New criminal activity suggestions

Brox

11 minutes ago, Gall said:

Supporting this heavily. I agree with knives specifically. I'm not in favor of the current knife system, you'll have to jack about 2 cars to craft a single knife as a metallurgist, on average. Realistically, you could make 300+ knives out of a single car. It's very intensive and creates a huge gap in the market for non-suppliers, knives shouldn't be as scarce as it is. This applies to lock-picks and knuckle dusters as well, they rely on the car jacking system and is extremely intensive.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think all of these are solid suggestions, most would definitely add another layer to illegal RP. I'd love to see knives being added to hardware stores, they're so much more efficient and realistic than people running around with hammers and bats stashed god knows where. The document forgery option would be pretty neat too, I know quite a few players RP having a fake ID, or some who even RP making them. I'm not entirely sure about the dark web, It would definitely need a lot planning so it's executed properly.

• Upvote 1

The use of the dark web would definitely be an interesting add. I do have some issues with how people would obtain access to the services (not everyone in the ghetto is a computer whiz). Maybe certain phones given by suppliers could come with access to the services? 

A lot of those suggestions would be good to see. What needs a complete rehaul from what I hear is the car scrapping system. The risk of stealing a car and attempting to chop it just non existant in its current state. I'd love to see a car theft ring that takes over the melee market. 

4 minutes ago, Crocker said:

A lot of those suggestions would be good to see. What needs a complete rehaul from what I hear is the car scrapping system. The risk of stealing a car and attempting to chop it just non existant in its current state. I'd love to see a car theft ring that takes over the melee market. 

There's a few suggestions for it. Nervous said he will work on them once the alarm system for vehicls is out, but he never did. >.<

8 minutes ago, Groz said:

The use of the dark web would definitely be an interesting add. I do have some issues with how people would obtain access to the services (not everyone in the ghetto is a computer whiz). Maybe certain phones given by suppliers could come with access to the services? 

Doesn't make sense. People can access dark web with computers too.

Edited by Zayyy
1 minute ago, Zayyy said:

Doesn't makes sense. People can access dark web with computers too.

Very true, however, with no computer system in-game currently, there's really no real way to properly regulate just anybody from accessing what's meant to be an illegal market/forum. 

Accounts could require administrator approval, but that also creates a backlog of character checks and further headaches when multiple characters decide they want to access the dark web. 

I definitely support the suggestion wholeheartedly, would love to hear ideas on how it could be done.

1 hour ago, Groz said:

But that defers the whole reason of the darkweb, it IS open to /everyone/ but like you say, not everyone has the balls to do it, and not everyone is "smart" enough to access it without being traced. This is where the suggestion comes into play, where he says if the RP is done sloppy etc then the PD can track them quite easy.

20 minutes ago, Groz said:

Very true, however, with no computer system in-game currently, there's really no real way to properly regulate just anybody from accessing what's meant to be an illegal market/forum. 

Accounts could require administrator approval, but that also creates a backlog of character checks and further headaches when multiple characters decide they want to access the dark web. 

I definitely support the suggestion wholeheartedly, would love to hear ideas on how it could be done.

Just now, Davis Felon said:

But that defers the whole reason of the darkweb, it IS open to /everyone/ but like you say, not everyone has the balls to do it, and not everyone is "smart" enough to access it without being traced. This is where the suggestion comes into play, where he says if the RP is done sloppy etc then the PD can track them quite easy.

What this fella said. ^

15 minutes ago, Davis Felon said:

Which is a really good idea in theory, but then it becomes a matter of FM or whomever would be in charge of handling the service having to take the time out and pass along the info of every single person deemed unfit to the police, and them having to follow up on each individual.

If it's widely accessible to every single person, it can create an issue of too much work needing to be done from those two sides. That being said, I'm sure there are ways we can make it more efficient while creating less stress and work for the staff team and PD, but my smol brain can't work anything out right now. Would be cool to hear @Brox's input on things.