New criminal activity suggestions

Brox

• 4 weeks later...

Overall, I really like this suggestion. I'd just like to reply with some points I had after reading the initial suggestion.

On 3/28/2020 at 8:35 AM, Brox said:

Detailed description:

- A dark web system with a GTAW dedicated domain system , akin to that of facebrowser ( Or just an IC sub forum on the main forums), but for criminals to access and advertise stolen wares, illegal narcotics, leak access to legal documents, discuss illegal activities, do red rooms, advertise underground events like illegal gambling and fight clubs. (Could even include a bitcoin system eventually for illegal transactions rather than criminals dealing exclusively in. There could be some kind of means by which law enforcement /can/ catch people on there if the roleplayer was sloppy or unrealistic in the manner they accessed the web, and didn't properly secure their IP. You would potentially access this with your opening comment on the forum ( Or a PM to a FM handler) whereby you roleplay how you access the dark web, and if it's sloppy or unrealistic they just pass that information onto law enforcement. 

This would be a really good idea, but I'm hoping not all characters suddenly become dark web masters that are untraceable. Furthermore, I honestly think a lot of these transactions should be allowed through facebrowser, while others should be on the dark web. You should see the amount of bulk sellers on snapchat/instagram, however these are usually only for marijuana. A darkweb system would be great, I just hope players RP realistically when accessing it. Furthermore, maybe the bitcoin shouldn't be implemented - I feel like if people do play uncatchable, at least PD can set up sting operations. If this is going to be added though, I'd love to see a mail system implemented. PD should be able to do sting operations, IRL most weapons on public dark web sites are just honeypots.

- A fraud system whereby certain individuals can apply to illegal FM to become fraudsters. A member of illegal FM could potentially become the contact point for fraudsters, and receive applicants on an application system whereby the individual submits an in depth application, explaining how they intend to illicitly gain funds by fraud, be it credit card fraud, welfare fraud, telemarketing, insurance fraud or otherwise. The member of illegal FM would judge people on a case by case basis, and those who had a stellar pitch and planned to roleplay it fully and well, could potentially double or triple their unemployment (Which is 800 for most people) by the hour. PD could potentially react to this by beginning to monitor bank transactions of suspects, as there is already a system on the UCP whereby you can see bank activity. PD could potentially set up a counter fraud division, but I digress.

As someone with experience in the field, I can definitely say that while this is a good idea - I feel like it shouldn't tie in to the bank account. There should be other ways for this to work. I think an increased bank account intake is just an easy sign of illicit activity - no criminal would put significant amounts into their bank constantly unless they were truly dumb. Even so, we'd need to expand upon the system of money & traceable deposits if we wanted to start RPing all IRS in one avenue. What might be cool is if we finally add debit cards in order to be able to pay from bank, and then we could potentially actually introduce skimmers in the game. However - even without this system, if criminals could use stolen credit cards RPly to buy items from say a 24/7, and then they'd have to fence these items, and that's their income (there's some high value stuff that could be stolen from script businesses, like masks, boomboxes, etc, or maybe they will just RP buying items and selling them and the admin will pay them). This can then be expanded - if the criminal got sloppy and was caught on camera, they'd receive a visit from the LSPD. More roleplay/in game interaction with this would be great!

- A forgery system whereby you can apply for a supplier status to be eligible to create fake licenses and ID's with a minimum of a certain amount a month, potentially allowing criminals or civilians alike to be able to get licenses illegally including driving, flying, pf and ccw. There would need to be a very limited amount of these in circulation, however I do feel like it would add a lot of rp to a suitable candidate and their faction, as this is a massive element of real life organised crime. Felons could have access to things they otherwise wouldn't be able to access, people who roleplay being underage or disqualified from driving could get a driver's license and people could even roleplay obtaining fake medical licenses or the likes if they really felt so inclined. It would add another element of detective work for law enforcement digging out these fake licenses and trying to trace it back to the supplier, meaning roleplay standards of the supplier would have to be high else they'd be crucifying themselves.

I like this idea a lot. I hope that it won't lead to metagaming though, but anyways, hopefully people will properly roleplay others' names when they see them as different in the IDs. Obviously people would still get caught as PD often runs such licenses through the MDC, but it'd be cool to be able to obtain fake licenses either way. The supply of these is definitely not small at all in real life, but we RP in San Andreas, so I'd say a controlled group with limited production would be fine. Hopefully it wouldn't become too hard to obtain though.

- A cellular and social media hacking system whereby certain criminals could potentially get access to private messages and information from phones and facebrowser, to A potentially blackmail, or B gain information. I know this is a long shot as police bugs aren't even implemented right now, but it could be something that could be considered for release alongside that legal update.

This would be really cool. I'm not sure if it already exists this way - but it'd be cool if you could see other /messages when you have other peoples phones, You should also be able to set a SIM pin of some sorts, and then some sort of hacking system can be done to read these messages with the physical access. Furthermore, a way to potentially clone SIM cards/spoof numbers or obtain messages, that's definitely something that sounds cool as fuck to add in. It's a bit hacker movie and not something that could be 100% realistically portrayed, but I think it's one of the systems that would be fine to simplify as it'd be good RP regardless.

- Call centre scams. ( A little bit of a zany one, but I do know some people who roleplay characters who aren't the brightest, or are vulnerable) So the means to potentially enable this would be to allow people running scams like this to temporarily change their name to avoid metagaming comebacks. I could see some wacky but entirely realistic rp with people setting up illegal call centres to try and scam members of the public, who's cell phone numbers could be passed to these centres by a script. They could potentially be paid hourly by the likes of the unique item script as it's unlikely many people will react, but it would definitely make for some entertaining roleplay scenarios. I for one, get at least one of these sort of calls a week.

This can already be done without script support, but it'd DEFINITELY be way easier with the temporary change of name for the phone. I'd love to see how crafty people get with their scams, possibly producing some that would genuinely trick the player out of character as well. I know I'd probably RP falling for it on one of my characters, but I can already think of some clever impersonation scams in my head right now that would easily play out if one could change their name if they were in an approved call center RP.

- Knives available through hardware stores. Honestly, it makes zero sense that they aren't. It's legal to buy them in the state of Cali, which San An is based on, and quite frankly they do the same damage as a hammer/wrench/flashlight which criminals tend to carry anyway, so it's just a little bit more immersive than everybody rolling up with a hammer or wrench. Equally, it's legal within the penal code to carry a knife with a blade under three inches. This will just add a little bit more realism, imo.

I'd agree, but add only the switchblade, not the knife. The switchblade has a small blade and is compact. The knife is...fucking huge, and clearly meant for absolutely murdering the fuck out of people. 

I agree with everything beside the fraud system and the call centre scam system. These two can be roleplayed ingame without the need of the script itself, therefore it's pointless to waste time on that and it kinda does make the server a bit RPGish if you have a fraud system available ngl. 

I fully support all of this, there really aren't that many scripts available for criminals to roleplay, the way I see it it's mostly official factions that have access to some real scripts that help their roleplay.

Edited by sc_nexus