[LSNN] A Criminal Mind

1379202296_Logocomplete.png.65ed9d2f6de8eabb6d3cfd6a385f96e1.png

bestoption.png

Roy Capra was arrested and charged with multiple counts of first-degree murder in July 2019.

A Criminal Mind

A Biography of Roy Capra

Elizabeth Rankin

The game. I didn't get into no game, hon. I got into "the life."

Crime plays a big role in our own media - we see them as thugs, with no remorse, no humanity and certainly little grace, taking that impression at face value, meeting Roy Capra, former leader of the Los Santos Crime Family, will change it quickly. Despite the signs of his own ageing and declining worsening cancer, Mr Capra posed himself regardless as a charismatic, personable and even somewhat relatable man, in that, even in seconds, the impression of a man serving multiple life sentences and the charges containing within crumbled and instead was a man who carried himself with grace and humanity, destroying any impression that his incarceration was just 'a number'.

Roy Capra was arrested back in July of last year and charged with multiple murders - and linked with more, with two corpses found decomposing, locked up in oil drums in his own house. Travelling up to Bolingbroke Prison, my mind raced at what was waiting for me within the fences, tense and reserved, I was introduced to the man himself, upon our meeting, the knowledge of why he was there kept me alert, only to be erased by an oozing sense of charm, and, through that, we sought to discover Roy's story.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Tell me about yourself - how did it all start?

'Well, I guess you could say it all started, for me, back in Kansas. That's where I grew up. Normal family, nothin' outta the ordinary. My mother and father had uh, five kids. I was the baby. My father was a working man he uh, he ran a little deli. We lived up top, in an apartment. Didn't have much money, the food ain't exactly a gold mine. Lot of uh, the guys in our neighbourhood who were into the life used ta hang around the spot. Nice clothing... Nice cars, always looked sharp. They caught my eye from a kid. I was just always around this uh, this type of thing.  I guess what really did it for me, me and a couple of my brothers... They're all gone now, God rest their souls. : We had to take care of each other after my pops passed. We didn't have any money, no big fortune left behind for us. No silver spoon bullshit. So, we did what we had to. To live. To survive.

I guess, people caught on you know? The right people. That's how I got involved in uh, in this life. I was a big kid too you know? I ain't very tall, I wasn't then neither. But I was big, brawny. I could hit a guy it'd hurt.'

We joked - he certainly could look like he could hit a guy and have it hurt, even now, but he shook his head - he hasn't got the same speed in him as he once had.

So eventually, you ended up in Los Santos, what happened when you first got here?

I was in Venturas awhile, I had a little crew up there we uh... We used to rig horse races - Everything is rigged in this country, hon. You might as well stay home if you're afraid of getting scammed; all the way to the top it's all corrupt. Some people...- I ain't gonna use any names but some people from home, sent of few of us guys here. Los Santos is a gold mine, the police are about as sharp as my fuckin' big toe.  Easy to get away with shit, so we came ta take our little piece of this uh... This pie.

When you got here, were you the 'ringleader' back then?

No, nothing like that... Nothing like that. I just had a few guys that did things for me. We worked together, I was a spoke in the wheel, you know?

What was the turnin' point from petty crime and minor felonies to-

Roy interjected, shaking his finger.

It was organized crime. We ran this city from the uh, from the top. The minor felonies and all that bullshit were when I was a kid. Before I had people show me the ropes. We did gambling, bookmaking - we pushed dope and we did fraud. We took whatever we wanted, that's just how it was, we ran the show.

There's always someone who pushes back, someone who won't quite understand the situation they're in. The sharks they're aroundThey get bit. So, it goes hand in hand - bread and butter. Not everyone was, doing that type of thing - But I was, you know. I was good at it.

So I took care of it.

Do you want to talk about the final few months?

There weren't any cracks that showed. I'm one guy. They took me down, that didn't solve anything. Sure, I can't do the things I did no more.  But this thing has been around long before I was born, and it'll be here long after I'm gone. The thing you people don't understand, there's no stopping this. Cops can do whatever, we'll always adapt - adapt and move on.

It's the team, not the player?

It goes beyond that. I can't describe it in words. There's always gonna be someone to pick up that torch. For myself? No. I didn't expect this... I uh, I was always careful not to end up [in prison].  I made a few mistakes an' they uh, they caught on to me. I meant to get rid of what they found in that basement. They had nothing, but a suspicion.  If they weren't in those barrels, I wouldn't be here. No body, no crime.

Do you have any regrets or remorse for what you did out there?

No. No, I don't.  I whacked people who were as dirty as me, maybe even dirtier. I didn't kill any saints. These were monsters, too.

His nurse interjects - asking him to take a breath. He continues through.

All I wanna say, you know, maybe it's the last thing I'll ever get out there to the world. Cancer's got me by the balls in here... I ended up in here, I missed the birth of my only child - I didn't get to hold my wife's hand. I didn't get to see if I had a son, a daughter.  The only regret I have is not being there, for my child. For my wife.

Ah, Jesus.

That's all I regret. I have no sorrow for anyone I hurt, except for them.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Edited by HaveADream
  • Upvote 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic