in many ways means you are locked into your character, and  that is ALL there is. If an outside force is putting limits on your character development, labeling it, then this can not be taken as heavy RP. 

Let us take the backstory for once - if you write your backstory as a child from a well-off family then you can do as you please with money, you can just say - my mommy/daddy gave it to me. But if your backstory is that you come from the countryside, or are an immigrant, you work hard, but still - you put restrictions on, how you can use your money, because it is not "realistic" that you make 40 000 a week in FD (160 000 a month), or a very good amount a day working as trucker (with a Pounder), mechanice, etcetera. 

I want objectivity in the rules, not subjectivity, like I said. For example: Are any of them successful in running their own business, so they know exactly how businesses can or can not be run? 

FD and PD wages should be cut in price greatly, their pay is not good IRL so why are they so rich in game? I’ve seen officers in late twenties in GTAW with over a million, wtf?

• Upvote 1