Readjust paychecks

eTaylor

Trust me money doesn't get you more roleplay or less. You are limited to expansion. I'm witnessing it myself, even though I was able to rack up millions with my group we don't have the properties we want. I say focus on developing a character with any possiblities you may have. 

So now that you've learned money wont get you anything you want in the server lets move to the point that this wouldn't help anyone, the economy would go into inflation. 

Edited by Chuck Lee
14 minutes ago, an said:

If you can't figure out ways to make money after paychecks, that's your problem. Nothing should be changed, keep it as it is.

Does that count if I don't want to roleplay illegal character, nor PD/SD/FD but simply a civilian with a regular "9-5" job, without having to go 9-5 in game? Because the 9-5 IRL is enough for me and I don't wanna come back home and go extra hours IG to get what 12K max before I get bored and tired, because 12K are 3 hours of playtime with a scriptjob. Then if I'm lucky I can catch some RP. Or let me tell you option N2.

I come back home, yes? I don't grind because there's something open and I want to roleplay badly. I miss the 3 hours grind therefore and I spend those 12K I grinded for the past day with the snap of my fingers. What do you want me to do? Stay on the server 10 years to finally get me a vehicle and/or a house?

You're gonna say "find a job that pays you and you rp!!!", okay maybe I don't find my character suitable as a trucker, bartender, mechanic and so on. What do I do then? Quit the game cause I have to choose do I want to have fun RPing (what I came for) or do I want to grind my ass off for thousands of hours, catching little to no RP so I can FINALLY roleplay on the roleplay server?

And yes, the money open many doors for you. If the $500 can't even cover an entrance of a nightclub, what do I RP? Being piss poor with a job that I don't want to grind for?

P.S: I'm not being passive aggressive, obviously there's a lot of sarcasm in what I say but it should serve the purpose of helping people understand what eTaylor is trying to say and what I actually mean.

• Applaud 3
12 minutes ago, Infinity said:

Does that count if I don't want to roleplay illegal character, nor PD/SD/FD but simply a civilian with a regular "9-5" job, without having to go 9-5 in game? Because the 9-5 IRL is enough for me and I don't wanna come back home and go extra hours IG to get what 12K max before I get bored and tired, because 12K are 3 hours of playtime with a scriptjob. Then if I'm lucky I can catch some RP. Or let me tell you option N2.

I come back home, yes? I don't grind because there's something open and I want to roleplay badly. I miss the 3 hours grind therefore and I spend those 12K I grinded for the past day with the snap of my fingers. What do you want me to do? Stay on the server 10 years to finally get me a vehicle and/or a house?

You're gonna say "find a job that pays you and you rp!!!", okay maybe I don't find my character suitable as a trucker, bartender, mechanic and so on. What do I do then? Quit the game cause I have to choose do I want to have fun RPing (what I came for) or do I want to grind my ass off for thousands of hours, catching little to no RP so I can FINALLY roleplay on the roleplay server?

And yes, the money open many doors for you. If the $500 can't even cover an entrance of a nightclub, what do I RP? Being piss poor with a job that I don't want to grind for?

P.S: I'm not being passive aggressive, obviously there's a lot of sarcasm in what I say but it should serve the purpose of helping people understand what eTaylor is trying to say and what I actually mean.

Why the FUCK would you want to roleplay a civilian working a 9-5 when you do that shit in real life? I'm not gonna read your whole reply but like seriously? How can you enjoy that? Do something you can't in real life, you really want to sit around doing nothing and driving around pointlessly like a mallrat all day? I'm not trying to be mean, but damn. At least join PD or something. 

Nothing's really stopping you from RPing that you character's working 9-5, if you already do that IRL, just say your character's doing the same whilst you're at work, or away and when you hop on the server maybe have your character profit from one of his/her hobbies? There's people that RP as tattoo artists, still no? What about a barber, what about whatever your character likes doing. 

You have to be creative, people have hobbies, and sometimes people can profit from a simple side hustle, the opportunities are always there, no one's stopping you from going at the game and your character whichever way you feel like. Maybe you won't be racking all the money in the world, but there are so many possibilities.

And the thing about paying for entrance fees, what about per se, you meet a few people, and you meet up for a barbeque, or on the beach, maybe go on a trip here or there, you don't have to pay to do a lot of things, and especially not with a map this big.

Just now, an said:

Why the FUCK would you want to roleplay a civilian working a 9-5 when you do that shit in real life? I'm not gonna read your whole reply but like seriously? How can you enjoy that? Do something you can't in real life, you really want to sit around doing nothing and driving around pointlessly like a mallrat all day? I'm not trying to be mean, but damn. At least join PD or something. 

That's what IF stands for. I am not even roleplaying such character. But you can't blame anyone for their choice of roleplay. That's where you halt me and tell me go roleplay a different character because yours is plain boring. Go roleplay a cop whether you want it or not. Damn, I want to be a farmer and roleplay a hillbilly. What now?

2 minutes ago, Sammux said:

Nothing's really stopping you from RPing that you character's working 9-5, if you already do that IRL, just say your character's doing the same whilst you're at work, or away and when you hop on the server maybe have your character profit from one of his/her hobbies? There's people that RP as tattoo artists, still no? What about a barber, what about whatever your character likes doing. 

You have to be creative, people have hobbies, and sometimes people can profit from a simple side hustle, the opportunities are always there, no one's stopping you from going at the game and your character whichever way you feel like. Maybe you won't be racking all the money in the world, but there are so many possibilities.

And the thing about paying for entrance fees, what about per se, you meet a few people, and you meet up for a barbeque, or on the beach, maybe go on a trip here or there, you don't have to pay to do a lot of things, and especially not with a map this big.

Sure. One day we go for a trip, the other for a barbeque. Then I'll have to repeat the cycle to avoid entering places that are open, right? Because that's what I understand from your reply.

And you're telling me to roleplay a tattoo artist when all people do is go and get their tattoos with a single /me line or not at all, rarely anybody roleplays going to a tattoo artist, from what I've seen and that's not necessarily my problem, it's a server wide problem. If I was FORCED to go to a tattoo artist and roleplay getting my tattoos that would be different, I'd have to actually get an appointment and go get my tattoos, just like I get my car modified in the garages. If people weren't forced to go to garages and roleplay that, probably there wouldn't be mechanics either on the server, trust me on this one.

What if my hobby is dancing? Point out one person who would hire a dancer for their places (not a stripper), that I would make money off my hobby. What if I want to be a singer, a rapper, a musician. Point out one person that would hire me as such. And I'm talking about roleplaying that pretty much atleast 3-4 times a week. I don't want to roleplay being limited for an hour, getting little to no money out of it and still wonder how to make money roleplaying a normal character, without having to reserve to pushing drugs, guns, killing people or being forced to grind my ass off.

• Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, Late said:

If you do this i will have to start charging more for kebabs and further inflate the economy. Economy is balanced now don't ruin it, no from me.

No new money is being introduced, so there isn’t any inflation. You only start inflations if you increase the money printers aka script jobs. If people have more disposable income people buy more kebabs.

8 hours ago, eTaylor said:

500 an hour doesn’t even buy you a full pack of cigarettes.

Also in my country i don't think an hour of minimum wage pays for a packet of cigarettes here either...

If people have more money to spend I will certainly increase my kebab shop price but people buy my kebabs for the superior unique roleplay created in my kebab shop not because they have extra money they want to burn.

Still a no from me.

3 hours ago, Infinity said:

That's what IF stands for. I am not even roleplaying such character. But you can't blame anyone for their choice of roleplay. That's where you halt me and tell me go roleplay a different character because yours is plain boring. Go roleplay a cop whether you want it or not. Damn, I want to be a farmer and roleplay a hillbilly. What now?

Sure. One day we go for a trip, the other for a barbeque. Then I'll have to repeat the cycle to avoid entering places that are open, right? Because that's what I understand from your reply.

And you're telling me to roleplay a tattoo artist when all people do is go and get their tattoos with a single /me line or not at all, rarely anybody roleplays going to a tattoo artist, from what I've seen and that's not necessarily my problem, it's a server wide problem. If I was FORCED to go to a tattoo artist and roleplay getting my tattoos that would be different, I'd have to actually get an appointment and go get my tattoos, just like I get my car modified in the garages. If people weren't forced to go to garages and roleplay that, probably there wouldn't be mechanics either on the server, trust me on this one.

What if my hobby is dancing? Point out one person who would hire a dancer for their places (not a stripper), that I would make money off my hobby. What if I want to be a singer, a rapper, a musician. Point out one person that would hire me as such. And I'm talking about roleplaying that pretty much atleast 3-4 times a week. I don't want to roleplay being limited for an hour, getting little to no money out of it and still wonder how to make money roleplaying a normal character, without having to reserve to pushing drugs, guns, killing people or being forced to grind my ass off.

I just gave out some examples, and you went and threw them all over the place, you don't have to exclusively avoid going to places, I was just saying there's alternatives so you don't have to pay money out of your pocket to have fun and roleplay. And about your examples, people have hired dancers for clubs before to accompany DJs, the guy that makes his own songs and publishes them (YKN Murda is the name of the character story) and most likely sells rights to his music for DJs to play, but that's just an educates guess.

And as for my example with tattoo artists and your gripe with that, if people do a bad job, and you do a better job at portraying that, who's to say they wouldn't go out of their way to pay for your services exclusively? Split Sides regularely gets people to go up on stage, singers, musicians, open mic nights, and sure they might not pay if it's an open stage, but you might just find an avenue through that.

Creativity's the word that goes well with roleplay.