Juveniles and Policing

Shekh

Just now, Shekh said:

I ran from pd after a fist fight on Gta World and they locked me up, pretty much ignored rp with robotic 1 word answers, and focused on arresting. Then i got 5 hours for evading.

Evading is a felony. Even if they wanted to let you go there's literally rules that stop them from doing that.

The GTAW Penal Code does not differentiate between underaged and adults.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

This has gotten out of hand. People are obviously not being very respectful to each other and this topic is going to require some cleaning up before we open it again.

If we find out you're stirring up shit on a discussion topic you will be punished.

Edited by lambchops

This thread will be unlocked but it's going to be heavily moderated given that several community members have decided to ruin it for others. We feel that discussing this particular topic can be beneficial so it's worth keeping open for now. However, if it gets out of hand again it's going to get locked again.

- Use your main forum accounts when posting rather than making alts just to post on this topic.
- @pateuvasiliu you have a long history of bringing discussions like this way off topic. Don't post on this topic anymore.
- Issues with specific faction members should be brought up with the leaders of their factions or with Faction Management. 
- Remain respectful when discussing this. Treat everyone like another roleplayer rather than taking an us vs them attitude. 

• Upvote 1
  • Keane unlocked this topic

As I just replied on another thread, with the same discussion..

"Another issue with this is there is no scripted age system, more than not at a point of detaining someone they will claim to be underage, tho pulling up the MDC they own a car and a license, sometimes a home. Underage players are used, not always, as a way to try to cop out of punishment.. Until there is a script that cuts their income, disallows them vehicles and licenses and jobs and requires them to have a guardian,..This wouldn't be feasible on GTAW,"

https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/topic/15947-the-police-department-you/&page=32&tab=comments#comment-184651

• Upvote 1

I can't speak for the Police Department, but for the Sheriff's Department, as I am someone who is in a position able to change things — we ensure that our faction members put emphasis on community policing throughout the server. We ensure that our faction members portray real, human people that completely focus on enjoyable, fair realistic police role play with characters that are interesting, and fruitful dialogue.

The Sheriff's Department will also utilize discretion when a situation with a minor occurs, as once again it falls into the aspect of ''human policing'' which we enforce internally for the health and enjoyment of anyone we interact with. Do note that if you're someone who is role playing a teenager involved in crime, and you're role playing it realistically; nerves, worries, anxiety and everything that comes with good, interesting characters — I assure you that our faction will reciprocate that and treat you fairly, and utilize whatever they can in their power to ensure you're not just carted off to jail. 

It's important to note that it takes two to tango. If you're going to play a character that is super passive-aggressive at cops for no reason, super weird and dismissive of their role play if and when they try to react to you — don't expect much, and for good reason. However, if you're someone who enjoys the nitty-gritty neighborhood focused police involvement and shoot the shit with local cops? I can assure you that the Sheriff's Department at least will put effort into realistic, enjoyable role play for everyone around you.

Myself personally, I don't arrest people who role play teens unless they're portraying a shit, weird character — and I'll always stick by that. If you provide me with nitty, gritty super enjoyable dialogue? I'll make sure you get the same back, and that is a tone we set for our entire faction in the Sheriff's Department. 

Our number one priority is ensuring that involving ourselves within certain neighborhoods and communities reaps good rewards. We want to shoot the shit with everyone and anyone; mobsters, gang members, civilians and so forth. Portraying genuine and real characters is something we enforce as a faction-wide rule, and if someone is unable to do that — they are removed, instantly. 

Edited by owen
1 minute ago, owen said:

I can't speak for the Police Department, but for the Sheriff's Department, as I am someone who is in a position able to change things — we ensure that our faction members put emphasis on community policing throughout the server. We ensure that our faction members portray real, human people that completely focus on enjoyable, fair realistic police role play with characters that are interesting, and fruitful dialogue.

The Sheriff's Department will also utilize discretion when a situation with a minor occurs, as once again it falls into the aspect of ''human policing'' which we enforce internally for the health and enjoyment of anyone we interact with. Do note that if you're someone who is role playing a teenager involved in crime, and you're role playing it realistically; nerves, worries, anxiety and everything that comes with good, interesting characters — I assure you that our faction will reciprocate that and treat you fairly, and utilize whatever they can in their power to ensure you're not just carted off to jail. 

It's important to note that it takes two to tango. If you're going to play a character that is super passive-aggressive at cops for no reason, super weird and dismissive of their role play if and when they try to react to you — don't expect much, and for good reason. However, if you're someone who enjoys the nitty-gritty neighborhood focused police involvement and shoot the shit with local cops? I can assure you that the Sheriff's Department at least will put effort into realistic, enjoyable role play for everyone around you.

Myself personally, I don't arrest people who role play teens unless they're portraying a shit, weird character — and I'll always stick by that. If you provide me with nitty, gritty super enjoyable dialogue? I'll make sure you get the same back, and that is a tone we set for our entire faction in the Sheriff's Department. 

Our number one priority is ensuring that involving ourselves within certain neighborhoods and communities reaps good rewards. We want to shoot the shit with everyone and anyone; mobsters, gang members, civilians and so forth. Portraying genuine and real characters is something we enforce as a faction-wide rule, and if someone is unable to do that — they are removed, instantly. 

I have to agree with you, I have yet to see Robo-cops in the sheriff's department, so far I've seen great role-play with a lot of deputies being friendly whenever they pull you over. They  generally seem to have a personality and it's great. With that being said, players might not notice if all they are doing is escaping/running from them. But most deputies seem to approach players in an opened friendly way, if you treat them like shit, expect to have shit in return. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, Mattkov said:

I have to agree with you, I have yet to see Robo-cops in the sheriff's department, so far I've seen great role-play with a lot of deputies being friendly whenever they pull you over. They  generally seem to have a personality and it's great. With that being said, players might not notice if all they are doing is escaping/running from them. But most deputies seem to approach players in an opened friendly way, if you treat them like shit, expect to have shit in return. 

My best encounter with a peace officer was also a deputy, rarely do I see a non-origninal and un-happy with the pay deputy. I like to see variety with public servants, some more focused on work and making their living, the other genuinely there for the community and there to help it. It's not easy to find two like minded people in South LS from both sides though. It's all dependent on the values one has, I'm hopeful to see many more peace officers focused on the RP rather than just getting one more arrest on record or getting their money. I genuinely wait for the day to see a PO interact in some original roleplay with a member of a poor community.

I'd appreciate if members of police department did their research on videos like these more than these;

24 minutes ago, owen said:

This wasnt targeted towards Sherrifs as they for some reason usually have more rp surrounding their characters. Every Sheriff i’ve RPed with usually portrays their chars way better than the PD do, not really sure why that is.

And I know i’m bias but i’d say I portray my character pretty well and provide rp for PD only to be met with single answer robotic replies as they seem to only care about the task of arresting.

Also to the dude that said it’s IC to the officers discretion, that is the very problem. There should be OOC guidlines

to help PD rp around younger characters or even rp in general as most factions have this and legal ones don’t, like why’s there guidlines on how to rp most ages, races ect, but not one about how to sucessfully rp a LEO character? Someone should make one to help eachother out as it is pretty commonly agreed their rp leaves more to be desired in most cases.