Rule about Entry fees.

Vash Baldeus

Just now, Shokkoth said:

Alright.

Lets say you go to a club IRL and same thing happens. There is no entrance fee information displayed.

Do you:

1) Contact the owner/manager and make a complaint

2) Just go away and dont go back to the said club ever again

3) YOOOOO THERE NEEDS TO BE A  RULE AGAINST THIS IMMA CONTACT GOD TO PUT IT INTO THE BIBLE!

You seem to fail to manage to read what he said beforehand. BAR ALREADY GETS A GOVT BONUS FROM THEM ENTERING. So charging them AFTER they enter and not BEFORE they enter, in this case AFTER THEY GET GOVT BONUS and not BEFORE THEY GET GOVT BONUS is a dick move from the club owners, who already got paid and then demand even more without stating so outside. You can even use /createscene and let them know you have to pay entry inside.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Shokkoth said:

Alright.

Lets say you go to a club IRL and same thing happens. There is no entrance fee information displayed.

Do you:

1) Contact the owner/manager and make a complaint

2) Just go away and dont go back to the said club ever again

3) YOOOOO THERE NEEDS TO BE A  RULE AGAINST THIS IMMA CONTACT GOD TO PUT IT INTO THE BIBLE!

I'd ask people (other goers, guard, waiter etc) before I GO INSIDE, or most likely notice people paying.

Regardless, placing a sign just clears things out. Cause most of those Business' place a Guard to ask for money instead of an Actual Hostess / Host which shows that they might be just asking for money like the school bully to let you pass in the hall. Also IRL most clubs beyond having bouncers / guards at the door, have a hostess / host who's the one you pay in order to enter.

3 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

You seem to fail to manage to read what he said beforehand. BAR ALREADY GETS A GOVT BONUS FROM THEM ENTERING. So charging them AFTER they enter and not BEFORE they enter, in this case AFTER THEY GET GOVT BONUS and not BEFORE THEY GET GOVT BONUS is a dick move from the club owners, who already got paid and then demand even more without stating so outside. You can even use /createscene and let them know you have to pay entry inside.

No they do not. They get a gov bonus for 20 people. It doesnt matter if they get the 1k bonus for the person who doesnt want to pay the fee, or for the person who does pay it, because at the end, they will only get 20k for 20 people. And they will definitely get it.

Go to any club or bar, in the evening. There are WAY more than 20 people in there. Even on a quiet night. That's why your argument is completely invalid.

Besides. What if the person who doesnt want to pay the fee is the 21st person entering the club? It just makes your argument even more invalid.

I'd ask people (other goers, guard, waiter etc) before I GO INSIDE, or most likely notice people paying.

I still dont know what's wrong with going inside. Its not like the old /pfee is still in place where it automatically charges you.... if you dont like it just turn around and leave, you dont lose anything. 

Edited by Shokkoth
Just now, Zayyy said:

This is more like OOC ranting 

12 hours ago, liafriuli said:
  • You can ask the guards.
  • You can ask the business owner.
  • You can message the business on Facebroswer.
  • You can ask about it from your friends.
  • You can ask it from anybody who went in previously.
  • You can check the posters made for Facebrowser (many businesses do that).

And even after these options you can still say no if you find the few hundred bucks too much for the venue. Nobody points a gun to your head to pay. This suggestion comes from your personal frustration but this is something you can (and you should) handle in-character in my pov.

Edited by Zayyy
Just now, DjoleK said:

Was confused by the motivations behind the suggestion because this sounded like an IC issue but your reply cleared up like 3 pages of bickering, I'd honestly ask OP to quote it in the original post.

Admins already confirmed you need to take payment outside the clubs/Bars.

Business owners are not allowed to take payment inside. That was what I was told by an admin. Also the sign won’t work maybe with the /do but I personally won’t pay for platinum to add a sign outside X business. The above was told to me on Sunday, not sure if this is being enforced or not.

Edited by DanneBRE
Just now, DanneBRE said:

Admins already confirmed you need to take payment outside the clubs/Bars.

Business owners are not allowed to take payment inside. That was what I was told by an admin. Also the sign won’t work maybe with the /do but I personally won’t pay for platinum to add a sign outside X business.

Yet, some business' think it is okay to ask for payment inside. More over, I agree, a business should have 1 free /floatingdo for signage without the need for Donator.

2 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Yet, some business' think it is okay to ask for payment inside. More over, I agree, a business should have 1 free /floatingdo for signage without the need for Donator.

I don’t think the admins have communicated this to every business owner nor has this been posted anywhere, that’s why. Should be fixed in a couple of days I guess.

Edited by DanneBRE
  • mj2002 locked this topic