Server time rolled back 1 hour

zaXer.

Just now, St3fan[NL] said:

Has it come to your mind, that people who opened these businesses also have gone back -1h? Most likely events will happen one hour earlier too.

I hope you are right about that one. But from the past when server was UTC+0, they opened 10pm.. so..

Edited by Vash Baldeus
1 minute ago, Havana said:

It's just one hour, I'd barely noticed the difference of getting more daylight as a US player.

Would love to keep it, but it's making everyone confused and has thrown off plenty of IG plans already when things are set for midnight, and advertised for midnight, but really it's 11pm server time, and no one knows which one they meant.

Yea', I just hope people will sync up their events to one hour back..

3 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Has it come to your mind, that people who opened these businesses also have gone back -1h? Most likely events will happen one hour earlier too.

No, that's not how it is..

The server moved 1h FORWARD. Which means events now happen 1h later than they used to be, not earlier.

Just now, zaXer. said:

No, that's not how it is..

The server moved 1h FORWARD. Which means events now happen 1h later than they used to be, not earlier.

The events happen at the exact same time. But the server time says differently. For example Vibe advertised the Garden's opening at midnight, but it actually opened at 11pm server time last night. That's the confusion. That's all. It opened at the same IRL time it normally would.

I personally feel like this is just unnecessary confusion that will continue on for like a week or more. Most plans are being confused now as to what time it really is because everyone was used to the ST being UK's time.

I think it would be better to just make the time as it was so there's no more confusion, especially with it not being announced anywhere at all.

• Upvote 1

I think it would be better to just make the time as it was so there's no more confusion, especially with it not being announced anywhere at all.

^That.

The timezone being an hour ahead or behind doesn’t make any difference for US players. I can’t remember the last time I got to experience daylight.

^And also this.

2 hours ago, zaXer. said:

Sorry?

It gets fully dark by 20:55 in Los Angeles, where twilight comes at about 19:30.

Right now it's sunny for European players the whole time. I wake up, it's sunny, I go to sleep, it's sunny again. 10pm is way too late for European players as the only way to get some night time is to stay up horribly late. 9PM was already bad enough and 10pm is just horrible 

Yes and San Andreas is based on California. The server is, wrongly, based on European timezone - which isn't an issue because that's where the owner has set it.

It is currently only 10am in California right now - yet 6pm on the server.  Your complaint seems to be focused solely around you. There are other players to cater for to, like our American friends.

Just now, ashlyii said:

Yes and San Andreas is based on California. The server is, wrongly, based on European timezone - which isn't an issue because that's where the owner has set it.

It is currently only 10am in California right now - yet 6pm on the server.  Your complaint seems to be focused solely around you. There are other players to cater for to, like our American friends.

Ehm nooooo, there's about 20 other people who have the same complaints as me, even some of them posted here?