Juveniles and Policing

Shekh

12 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Good thing in the situation I’m talking about I stopped after running and turned myself in while the whole time being apologetic.

Need I remind you that I'm the one who arrested you and you were non-compliant and continued to flee on foot until after you were tazed and then proceeded to insult not only myself at gunpoint, but the officer who patted you down multiple times, so I'll go back to the statement I've made many times before. Stop weaponizing situations you're a part of fit your agenda.

You can brag all you'd like about how you were compliant, but it isn't the case and I'll once again refer to the statement you just quoted, no two scenarios are the same.

Edit: I'm not against your suggestion and never once said I'm not, I'm against your constant method of using scenarios that are not truthful to support your argument, as you skew the point entirely and like I've mentioned, use it to fit your agenda.

Edited by Ylva
2 hours ago, Ylva said:

Need I remind you that I'm the one who arrested you and you were non-compliant and continued to flee on foot until after you were tazed and then proceeded to insult not only myself at gunpoint, but the officer who patted you down multiple times, so I'll go back to the statement I've made many times before. Stop weaponizing situations you're a part of fit your agenda.

You can brag all you'd like about how you were compliant, but it isn't the case and I'll once again refer to the statement you just quoted, no two scenarios are the same.

Edit: I'm not against your suggestion and never once said I'm not, I'm against your constant method of using scenarios that are not truthful to support your argument, as you skew the point entirely and like I've mentioned, use it to fit your agenda.

Im not talking about the arrest that happened?? That was rped fine, please read my posts before quoting them I’m speaking about something that happened on another char a month or two ago. I think the reason you’ve been defensive is because you thought I was talking about your specific rp scene when I wasn’t even thinking about that.

Edited by Shekh
1 minute ago, Shekh said:

Im not talking about the arrest that happened?? That was rped fine, please read my posts before quoting them I’m speaking about something that happened on another char a month or two ago

d0a44b8f0e83227dba6c3ef60d11cd06.png

I'm not defensive at all, I'm just pointing out the flaws in your argument, if you see that as me being defensive then more power to you.

As shown in the image above, you're all over the place with your examples, maybe you should see about clarifiying them in the future as it seems to be an incident you're referring to months ago to an incident that happened a few days ago?

Why should LEO factions need OOC guidelines when half the "juvenile" roleplayers out there do not act juvenile at all? 

The suggestion here is a bit ridiculous because there's a ton of nuance in how someone portrays their character. If someone can play a juvenile well (meaning: not "acting like an adult but their /examine says they're 14!"), and their character's attitude towards LEOs isn't terrible, then LEOs have discretion to do what they want with that person as long as they haven't committed a felony. And in most cases, because conducting an arrest is such a pain in the ass, they'll generally let them go with a warning or maybe a fine. I've seen this happen dozens of times, and usually encourage it.

Then, you get people who play their character with the only indication that they're a "juvenile" being their age in /examine or repeated, down your throat /do's and /me's. They not only don't act like children, they generally act like hardened criminal assholes. And you expect us to have our characters treat them like they could still be moulded and shaped into a respectable adult? I don't think so, buddy. To the slammer with them!

5 minutes ago, Helm said:

Why should LEO factions need OOC guidelines when half the "juvenile" roleplayers out there do not act juvenile at all? 

The suggestion here is a bit ridiculous because there's a ton of nuance in how someone portrays their character. If someone can play a juvenile well (meaning: not "acting like an adult but their /examine says they're 14!"), and their character's attitude towards LEOs isn't terrible, then LEOs have discretion to do what they want with that person as long as they haven't committed a felony. And in most cases, because conducting an arrest is such a pain in the ass, they'll generally let them go with a warning or maybe a fine. I've seen this happen dozens of times, and usually encourage it.

Then, you get people who play their character with the only indication that they're a "juvenile" being their age in /examine or repeated, down your throat /do's and /me's. They not only don't act like children, they generally act like hardened criminal assholes. And you expect us to have our characters treat them like they could still be moulded and shaped into a respectable adult? I don't think so, buddy. To the slammer with them!

Obviously not true as i’ve experienced it myself several times. There’s a lot of good pd who portray great rp around juveniles and everyone in general, but those that don’t bring the faction down and need to essentially be taught how to.

22 minutes ago, Ylva said:

d0a44b8f0e83227dba6c3ef60d11cd06.png

I'm not defensive at all, I'm just pointing out the flaws in your argument, if you see that as me being defensive then more power to you.

As shown in the image above, you're all over the place with your examples, maybe you should see about clarifiying them in the future as it seems to be an incident you're referring to months ago to an incident that happened a few days ago?

The brawl and time i shoplifted were two different occasions, I mentioned them in seperate posts on this thread.

At the end of the day there’s gonna be bad eggs in every faction, but atleast if there was some sort of OOC reference on how to act then it would mean less instances of PD being seen as robotic (which is a very commonly believed statement we all know) so why would anyone disagree with the formation of OOC guidelines? If you quote me say why it’s a bad idea specifically since most of this is just trailing off into seperate discussion

4 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Obviously not true as i’ve experienced it myself several times. There’s a lot of good pd who portray great rp around juveniles and everyone in general, but those that don’t bring the faction down and need to essentially be taught how to.

What's not true? That LEOs want to avoid arresting someone as much as they can? Because I assure you, man, it's very true. Just give us the slightest reason not to. Just the slightest. And we won't. We're happy to let someone go, because then it frees us up to continue interacting with others and exploring other avenues of roleplay that doesn't include actual, real OOC work for us and performing a roleplay we've done a thousand times before. Sometimes it's enjoyable, depending on the other player. Most times it's not, and it becomes routine, boring, and downright draining. Don't you think we'd rather avoid it if we could, and replace it with some good, quality character development / interactions?

But, if your character (or the player) acts like a dick, you learn to treat them like a dick. If putting someone in jail means you don't have to deal with them for awhile, so be it.

As for why OOC guidelines are bad, why don't you read through my previous post again? There is nuance in every situation. And yet you want us to treat all situations the same and develop guidelines for how an individual should portray their character when interacting with a certain age group? People don't need guidelines for that kind of thing because every situation is different. Every character is different. If an Officer is acting like a dick to juvenile characters, rarely is it an OOC issue - and instead more of an IC issue in terms of how the "juvenile" is acting. Sometimes, too, the development of an Officer, of the player's desire to portray their character a certain way, takes the front seat, and maybe they've become a hardass who treats everyone the same in the eyes of the law, with little to no lee-way? Or, they don't like loud, obnoxious children? Or they don't like kids at all, especially ones who commit crimes? Since there's not a legal alternative, they are simply left with the option to treat them as an adult. 

Do you really want to be told how to portray your character in such a broad way? The most important aspect to roleplay is agency as a player to have their character act as they would act, do what they would do, and not be limited in those terms except in ways that are cringy or unethical / immoral to the point of near illegality IRL.

I think a more beneficial suggestion would be opening up avenues of juvenile detention with actual alternative pathways for Officers to take instead of it being a situation of arrest / not arrest in terms of misdemeanors and felonies.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Shekh said:

At the end of the day there’s gonna be bad eggs in every faction, but atleast if there was some sort of OOC reference on how to act then it would mean less instances of PD being seen as robotic (which is a very commonly believed statement we all know) so why would anyone disagree with the formation of OOC guidelines? If you quote me say why it’s a bad idea specifically since most of this is just trailing off into seperate discussion

i would be really curious about what those guidelines should entail, in your opinion.