Juveniles and Policing

Shekh

Just now, gachette said:

I'm sorry but I'm getting the vibe that the police roleplayers here don't have the understanding that minors get away with a lot of crime do to them. being. minors. We are focusing on petty crime here, not murder. 

Yes, but a lot of these minors will gladly take part in a gang hit. 

Unless I am wrong, there is no age of responsibility as defined in the Penal Code, meaning anyone regardless of their age can be prosecuted for a crime. Because there is no structure in place other than NPCing CPS/Legal Guardians, the process for a standard arrest is followed.

Also, for misdemeanors, arresting someone is officer's discretion. If the officer believes that other disposal methods (e.g. taking them home to their guardian) would not be appropriate, then they take them to jail. I would argue that taking a juvenile back into Brogue/Covenant/those areas is wholly inappropriate, and thus, jail would be a safer place and more effective deterrent.

• Applaud 2
57 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

i’m against below 18 characters for a lot of reasons. But those are the main ones.

+

They should be banned altogether because depicting actual child violence is illegal in a lot of places and some people sexualise their underage characters.

Just disturbing ( and probably illegal IRL ) stuff that should not be allowed here. Most RP servers I've been on ( I've RPed for almost 10 years in various communities and games ) BAN or VERY HEAVILY FROWN upon underage characters. I don't know why GTAW insists on keeping them around.

Also Evading isn't a petty crime, it's a felony. 

Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

+

They should be banned altogether because depicting actual child violence is illegal in a lot of places and some people sexualise their underage characters.

Just disturbing ( and probably illegal IRL ) stuff that should not be allowed here. Most RP servers I've been on ( I've RPed for almost 10 years in various communities and games ) BAN or VERY HEAVILY FROWN upon underage characters. I don't know why GTAW insists on keeping them around.

I'm sorry but I'm lol.

1 minute ago, Westen said:

Yes, but a lot of these minors will gladly take part in a gang hit. 

Unless I am wrong, there is no age of responsibility as defined in the Penal Code, meaning anyone regardless of their age can be prosecuted for a crime. Because there is no structure in place other than NPCing CPS/Legal Guardians, the process for a standard arrest is followed.

Also, for misdemeanors, arresting someone is officer's discretion. If the officer believes that other disposal methods (e.g. taking them home to their guardian) would not be appropriate, then they take them to jail. I would argue that taking a juvenile back into Brogue/Covenant/those areas is wholly inappropriate, and thus, jail would be a safer place and more effective deterrent.

Very well said but some creative roleplay from a PO would be lovely to see once in a while as well.

Edited by gachette
Just now, gachette said:

Very well said but some creative roleplay from a PO would be lovely to see once in a while as well.

So, when you say creative roleplay, what would YOU like to see?

I can think of a few things, but when it comes to minors I'm assuming most of it would have to be NPCed as per my posts above; how can you do that creative roleplay without getting jailed for PG?

3 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

+

ahahhahahahhaa what?!??!?

21 minutes ago, Westen said:

Because we can't drop you off at home. I'm willing to bet the majority of people that RP minors NPC their guardians to some extent. This makes it nigh on impossible to roleplay this properly.

Furthermore, from my experience, juvenile characters only seem to throw the /me that they're 14 up the minute their ass gets tased for doing something stupid.

You ever think about reading or doing /examine or is that second nature to you 

4 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I don't care. This is very questionable OOC/IRL. I don't want to write about shooting down a 15 year old or see sexual descriptions in /examine about a kid. Most RP communities ban under 18 roleplaying and so should this one.

Following the law and normalcy OOC is more important than some gang's RP.

Look dude I know you don’t like underage characters because you don’t do crime roleplay. You drive around in a fancy juiced up car and go to bars. Don’t start saying you should have any say in how we should roleplay 

Just now, Dynamite! said:

You ever think about reading or doing /examine or is that second nature to you 

No need for the attitude. Sometimes, yeah, but I don't always get chance to /examine everyone at a scene unless it's calm, but given the uh, gang related nature of most of these scenarios discussed in this thread, it's easier said than done. Plus, not everyone has an /examine set.

6 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I don't care. This is very questionable OOC/IRL. I don't want to write about shooting down a 15 year old or see sexual descriptions in /examine about a kid. Most RP communities ban under 18 roleplaying and so should this one.

Following the law and normalcy OOC is more important than some gang's RP.

Most of the best RP on this server comes from gang rp, so yes, "some gangs rp" does matter.