Juveniles and Policing

Shekh

I mean a YA would take a lot of time and effort to make. The prison we have now took nearly 2 years to complete. So, the ooc guidelines sounds like a more reasonable approach or maybe suggesting staff add another sector onto the current jail for YA. 

Edited by Benny Black

how has this turned into people saying they're below under 18 characters. Nobody cares, they exist and many people rp as them, this thread is about how PD treat those characters.

And I don't expect any juvie to be created, I just want PD to be told to change their approach on younger characters.

Edited by Shekh
1 minute ago, Shekh said:

I just want PD to be told to change their approach on younger characters.

So after being involved in a brawl and being held at gunpoint, having to be tased after a four minute foot chase AND interfering with a felony stop just to conceal evidence and run using a vehicle the police should've had a big "no-no" conversation with you and dropped you off at your abuelita's?

23 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

We also don’t have Juvenile prisons, Child Protective Services, Social workers or policies on Juvenile treatment and protection.

i’m against below 18 characters for a lot of reasons. But those are the main ones.

Under 18 characters are essential for poverty/gang roleplay. CPS is not needed, the fact if a juvenile commits a petty crime and gets a sentence is what we're at here. If I were to see myself as a police officer that'd be more enjoyable RP for me, not straight away taking them away to get your arrests up.

10 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

So after being involved in a brawl and being held at gunpoint, having to be tased after a four minute foot chase AND interfering with a felony stop just to conceal evidence and run using a vehicle the police should've had a big "no-no" conversation with you and dropped you off at your abuelita's?

Are you merging two different things that happened together to make this sound worse?

All I did was evade, if I did that irl at the age im rping (which i've done IRL) I garuntee I wouldn't see a cell. You need to research how to portray a LEO character more if you think that. The only person who RPed my age was the hispanic officer (forgot his name) and he did a great job portraying his char, so this isn't department bashing i'm just givign constructing critisicism.

3 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Are you merging two different things that happened together to make this sound worse?

All I did was evade, if I did that irl at the age im rping (which i've done IRL) I garuntee I wouldn't see a cell. You need to research how to portray a LEO character more if you think that. The only person who RPed my age was the hispanic officer (forgot his name) and he did a great job portraying his char, so this isn't department bashing i'm just givign constructing critisicism.

Thankfully I don't portray a LEO character. And while I understand where you're coming from and can see that happen for a misdemeanor maybe, but the double felony? Hell no. I have plenty of anecdotal instances where that just doesn't happen. You don't commit a felony and get dropped at your home with a little finger wag.

5 minutes ago, Dynamite! said:

Hitting someone with a hammer doesn’t warrant being killed by a cop, but whatever you say mall rat 

It does if that person at the time of the shooting posed an immanent and credible threat.

1 hour ago, Shekh said:

PD should change their approach and have OOC guidelines on how to RP around minors, i've done what my character did IRL and police just warned me and dropped me home, so why is my character getting a month in an adult prison?

Because we can't drop you off at home. I'm willing to bet the majority of people that RP minors NPC their guardians to some extent. This makes it nigh on impossible to roleplay this properly.

Furthermore, from my experience, juvenile characters only seem to throw the /me that they're 14 up the minute their ass gets tased for doing something stupid.