need help with fps drops

3 minutes ago, TrickyShot said:

Turn VSYNC ON, that solved all FPS issues for me.

its on already. 

Just now, Sebz said:

What I'll say about that is: Check your storage utilization via task manager, see if it's peaking out on read (not write). It could be lagging behind as far as rendering in the loads of assets GTA V has. I can say without a doubt that when I purchased a new HDD (Mine was old at the time) my performance on several games increased. Even since then, I've purchased a solid state drive and had had no stuttering issues in any games, other than perhaps micro stutters which are hardly noticeable.

how do u suggest i do that? ive got honestly no clue when it comes to hardware like that. i got this drive (F:) total of 900 GB and i only used 500 GB so far in it, it says 20 GB left. thats fucked up i feel like something is definitely wrong with my HDD 

Well you've got pagefile and hiberfil on your drives likely taking up space that isn't shown as available. Plus you've got to account for your windows (or whichever OS you're running) distribution. It takes up a considerable amount of your drive automatically. If I were in your shoes, I would run a thorough disk defragmentation (as it's an HDD) and on top of that I'd run a program such as ccleaner to get rid of useless files that are filling your drive.

Another recommended program that is on every computer I own is WinDirStat. It'll check your entire drive for files and present them graphically so you can see what's eating up all your space and delete it as you feel necessary.

Edited by Sebz
3 minutes ago, Sebz said:

Well you've got pagefile and hiberfil on your drives likely taking up space that isn't shown as available. Plus you've got to account for your windows (or whichever OS you're running) distribution. It takes up a considerable amount of your drive automatically. If I were in your shoes, I would run a thorough disk defragmentation (as it's an HDD) and on top of that I'd run a program such as ccleaner to get rid of useless files that are filling your drive.

Another recommended program that is on every computer I own is WinDirStat. It'll check your entire drive for files and present them graphically so you can see what's eating up all your space and delete it as you feel necessary.

i got my windows installed on my SSD so that shouldnt be affecting the HDD, however ill try the ccleaner and the other program thanks.

Edited by CoastalChain67
Just now, CoastalChain67 said:

i got my windows installed on my SSD so that shouldnt be affecting the SSD, however ill try the ccleaner and the other program thanks.

Oh! I didn't realize you had an SSD as well. If you can afford the space I'd recommend moving GTA V over to the SSD. But regardless try what I mentioned above and let me know how it goes.

Just now, Sebz said:

Oh! I didn't realize you had an SSD as well. If you can afford the space I'd recommend moving GTA V over to the SSD. But regardless try what I mentioned above and let me know how it goes.

i got a couple other games on it, its only 120 GB atm, im gonna buy a 480 GB one soon then ill move it, gta 5 is 94 GB itself. i got 3 GB left on SSD, ill make sure to try what u mentioned up there, thanks.

Run this with MSI Afterburner or another CPU/GPU usage tool. The causes could be many.

My 2c is that your CPU is at 100% ( CPU bottleneck ) but we can't know more without seeing those numbers.

GTAW is pretty CPU intensive. My CPU sits at 61C in RDR2 but 65C in GTAW.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • 3 months later...
  • Bash locked this topic