Rule about Entry fees.

Vash Baldeus

23 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

As I said IC I can not know if there is an entrance fee, when there is no signs, employees fail to notify me or I don't see anyone else in the LINE ahead of just show ID and enter without paying (maybe they did, but without ANY RP)

Anyway, I still believe the way should be changed on how business charge their entry fee. For example, charging uhm.. 600$ for VIP after you already paid entry, give me an example of an advantage to VIP versus regular seats.. Because most places in town, 0 incentive, IRL you get private bar, or sound proof room to have your music of choice in there.. etc.

Everything you've just written is something that must be dealt ICly, why would you make an OOC rule for that? It's how people decide to run their businesses.

I find it hard to understand your point of view. Sure, entry fees were removed from the script, But is a script to show you the amount you would have to pay before being able to enter the premises really needed and that big of a deal? If anything it creates more roleplay and interaction with the security staff that is stationed outside the property. The cost of the entry fee and VIP rooms/area etc is at the discretion of the owners, If you don't agree with what they are asking you to pay, then walk away. If the guards made a mistake and did not tell you the amount you would have to pay then deal with it ICly by speaking to them.  It is really not that hard to speak to the staff and simply pay an entrance fee to gain entry into the premises. What's needed is not this rule but willingness to roleplay around situations like these.

In a distant time before mass global lockdown I too enjoyed going to clubs.

Strip clubs, nightclubs and party bars are all going to charge a cover fee in some form. This might mean raised drink prices but in most cases it’ll be $5-$10 at the door. I don’t know where this notion that a cover charge has to be displayed before entry is coming from, a sign is tacky and lowers the value of the establishment. Very rarely will you see a sign IRL.

• mj2002 locked this topic