Adding a /ad queue. ((More info))

c9k

Short description: An AD Queue, so players do not have to repeatedly type /ad

Detailed description: No crazy detailed update, just a quality of life update would be good for the server in my opinion. Not really sure how the company / business advertisements works, but for general ads something could be done. You'd get queued, at a certain time whether that's still 3 minutes time, couple players ad's would get posted a few seconds spaced out and the queue would be bumped up. A command to /removeadqueue or something would be to remove the player.

Commands to add: /ad, /removead 

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Quality and Experience of players. It would place you in a queue so you do not have to keep typing the command and your ad will be posted.

Additional information: Don't already know if there is something like this out there on the market but I am in CS in school, so not sure how hard something like this would be.

c9k

Edited by c9k
Didn't see template.
  • Upvote 1

So what is a possible approach to compensate for this for donators who've paid to help with the limit? I feel like the Ad Queue was always a scapegoat for ad systems, but definitely down for this because trying to get an ad on my new character (who doesn't have premium) is aids.

This would be helpful and solve a lot of the issues I personally faced when I ran a small hustle that relied on advertisements.

Donators could possibly have the ability to place multiple adverts in the queue with a smaller cool down?

38 minutes ago, Davis Felon said:

So what is a possible approach to compensate for this for donators who've paid to help with the limit? I feel like the Ad Queue was always a scapegoat for ad systems, but definitely down for this because trying to get an ad on my new character (who doesn't have premium) is aids.

The only difference would be that you wouldn't have to spam /ad waiting for the 3 minute timer to pass since the last ad. Non premium players  will still have to wait 20 minutes inbetween ads. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Davis Felon said:

I think that the same rules will apply (If I understand what you're saying), the cool down will still be there of 20 minutes, once after the player could use the /ad command to enter the queue with their ad again.

45 minutes ago, Jak said:

I'd prefer a whole overhaul of the ad system but this works yes.

Yeah. That would be nice aswell.

16 minutes ago, Knowing said:

It's shocking to me that this isn't already a feature.

Would be great for the quality of the server.

47 minutes ago, r0yal said:

This would be helpful and solve a lot of the issues I personally faced when I ran a small hustle that relied on advertisements.

Donators could possibly have the ability to place multiple adverts in the queue with a smaller cool down?

That is a good idea, if the Donators do not already have a lower cool-down (I'm not sure), then that could be a thing. Donators could maybe place another ad in the queue, or maybe have some sort of priority in the list for their next ad after the cool down.