Your Fire Department

Truffle

I've a question regarding the life-guard unit or whatever it is. Why there's mallrats there? People running business, bars and clubs are now somehow a lifeguard??

Also.. Driving luxury cars?? Double story houses which are worth over 1m? That's nice.
@Cobra

image.png.57f5d707a940144c5d9ccc9f15ecb2f3.png

Edited by Zayyy
  • Applaud 1
32 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

I've a question regarding the life-guard unit or whatever it is. Why there's mallrats there? People running business, bars and clubs are now somehow a lifeguard?? 

Also.. Driving luxury cars?? Double story houses which are worth over 1m? That's nice.
@Cobra

As said on the main thread,

As with other legal faction threads, if you have problems with an individual member, this is not the place to do it. Any OOC issues can be forwarded to High Command's PMs @Truffle  @Roadtrain. Any IC issues can be done via Internal Affairs, available here: https://lsfd.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=325

If you have issues with character portrayals with individuals, please take it with our High Command, Internal Affairs, or Legal faction management. And not on this thread, which is for faction-wide criticism.

I should also mention that that doesn't give specific examples, or evidence, if you do bring it up to High Command, please give as much evidence as possible. And even more so if you bring it up with Legal Faction management. While our Firefighter portion of the faction has years of guides and information to assist in roleplaying a realistic character, our Lifeguard division is fairly new! And still settling. So any examples of poor character portrayal is very helpful when its factual, has proper evidence, and is fairly reported. Just saying somebody has a fancy car or a million-dollar property doesn't help anyone. Thank you!?

Edited by KinnyWynny
30 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

As said on the main thread,

As with other legal faction threads, if you have problems with an individual member, this is not the place to do it. Any OOC issues can be forwarded to High Command's PMs @Truffle  @Roadtrain. Any IC issues can be done via Internal Affairs, available here: https://lsfd.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=325

If you have issues with character portrayals with individuals, please take it with our High Command, Internal Affairs, or Legal faction management. And not on this thread, which is for faction-wide criticism.

I should also mention that that doesn't give specific examples, or evidence, if you do bring it up to High Command, please give as much evidence as possible. And even more so if you bring it up with Legal Faction management. While our Firefighter portion of the faction has years of guides and information to assist in roleplaying a realistic character, our Lifeguard division is fairly new! And still settling. So any examples of poor character portrayal is very helpful when its factual, has proper evidence, and is fairly reported. Just saying somebody has a fancy car or a million-dollar property doesn't help anyone. Thank you!?

Sure will do that. Though, your faction HQ needs to do a little background check on the players. It's always needed.

7 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

Sure will do that. Though, your faction HQ needs to do a little background check on the players. It's always needed.

Training and Recruitment does in fact do background checks on all players. But TnR handles Firefighter/EMT's only. And we don't get as much detail as we'd like in those background checks, so stuff can slip through the cracks. We also actively monitor assets and roleplay concepts, and will intervene when we see things. But the faction has grown exceptionally since last year, and we have a lot of people to keep an eye on. As well, the Lifeguard division handles recruitment inhouse. (For now.)

• Applaud 1

Hello. It's nice to see this thread up and along with the LSPD and LSSD threads respectively.

I'm happy that we have a venue to express ourselves as players and hopefully help you guys out with the faction.

My primary concerns are the social media policies — do they even exist? Bear in mind, I have no insight into internal protocols or procedures, so I can't tell for sure. But if it does exist, it seems to be either extremely loose or the Fire Department's staff simply does not care enough to abide by them. I've seen all types of rambunctious posts on FB, such as this one;

ec6324644d8fd6ee5c43fbb262031f86.png

23ce30b414dbff5e1749b6ef19a54281.png

It is rather difficult to take Firefighters seriously after reading something like that and ending up, say, involved in a RTC...

I am okay with Menyoo pictures, I am okay with people posting provocative imagery but I feel like there's a certain line. I personally don't know why a professional would post such things, especially when actively representing their respective department.

That's my big concern — the social media policies (or a lack of thereof). I won't get into internal who and what. But also by extent, I wish to use this thread to publicly commend @H04X for the roleplay they have provided me and others on a number of scenes, always managing to keep it fresh and interesting.

Edited by Wirbelwind
  • Thanks 1

I am personally happy with FD, saw FD do some cool rp around, but I wish RP was merged with the clinics where possible so that player could have an option to be taken to clinic for further IC treatment than just /do Medics in hospital heal you up type of stuff

1 hour ago, Briutas said:

I am personally happy with FD, saw FD do some cool rp around, but I wish RP was merged with the clinics where possible so that player could have an option to be taken to clinic for further IC treatment than just /do Medics in hospital heal you up type of stuff

Clinics =/= hospitals and we wouldnt drop a emergency patient at a facility that doesn't have an Emergency ward for trauma patients. Hospital may be a WIP (not on our side, the LSFD will never run or have a hospital in our organization). But thats unknown atm.

Just now, KinnyWynny said:

Clinics =/= hospitals and we wouldnt drop a emergency patient at a facility that doesn't have an Emergency ward for trauma patients. Hospital may be a WIP (not on our side, the LSFD will never run or have a hospital in our organization). But thats unknown atm.

Clinics need to upgrade to private hospitals then or smth ?

14 hours ago, Zayyy said:

@Cobra

Hi there, I'd like to jump in on this as the Head Lifeguard and the person who brought the plans to FD.

We base ourselves off of the Los Angeles County Lifeguards - they have been a guideline we have followed closely (albeit changing things to make it fit more with current GTA lore or game mechanics). That includes how we view the salary, which during the planning stages sat at $15.39 per hour. If we calculate that monthly for 40 hours worked per week, you're looking at around 2460 bucks a month, give or take. Given the economy of the server and the inflation of how PD/FD paychecks work - obviously this is a lot harder to manage as people can very quickly generate massive amounts of cash.

I do take this division very seriously and I'm sure most in FD can tell you the amount of behind the scenes work I've done, along with my Beach Captains, to ensure realism and quality. 

But currently, there needs to be some leeway as we're brand new - there is ALWAYS going to be teething issues for new things, especially being introduced to an already set-up faction with a structure. So things are constantly evolving and I promise that's on a daily level - I've been putting in 90 hour weeks working on this since we arrived in the FD and that's not changing anytime soon until I feel we're at the absolute best place we can be - but these things take a little time to figure out what works, what doesn't work, how things can be improved etc. We're trying to bring something fresh, unique and new to the community in an area that we found to be quiet. We want that beach thriving and I'm sure from the past two events I've ran there and the current activity levels - you can see that this is working. You can now go to the beach and the chances of you finding some casual RP are high.

On the issue of assets - I remind my division constantly about realistic assets but sometimes there is more than meets the eye to a character that you can't attribute: "Oh, they're a Lifeguard driving a 200k car." - While we do monitor what assets we have (and trust me, I do make people sell vehicles, give up businesses and refrain from doing other jobs if I find out they have other things going on with that character - if you're a Lifeguard, that's your permanent job in my eyes and I won't have the division treated as a "second place".), I also understand that as this is a new division and a lot of these characters have already had months and months of development behind them and may have obtained these assets in a realistic manor.

But in short, I will stomp down on this if I see it. And I'd welcome anyone to come to me if they have a concern.

I'd also welcome anyone to drop me a PM in regards to any suggestions or ideas you have. We're always building to be and do better - and this passion project is there for the entire community to enjoy, not just the members involved in the Lifeguards. Come and say hi to us, come and hang out with us, that's what we're there for!

• Upvote 6