Server time rolled back 1 hour

zaXer.

Considering San Andreas is set in Cali, it didn't make sense to have night time start when it did. Way too early.

I have American friends that play here that have never seen sunlight on GTA World, 10pm is a good fix 

4 minutes ago, ashlyii said:

Considering San Andreas is set in Cali, it didn't make sense to have night time start when it did. Way too early.

I have American friends that play here that have never seen sunlight on GTA World, 10pm is a good fix 

This is a fair point. American's I play with are 5 hours behind me, so the server is dark when they hop on after work at let's say 5pm.

• Developer

Server time changed when we moved to Linux.

We decided to leave it this way, its one hour difference from the old time and it is beneficial for American players. 

"The night now comes at 10PM, which is ridiculous." ???? Night comes, when night comes in game.

Haven’t noticed it but the best timezone would be the central timezone. Having it at 0 makes it really easy to plan things in relation to the server time. As for the people complaining they never see the sunlight, you cannot cater to everyone with a 1:1 timescale. There’s nothing wrong with playing at night either. 

1 hour ago, ashlyii said:

Sorry?

It gets fully dark by 20:55 in Los Angeles, where twilight comes at about 19:30.

Right now it's sunny for European players the whole time. I wake up, it's sunny, I go to sleep, it's sunny again. 10pm is way too late for European players as the only way to get some night time is to stay up horribly late. 9PM was already bad enough and 10pm is just horrible