Let’s discuss scripted jobs.

JaycoXO

I believe claims that the trashman job isn't interactive and should be axed or something are rooted in ignorance and vitriol.

The trashman job can easily "promote interaction" if you make it mandatory to do it with 2 players or more (the trucks can fit 1 driver and 2 passengers).

As it stands, there's plenty to roleplay with; the trucks are antiquated and by themselves are a conversation piece that could fuel hours of angry IC ranting.

The dynamic of stopping by to pick up trash provides ample opportunities to not be a trash collecting drone from the future, and instead interact with whoever happens to be nearby.

Some checkpoints have you go straight inside impoverished complexes, which can create interesting situations, especially when law enforcement is involved.

I can't speak to other jobs, but the trashman job specifically has potential to actually be fun and create relationships between characters, it simply requires a little effort from the players themselves. Like any other RP situation. The income it gives if you are 2 or 3 in one truck is nothing to sneeze at either. When I was active, the main problem it had related to the script not allowing you to pick trash at all for days at a time.

In the end, me and a solid core of about 4 to 5 players did the job not for the money but because it was a fairly fun experience that allowed the existence of some pretty interesting characters. We didn't grind it. Doing two to three roleplayed runs could provide you with plenty of game time, and you'd want to log off and do something else with your day after that.

The garbage job is a poster child for good, emergent-gameplay script jobs.

Picking up trash in GTAW is no less interactive than putting out fires.

Edited by arrdef
  • Upvote 1

1. Not all factions pay's good, I have been member of a transportation faction with only rp action possible, taxi or buss transport.
my income was exactly as with NO faction.
So please don't point on the faction to be the saving choise.

2. When salary si 800 from where you cut 250 avarage rent, you onlt have 600 left to live 60 minutes, well, a beer si 100 tipical entrace to a bar is 300.....

3. Fines, a stadard speed fine or parking fine is 2500!!!!!! 5 pay checks, or if you are a courier on it early transports where you make around 450$/transport that take around 15minutes if you roll play... it take you more than 60 minutes to hard rollplay or 30 to just ignore the RP to just pay the fine for bad parking...and that is not ok, the fine should not be a pain to pay... and when you work 1H to pay or 5 salaries... well that is just mood killing.

Take in consideration that not all the players have 6h+ daily to play, and think how much of that time you want them to produce money, and how much should the RP (life after work).

4. Buying properties are just burning money, really...if your computer is dead for 2 weeks you lose the house and it is imposible to ask for the money when you come back... so.. why not just renting 4 life? beside personal changes to the interior there is no real reason to pay for a house...
and yes that will kill the RP on this side...(I did lost 170k this way) not complaing just a headup.

5. Another thing... if you rent the house there should be a limit of characters that can rent that house... it is far away of reality to rent to 100 players... really where do they sleep there?? ? to be close to the reality you might rent the number of character equal with the number of bedrooms from that house/appartment. 

Some of these points should be easy to implement ( 3, 4 and 5 )

P.S. If we have factions that pay 55k while we had(not having anymore) factions that payed 0.5k .... then we really really have a problem here. A trucker or a garbage man how many hours should play to make that amount of money with the correct RP? this differences are not ok... really...

Look I'd really think the trashman job has to be owned by soeone that's willing to put effort into that. Like me into trucking. Because that's the only way to make things work. I'll suggest something by editing this message in a few.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:54 PM, Henning said:

The only script jobs should be 24/7’s, gas stations, Liquor stores and tattoo shops.

Those are the only jobs where I believe you get quality development for your character WHILE your working. Your actually interacting with other characters and developing relationships.

This. As for current other script-grind jobs, maybe some sort of diminishing daily returns should be implemented to minimize it at least. This is heavy roleplay server where development and characters matter, not ooc cash. But I do agree that u need ooc cash to facilitate roleplay and so on.