Massive FPS Shuttering

Cacksii

Hellooo! I am trying to get into GTA World and I'm noticing that I get a massive amount of FPS drop/shuttering when I play. My specs are as follows.

Intel Core i5-9400 Six-Core at 2.9 GHz.

8 GB DDR4 RAM.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB Graphics Card.

1 TB HDD

When I play single player I am able to play at very high settings with no drop in FPS but on GTA World I play on minimum settings and my game shutters and freezes and lags so much, any ideas?

The latest update does this!

Reduced the streaming distance from 500 to 300, improving all players' game performance and fixing an issue where some cars would end up invisible for your client when ~500 players are online

Can you perhaps try now? Maybe it's going to function better for you. Furthermore, are all your GPU drivers up to date? Are you running any mods or is your game vanilla?

As others have said, ensure that your drivers are up to date. When you are in game and lagging try checking your computers task manager and look at the usage tab. Are your CPU/RAM/GPU exceedingly high or close to 100%?  You said you've lowered the settings but what resolution are you playing at?

6 hours ago, Wirbelwind said:

The latest update does this!

Can you perhaps try now? Maybe it's going to function better for you. Furthermore, are all your GPU drivers up to date? Are you running any mods or is your game vanilla?

How do I reduce the streaming distance. I'm also playing vanilla and I'm sure all my GPU drivers are updated.

Just now, Cacksii said:

How do I reduce the streaming distance. I'm also playing vanilla and I'm sure all my GPU drivers are updated.

The streaming distance is reduced on the server, nothing to worry about.

Have you tried what the two posts before me suggest?

Definitely try what everyone else has said but my suggestion will allow you to just immediately know if it is likely a hardware/software problem. Also consider checking your temperatures when checking usage with a program like HWMonitor, but if you don't overheat in any other games its unlikely.

i have this problem, it’s a RAM problem i believe. i too have 8GB.

it can be pretty ram intensive on its own, even worse if you use discord/your browser open at the same time, so naturally it can cause stutters.

upgrading to 16gb of ram will probably be your best bet

performance is always worse in rage because you’ve got other players and entities to sync up, and it’s not as streamlined as you’d get in gta online.

Edited by joshua