Juveniles and Policing

Shekh

Just now, Westen said:

So, when you say creative roleplay, what would YOU like to see?

I can think of a few things, but when it comes to minors I'm assuming most of it would have to be NPCed as per my posts above; how can you do that creative roleplay without getting jailed for PG?

If we look at a petty crime, what I'D like to see - would be an officer that gives the question of ''Is your big brother, mom or dad home?" A lot of people I know have another player roleplaying an older sibling. The fact is I'm slightly tired of seeing every officer roleplay so similar to one another, making it seem that they just want the arrest not the roleplay out of the situation. I've no problem with PD but something passive can always be RP'd and there are ways around sentencing which obviously mainly comes down to the officer himself. I've also never seen a corrupt police officer, nothing of the sorts which I'd personally love to see.

• Upvote 1
Just now, gachette said:

If we look at a petty crime, what I'D like to see - would be an officer that gives the question of ''Is your big brother, mom or dad home?" A lot of people I know have another player roleplaying an older sibling. The fact is I'm slightly tired of seeing every officer roleplay so similar to one another, making it seem that they just want the arrest not the roleplay out of the situation. I've no problem with PD but something passive can always be RP'd and there are ways around sentencing which obviously mainly comes down to the officer himself. I've also never seen a corrupt police officer, nothing of the sorts which I'd personally love to see.

In terms of petty crime, I agree with you. But frankly, I don't see a lot of petty crime from minors or gangs. Frankly, the majority of the scenes we attend involving these groups of people are felony level, serious incidents. For example, I believe a character of someone in this thread ran from Macdonald Street after an officer wanted to speak with them. The officer wanted to speak with them because they were seen in an area where someone had just attempted to murder an officer and three people had just been shot.

16 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

+

They should be banned altogether because depicting actual child violence is illegal in a lot of places and some people sexualise their underage characters.

Just disturbing ( and probably illegal IRL ) stuff that should not be allowed here. Most RP servers I've been on ( I've RPed for almost 10 years in various communities and games ) BAN or VERY HEAVILY FROWN upon underage characters. I don't know why GTAW insists on keeping them around.

Also Evading isn't a petty crime, it's a felony. 

I genuinely think this is one of the worst arguments I've ever heard. I don't know who rps child violence or sexualises underaged characters but if people are actually doing this that's a whole nother story

This thread is about PD's treatment of kids not the fact that you disagree with rping under 18. Make your own thread if you care enough lol

Edited by Max3
  • Upvote 4

If the roleplay being provided to me is reasonable (some 15-year-old running from the cops on foot), I'll usually have a word with them, roleplay bringing them to their parents' house, and have them deal with him. My character isn't going to ruin some kid's life by giving him a record due to some dumb decisions he made at a young age. 

I fully disagree with the notion that we should ban minor/teenage roleplay just because it'll make your life as a cop easier (it honestly doesn't make a difference). It's ignorant to say "who cares about someone's gang roleplay, ban teenagers" when they're very essential to gangs.

Edited by CloutToken
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Westen said:

In terms of petty crime, I agree with you. But frankly, I don't see a lot of petty crime from minors or gangs. Frankly, the majority of the scenes we attend involving these groups of people are felony level, serious incidents. For example, I believe a character of someone in this thread ran from Macdonald Street after an officer wanted to speak with them. The officer wanted to speak with them because they were seen in an area where someone had just attempted to murder an officer and three people had just been shot.

It is more rare, I do understand most cases are serious, but once you come across a minor you have to deal with, it'd be appreciated to take a different approach to it - try to get yourself involved with the community you patrole everyday, try to speak with the people in it, get yourself involved. It doesn't always have to be responding to a call when there's so many opportunities around you. See a basketball game? Challenge someone to a one-on-one, something of the sorts, this is what I'd like to see from the police.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, CloutToken said:

If the roleplay being provided to me is reasonable (some 15-year-old running from the cops on foot), I'll usually have a word with them, roleplay bringing them to their parents' house, and have them deal with him. My character isn't going to ruin some kid's life by giving him a record due to some dumb decisions he made at a young age. 

I fully disagree with the notion that we should ban minor/teenage roleplay just because it'll make your life as a cop easier (it honestly doesn't make a difference). It's ignorant to say "who cares about someone's gang roleplay, ban teenagers" when they're very essential to gangs.

Thank you. If every cop was like you I wouldn’t have made this thread

• Applaud 1
30 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

+

They should be banned altogether because depicting actual child violence is illegal in a lot of places and some people sexualise their underage characters.

Just disturbing ( and probably illegal IRL ) stuff that should not be allowed here. Most RP servers I've been on ( I've RPed for almost 10 years in various communities and games ) BAN or VERY HEAVILY FROWN upon underage characters. I don't know why GTAW insists on keeping them around.

Also Evading isn't a petty crime, it's a felony. 

Agreed

8 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I agree with this. If it's petty and a misdemeanor there's really no reason to throw a book at a kid unless a cop is able to justify it accordingly. 

We should have this clarified as most cops don’t agree with you

I ran from police after shoplifting irl when i was 14 and all that happened was I got taken back home after I apologised to the store owner

I ran from pd after a fist fight on Gta World and they locked me up, pretty much ignored rp with robotic 1 word answers, and focused on arresting. Then i got 5 hours for evading.

There’s great PD characters but we can all agree the majority are like this, which is why Pd should have OOC guidlines on how to rp around minors and such. Every fac i’ve ever joined has guidlines they make you read before you rp with them, but the one “official” faction on the server fails to have this?