Application process to open a faction

Cerberus

Title.

Let me just say first that this isn't in any way a high priority, and isn't a pressing issue. On LSRP there were several factions opened for the purpose of deathmatching, or just causing trouble in some way. I don't think any odd joe should be able to post a faction thread without approval. I think there should be an application process through FM, where a story or something similar would be required.

I also think this would greatly increase the quality of factions on the server. Friends who just want to roleplay together and post screenshots could just use the screenshot gallery thread, but I think the faction thread should be reserved for only high quality roleplay, and having a faction or being in a faction should be something of a prestige.

Discuss.

Edited by Drug Related

I agree the screenshot thread should be used before creating a faction thread. A lot of people only have two members and they start a faction thread instantly without any development prior, which I do think is annoying/a problem. However I don't think it should be hard to get a faction thread. Maybe just place a set of minimum requirements needed to start a thread.

On 11/18/2017 at 10:32 AM, Ruskie said:

Or we can close faction threads that blatantly showcase DM and piss poor roleplay. Let's not add another hoop that people have to jump through to enjoy the game.

I agree with that, but this suggestion wouldn't really add another 'hoop' for people to jump through, as people seriously opening a faction would most likely already have a story/etc. Why not stop the poor roleplay and DM before it even happens?

Edited by Drug Related
3 minutes ago, Bek said:

I must agree that i dont like seeing a faction with only two members, but about the deatmatching, you can just report them.

Well I just used deathmatching as an example, but even still on LSRP (and I'm not comparing this server to LSRP or saying that this server will be anything like LSRP) there were factions that existed to get into conflict and deathmatch rather than roleplay and nothing was ever done about it. I also agree with you on seeing factions with only two members.

Edited by Drug Related
1 minute ago, Drug Related said:

Well I just used deathmatching as an example, but even still on LSRP (and I'm not comparing this server to LSRP or saying that this server will be anything like LSRP) there were factions that existed to get into conflict and deathmatch rather than roleplay and nothing was ever done about it.

Yeah. LS-RP lost the standards with the time, just like SARP.