Juveniles and Policing

Shekh

7 minutes ago, gachette said:

because the kids are the ones that run the streets and are most active in them. Without UNDERAGE characters down south you'd have 50% less scenes to tend to.

exactly. If adult characters were the ones on street corners selling drugs it would be unrealistic. Crime rp in general needs minors to function.

Just now, Westen said:

Because we can't drop you off at home. I'm willing to bet the majority of people that RP minors NPC their guardians to some extent. This makes it nigh on impossible to roleplay this properly.

Furthermore, from my experience, juvenile characters only seem to throw the /me that they're 14 up the minute their ass gets tased for doing something stupid.

I had an older brother/legal gaurding char (real player not NPC) right next to me asking the PD to leave me alone after I got arrested for evading, so that's no excuse. I don't mind being arrested even if I didn't do it since it's an IC problem, but the fact I'm 15 wasn't even considered or RPed in any way and it was just robotic rp which is what is common with PD rpers. Their should be OOC guidelines.

1 minute ago, Westen said:

Because we can't drop you off at home. I'm willing to bet the majority of people that RP minors NPC their guardians to some extent. This makes it nigh on impossible to roleplay this properly.

Furthermore, from my experience, juvenile characters only seem to throw the /me that they're 14 up the minute their ass gets tased for doing something stupid.

people in south central grow up hating the police, riots and so forth in history being perfect examples. If you're in the south bereau of PD i believe you should research how citizens function in them as well. For me most officers have one intent and one goal, and it isn't creative roleplay. I can promise you most would gladly NPC their guardians if they were given the chance.

1 hour ago, Shekh said:

PD should change their approach and have OOC guidelines on how to RP around minors

Minors should not be playable at all. While it is legal for a Cop to do his duty against an underage criminal in real life, me writing about performing a strip search on an underage kid online probably puts me on some FBI list.

The server really should ban any under 18 character.

Nobody cares, they exist and many people rp as them

They shouldn't exist.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

Minors should not be playable at all. While it is legal for a Cop to do his duty against an underage criminal in real life, me writing about performing a strip search on an underage kid probably puts me on some FBI list.

The server really should ban any under 18 character.

Strip search on a minor? That'd only be in Juvenile hall. Not on the street. 

Just now, gachette said:

Strip search on a minor? That'd only be in Juvenile hall. Not on the street. 

Who the hell cares where it is? I don't want to have to write about shooting down a 15 year old.

Minor characters should not be playable.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

If you call for banning under 18 characters, you clearly don't understand that a majority of day to day criminal activity is carried out by minors. Once your 20/21 your somewhat of an old man on the street.

On the other side of the coin people need to stop RPing 16 year old legal experts and crying every time PD interacts with your character.

Just lock them up in mission row if there is such an issue with putting them in county.