Howmuch, why, and when?

So my question is how many people have multiple characters, and why do they have multiple?

And how many do you have?

Sounds like a fun discussion we can have.

I have (had) a total of 7 characters so far. Reason for this is to have diverse gameplay to not get bored too fast. When I feel like its boring for one character at the moment with nothing on hand to do, I switch to a different one. I made a chart to keep it all straight, red names are dead or gone.

CaptureNames.PNG?width=611&height=611

Two is the most characters I've played simultaneously; and the second character was almost always boring and flat compared to the first. I could never bother to research and look up things for two different chars at the same time.

So I just don't do multiple characters anymore. I'm not planning on ever playing alts. Over the years I've played 3 long term characters.

I find moral alignments charts to be counter productive. A character can be lawful evil at some point and then chaotic good at another point in his day, or life.

Edited by arrdef

Always hated using alts because it leaves at least one person out of RP that they might of been enjoying on my behalf, always hate it when it happens to me so I don't like to put people through the same.

Excluding the common courtesy though I've also never been able to keep myself concentrated and immersed with more than one character, each to their own of course but I don't see how people can juggle 3 > characters and keep them all different and fresh, while also all equally being as deep in their portrayal, seems like one of them things you can only keep consistent by nailing down to one character and putting all your effort in to them.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST

Two characters are the maximum I can handle and develop well, even with 30-40 hours of playtime weekly. Honestly, I cannot understand people who manage to truly develop more than three characters. It should be extremely time-consuming. 

• Upvote 1

I've got two at the moment, one primarily focused on police, and the other's a kid that got kicked out his house for smoking too much weed, so he basically just vibes around and goes with the flow, literally. My second character wasn't made with the intention of being good or bad, but rather just being there, because I wanna see where he ends up from an IC standpoint on his lonesome. I intend on molding him via his interactions and that's it. A third character's in the works too but he/she's on the backburner for now.

Edited by Dios

im an altoholic and im too anal about only doing things i want on the character i currently have if it fits within that character which most of the time it doesnt, so if i wanna do things bad enough i make new chars for that. maintaining 2-3 chars is easy asf for me tho so i rarely consider it an issue. ive had a lot of chars but ive only ever had 2-3 at one time, usually only 2 like currently

• Upvote 1