New cars vote

Nervous

Just now, Henning said:

I'll say it again, the server needs more low-medium tier vehicles. There are plenty of "good" cars already in place on the server. A good variety of SUV's, pickups and low end sedans are what we need.

I have no problem adding street racing cars but lets prioritize what we NEED vs. what a small vocal minority wants specifically for their characters.

Literally this. Sports cars can be added at a later point, they are absolutely not needed at this stage whatsoever. You can pick roughly of about 20-40 sports cars that are in the server right now to suit your street racing fantasies whereas daily cars that you would see regularly are at about.... what? 10-15? Most of them don't even have any customization or anything and are still the same car from 2013.

13 minutes ago, Marksman said:

The very cars you complain to be street racing cars are those medium spec cars you think so low of. Why is it okay for SUV's, but not RICE cars? Do you know what SUV stands for?

Because these "Street racing cars" are the style of vehicle that people will take straight to the shop to configure into a racing and/or drifting vehicle, people aren't going to be doing that with an SUV or a pickup truck.

That is the purpose intended for those vehicles by their creators. You don't have to agree with me but lets just look at the screenshots provided BY the creators:

829785-3-min.png

829785-5-min.png

829785-7-min.png

341cf7-11-min.png

341cf7-10-min.png

05fa3e-EVE-20181004233813.032.jpg

05fa3e-EVE-20181004234902.024.jpg

05fa3e-20181004234148_1.jpg

05fa3e-20181004234108_1.jpg

05fa3e-20181004233800_1.jpg

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Henning said:

Because these "Street racing cars" are the style of vehicle that people will take straight to the shop to configure into a racing and/or drifting vehicle, people aren't going to be doing that with an SUV or a pickup truck.

That is the purpose, intended for those vehicles. You don't have to agree with me but lets just look at the screenshots provided BY the creators:

Congratulations, you can take photos from the creators of the mods to showcase what's available.

But I do have a secret for you. Not everyone who buys those kinds of cars actually do that kind of thing to them. The purpose of a medium spec vehicle like those is whatever the user desires. Fortunately we all have that self desire to do what we like!

Here, let me show you actual examples of what normal people do with cars that can otherwise be turned into 'street racing cars'.

507a31caefc72282d6f5348a52ba359f.jpg

992618c7e4f7052d9c75bb30c62ac469.jpg

2879dacd0a6562ec746f30e920a5231f.jpg

c0bc4a40af55bd445d8e68fabd715310.jpg

bc4851498c0e4bae27d37641f7959029.jpg

49743515712_b3d3448597_o.png

20200405012206_1.png

20200404231339_1.jpg

Some of these examples are mine, some are other peoples work. Almost all of them can be turned into your examples. Please point out anything wrong with any of these pictures. Why must you punish everyone instead of just those who are causing the problem?

Just now, Marksman said:

Some of these examples are mine, some are other peoples work. Almost all of them can be turned into your examples. Please point out anything wrong with any of these pictures. Why must you punish everyone instead of just those who are causing the problem?

This isn't about punishing anyone I never said "OMG THESE SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED", I'm saying that there already is a healthy number of vehicles in this style. You know what we're lacking? Low end, daily drivers that the average American would be driving. Which I'm sorry but most of the vehicles you've suggested are not that.

You asked me to point out any issues with these? Here:

Racing seats 95% of Americans wouldn't have:

Aftermarket accessories/parts:

20200404231339_1.jpg

A classic muscle car that has no place as a "Daily driver":

After market accessories/parts: 

12 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Congratulations, you can take photos from the creators of the mods to showcase what's available.

But I do have a secret for you. Not everyone who buys those kinds of cars actually do that kind of thing to them. The purpose of a medium spec vehicle like those is whatever the user desires. Fortunately we all have that self desire to do what we like!

Here, let me show you actual examples of what normal people do with cars that can otherwise be turned into 'street racing cars'.

Spoiler

992618c7e4f7052d9c75bb30c62ac469.jpg

c0bc4a40af55bd445d8e68fabd715310.jpg

49743515712_b3d3448597_o.png

20200405012206_1.png

20200404231339_1.jpg

Removing livery doesn't prove your point. These all are project cars -

[A car of any kind, rusty, broken, classic, modern, muscle cars, JDMs, exotic cars and so on. But need a lot of money to maintain and improve performance. Other people see this as wasting money, but in the eyes of car enthusiasts, they are actually building a bond with the car]

From what I see, you want to play Need For Speed roleplay and forget about realism. People do not drive around with their project cars everyday, from home to work, after kids to school etc. These vehicles asks from you proper roleplay - which most of the players are ignoring.

I have a secret for you - key words are 'car enthusiasts'.

Edited by Robis[LV]

Advanced issues found

✌
6 minutes ago, Marksman said:

-SNIP-

You're forgetting one factor, yes normal people would make those cars look like they should and drive them as they should. Would the people who buy these cars in GTAW do that? Haha, no. Chances are they'll do some pointless street racing on Banyam or city, evade from PD for no good reason and drive like it's GTAO. It's not a surprise anymore really.

But you're also going away from the whole point of this argument. These cars should not be part of the initial 10 modded cars to be added. Those should be cars that are needed in the community such as daily drivers, regular cars or work vehicles and we seriously lack those. There is a large amount of sports cars to be picked from right now. It's enough really. 

I am personally fine with them to be added at LATER point of this server, but not now. You can pick Elegy, Drafter, Comet or anything else really and go ahead and rice them and race them.

• Upvote 1

I think my issue with "street racing cars" isn't the cars themselves or how people use em but how we've already got way more than enough of them already, I'd rather see some "humble" sedans and pickups trucks for civ use which aren't 20 foot tall mudders, not MORE cars ontop of an already pretty stacked "class" that's really not lacking in numbers, think of us little guys down here. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Henning said:

This isn't about punishing anyone I never said "OMG THESE SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED", I'm saying that there already is a healthy number of vehicles in this style. You know what we're lacking? Low end, daily drivers that the average American would be driving. Which I'm sorry but most of the vehicles you've suggested are not that.

You asked me to point out any issues with these? Here:

Racing seats 95% of Americans wouldn't have:

Aftermarket accessories/parts:

A classic muscle car that has no place as a "Daily driver":

After market accessories/parts: 

I asked you to point out what was wrong with them. Not what was aftermarket lol. Oh, and the Turmalina (The white car on the left) isn't a muscle car. Looks decieve, huh? I don't see what a daily driver has to do with anything anyway. Muscle cars are daily driven often, classic and modern. All of these cars are daily drivers, really. Fun fact, every single picture there has a car with modifications to it apart from the Hellhound.

Just now, Robis[LV] said:

Removing livery doesn't prove your point. These all are project cars -

From what I see, you want to play Need For Speed roleplay and forget about realism. People do not drive around with their project cars everyday, from home to work, after kids to school etc. These vehicles asks from you proper roleplay - which most of the players are ignoring.

Yah no d00d, none of these are project cars. I don't see any mismatched panels or unfinished parts. They're all cars that can, and frequently are in the real world, daily driven. You don't know a damn thing about me. I want to see fun car culture, all of those photos represent that. They're not race cars, they're street cars. People can, will and do drive their project cars every day. For some people, that's the only car they have. That's their culture. 

Now I'll admit loud and clear, there are people on the server that do not do things properly. But they should be dealt with seperately.