Let’s discuss scripted jobs.

JaycoXO

8 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

But this money isn't IC anyway.

X faction pays you 44,000$ a week but this isn't IC money or else everyone would be able to afford sports cars. So what's the point of ''joining a faction for money'' if those factions won't actually allow you to use that money?

This server has an issue where money is seen as both IC and OOC at the same time. People can rob you for 5000$ but at the same time you're not really allowed to roleplay the money you make from jobs.

So joining a faction that requires you to do literally nothing but roleplay pays you a ridiculous amount of disposable income.
54b01cbb1d7f4b70f1be0e0a6c03bdb6.png

That's fine, but then why is it that civilians don't have the same disposable income reward for roleplaying? Basically this system forces people to join official factions, leading to the destruction of individual creativity because people either need to join the government or subsequent subscribers of the government or grind a script job that is 1) not engaging, 2) boring, 3) takes out out of the roleplay and 4) is no fun what-so-ever.

58 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

But this money isn't IC anyway.

X faction pays you 44,000$ a week but this isn't IC money or else everyone would be able to afford sports cars. So what's the point of ''joining a faction for money'' if those factions won't actually allow you to use that money?

This server has an issue where money is seen as both IC and OOC at the same time. People can rob you for 5000$ but at the same time you're not really allowed to roleplay the money you make from jobs.

I don’t really understand your view on money so I can’t say it makes sense to say that faction money isn’t in-character, it’s just how you handle it.

People in factions with decent pay don’t resort to buying sport cars or multiple penthouses because it doesn’t line up with their character’s development. Most are able to see this and some need a little nudge from faction management. If you’re not in a faction and you’re grinding trucking, it won’t be factions that’ll talk to you about your portrayal of a believable character, it’d be staff that handle quality of roleplay.

1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

That's fine, but then why is it that civilians don't have the same disposable income reward for roleplaying? Basically this system forces people to join official factions

My issue is different, it's that all this money is OOC. I can have 1 million $ script wise, as a Taxi driver if I drive a sports car I'm probably gonna get reported.

So why do we have to work hard for OOC money?

43 minutes ago, Law said:

it won’t be factions that’ll talk to you about your portrayal of a believable character, it’d be staff that handle quality of roleplay.

So why doesn't everyone start with limitless money then? If the money you're getting isn't IC anyway, why is there the artificial need to grind?

Say I want to play a really rich person, the 200K you start with is not enough to start a business, have a car and a house. You'll need to grind XYZ hours in order to even BEGIN playing that rich person.

1 hour ago, Law said:

I don’t really understand your view on money so I can’t say it makes sense to say that faction money isn’t in-character, it’s just how you handle it.

People in factions with decent pay don’t resort to buying sport cars or multiple penthouses because it doesn’t line up with their character’s development. Most are able to see this and some need a little nudge from faction management. If you’re not in a faction and you’re grinding trucking, it won’t be factions that’ll talk to you about your portrayal of a believable character, it’d be staff that handle quality of roleplay.

What is money used for? 

1. Procurement of basic assets
    - Vehicles
    - Property
    - Maintenance
    - Supporting misc. items (i.e. phones)
    - Expenses
  2. Luxury goods
    - Items not essential to one's character portrayal
  3. Transactions between players (excluding basic assets)
    - Drugs
    - Guns
    - Services

You could probably add to that list. You get $200,000 starting funds over a x hour period. Most use that money for their basic assets. They get a car, and maybe a property. Then they start roleplaying, but are left with $500-$800 every hour. A player spends more in transactional roleplay than they do making roleplay passively, so in order to participate with the roleplay they need to procure money. They do this by leaving the roleplay and doing script jobs. Thus the economy removes you from the roleplay in order to be able to roleplay. It makes no sense. 

30 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

My issue is different, it's that all this money is OOC. I can have 1 million $ script wise, as a Taxi driver if I drive a sports car I'm probably gonna get reported.

So why do we have to work hard for OOC money?

You're separating money from the roleplay, this is part of the problem and a product of the current system. Money shouldn't be a separate thing from the server, the economy shouldn't be OOC. It should be IC and it should facilitate roleplay. If it doesn't, what's the point of having money? These issues will only grow until  you reach a point where you're using spit and duct tape to fix symptoms, and thus worsening the system. Right now you spend hours and hours making money, that's money you don't want to spend on transactional roleplay because of the inherent value that money has gotten due to the time and effort you spent getting it. This hurts the roleplay and hurts service oriented businesses and jobs for players, thus taking away roleplay from them. This hurts the ciminal economy as well for the same reasons. 

Edited by eTaylor
typo*

Players should be taking jobs their characters would do. It’s not about money. Money should be an afterthought to the roleplay. We are telling stories, not playing second life simulator and slaving away to become millionaires.

Yes, maybe trash job should be a rework like trucking where a business will generate trash as it operates and if it has to much trash it won’t be able to keep operating until a trash truck driver takes it away. And fishing will probably get it’s rework once Rage updates. 

11 minutes ago, Redharry said:

Players should be taking jobs their characters would do. It’s not about money. Money should be an afterthought to the roleplay. We are telling stories, not playing second life simulator and slaving away to become millionaires.

Yes, maybe trash job should be a rework like trucking where a business will generate trash as it operates and if it has to much trash it won’t be able to keep operating until a trash truck driver takes it away. And fishing will probably get it’s rework once Rage updates. 

People should be getting disposable money with their paycheck, an amount enough to support the service economy that facilitates roleplay and boost that same economy to provide more of that roleplay. I shouldn't have to rely on a script job period. They should only be there to generate a bit of extra cash. My criminal characters are dirt poor, and I portray them as such. I have a lot of money on those accounts to serve as disposable income to facilitate roleplay and enjoy the limited service economy that exists. However those reserves deplete by simply playing, (entrance fees, fines, basic necessities). I am therefore forced to leave the roleplay and partake in limited script jobs that make no sense. None of them pay a reasonable amount except for the one heavily abused. And even that takes an entire day and is subject for change in the future, taking away even more ability to maintain that reserve resulting in more hours spend doing a script job nobody wants to do, instead of roleplaying - something people join the server for. 

The only script jobs should be 24/7’s, gas stations, Liquor stores and tattoo shops.

Those are the only jobs where I believe you get quality development for your character WHILE your working. Your actually interacting with other characters and developing relationships.

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, Henning said:

The only script jobs should be 24/7’s, gas stations, Liquor stores and tattoo shops.

Those are the only jobs where I believe you get quality development for your character WHILE your working. Your actually interacting with other characters and developing relationships.

Advanced issues found

2 hours ago, eTaylor said:

People should be getting disposable money with their paycheck, an amount enough to support the service economy that facilitates roleplay and boost that same economy to provide more of that roleplay. I shouldn't have to rely on a script job period. They should only be there to generate a bit of extra cash. My criminal characters are dirt poor, and I portray them as such. I have a lot of money on those accounts to serve as disposable income to facilitate roleplay and enjoy the limited service economy that exists. However those reserves deplete by simply playing, (entrance fees, fines, basic necessities). I am therefore forced to leave the roleplay and partake in limited script jobs that make no sense. None of them pay a reasonable amount except for the one heavily abused. And even that takes an entire day and is subject for change in the future, taking away even more ability to maintain that reserve resulting in more hours spend doing a script job nobody wants to do, instead of roleplaying - something people join the server for. 

THIS. 

I recently realized that my criminal character doesn't make nearly enough money selling narcotics to sustain himself. I thought about doing the garbage or trucking jobs, but it just didn't make any sense as my character is a member of an African-American gang, and he spends his time selling drugs in the hood.