Concerns about the new timezone of the server

Hi all,

so as we all know, recently the time rolled back one hour for an unknown reason (propably summer/winter time switch), and the administration team didn’t seem interested in reversing this action.

I am not going to make a topic asking/begging/demanding to reverse it as the administration already made up its mind about that. I do have a few concerns and I was hoping our business owners could answer these.

This timezone change has a bigger impact than just a number of players that dont see sunlight anymore. Most of the DJs were already barely able to make it to the openings of nightclubs. Bars open somewhat late aswell, which is now even later in real life time.

So my question is actually, will business owners (mainly nightclub owners and bar owners) adjust their opening times because of this issue? Otherwise I could see this “minor” timezone change could have a big impact on the economy.

• Applaud 2

Personally, it's just one hour. I haven't noticed the difference. If your club opened at 23h00 before just open it at 22h00? Like what does that even change? You still play at the same hour of the day. And trust me as someone living in America east coast. I barely see the day, but it doesn't affect me at all. 

Coming back to your topic, I know a bar owner and all he did was open 1 hour earlier...

• Upvote 2

The change was forced by changing server, I didn't think of modifying the server time before setting it up and it's quite complicated for the gamemode to rechange the hour again.

We have more and more US players (60% of the players now) and most of them were really negatively hit by the time we're using, so one more hour toward them is a good middle ground that we found acceptable within management to keep.

• Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, Nervous said:

The change was forced by changing server, I didn't think of modifying the server time before setting it up and it's quite complicated for the gamemode to rechange the hour again.

We have more and more US players (60% of the players now) and most of them were really negatively hit by the time we're using, so one more hour toward them is a good middle ground that we found acceptable within management to keep.

And thats completely fine, Im not debating the issue. Its just that I’d like to see business owners adapt their hours to this.

2 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

And thats completely fine, Im not debating the issue. Its just that I’d like to see business owners adapt their hours to this.

The earliest time that clubs could open was 9PM, because that's when it gets dark. 9PM IG time was 11PM iri time for me, so imagine how hard it was for me to stay up late every few nights just so I could open my place.

Now when it's 9PM ig time, It's midnight for me. Considering I gotta stay open for about a hour and a half, I go to sleep earliest at 2AM, then gotta wake up for work in the morning.

Totally horrible, it was really bad the way it was before, now it's just horrible. And no, I'm not gonna stay up till 4AM just so I can get a time to open my place. I'm gonna open at 8PM ig time now and that's just as best as I can do.

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
55 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

The earliest time that clubs could open was 9PM, because that's when it gets dark. 9PM IG time was 11PM iri time for me, so imagine how hard it was for me to stay up late every few nights just so I could open my place.

Now when it's 9PM ig time, It's midnight for me. Considering I gotta stay open for about a hour and a half, I go to sleep earliest at 2AM, then gotta wake up for work in the morning.

Totally horrible, it was really bad the way it was before, now it's just horrible. And no, I'm not gonna stay up till 4AM just so I can get a time to open my place. I'm gonna open at 8PM ig time now and that's just as best as I can do.

Why not open the club earlier?

The server time change is beneficial for hundreds of players, I don't see any reason to revert it. None of our DJs complained about this change and as I see none of them affected by this. As said before, we are talking about one hour. Other than that, if this affects you, why don't you handle it in-character? We've done tons of openings at 8 PM, this is not something new. If a DJ is affected by this, they can always speak with the managers/owners in-character and request an early opening.