Let’s discuss scripted jobs.

JaycoXO

Currently as far as I know, there are one main job called Trucking (also referred to as Courier). This job has a decent payout, and a fair combination between the interactions to payout ratio. Meaning you do some interactions (besides from driving) and you get some good money. The more you do the job, the better the money.

On the other hand, since the past few weeks we had seen an influx of new truckers - rushing to work and collect some hard earned money. This influx created close to none job, if you get on the wrong time of the server you might get 1-2 trucking offers with 6+KM on them. 

Regarding other side-jobs;

The trash job is easily the hardest one, you make many interactions during each run, and the money is bad compared to the amount of work you got to put in.

Fishing is nice, but it has a hard cap on it. Meaning even if you enjoy fishing, you won’t get more than ~2k for every 15-25 mins. 

And I heard a rumour about another mysterious job called the Taxi driver but let’s not get in there. 

My suggestions:

Create more (at least 2) scripted jobs. Make them server reliant - meaning just like trucking it has things to do with other players. (eco system)

Improve upon fishing, stop cock blocking the fishermen and women just because you afraid they make some money that way. It’s a game after all - we need to have some fun.

Either cut the amount of trash needed for a full trash run. Or increase the payout.

Remove the ability to work as a rent Trucker. Yes it will create monopoly over Trucking, but that’s the best we can do to lower the amount of truckers.

Please discuss.

Fishing is limited now because of how the system was being abused, there is no "Cock blocking" Involved. This is a roleplay server where you are expected to have reasonable character development. We cannot use boats for fishing yet as RAGEMP does not currently allow us to make use of the anchor command.

The trash job does need a rework, yes. 

Rent trucking exists for new players to be able to start out, they don't get the full payout to make trucking companies an attractive prospect. Anyone Rping as a trucker who only uses rented vehicles is nothing more than a part time Courier.

There is also the ability to work in stores, brew alcohol and as you said, drive taxis, a job that does need some tweaks that have been suggested in the suggestion section, demand is hard to create here as players need to want to use a taxi.

8 minutes ago, Syrike said:

Fishing is limited now because of how the system was being abused, there is no "Cock blocking" Involved. This is a roleplay server where you are expected to have reasonable character development. We cannot use boats for fishing yet as RAGEMP does not currently allow us to make use of the anchor command.

Rent trucking exists for new players to be able to start out, they don't get the full payout to make trucking companies an attractive prospect. Anyone Rping as a trucker who only uses rented vehicles is nothing more than a part time Courier.

There is also the ability to work in stores, brew alcohol and as you said, drive taxis, a job that does need some tweaks that have been suggested in the suggestion section, demand is hard to create here as players need to want to use a taxi.

I appreciate your opinion. Regarding fishing - I never said I expected fishing to make you a millionaire. All I said is to improve upon the system. You don’t need a boat to make it fun. Add more fish, create a fishing store to buy better rods, backpacks and bait. That’s having fun.

11 minutes ago, Syrike said:

This is a roleplay server where you are expected to have reasonable character development.

Except everyone starts with no money, and it makes no sense for my Doctor character to fish. And you can't open a business without money, so you need to fish.

Chicken, egg.

• Upvote 1

In the past, some old and uncapped scripted jobs caused an imbalance in economy. I also don’t think removing the money cap for scripted jobs makes the server more fun, if you want to earn more, join an established faction/business.

Each to their own but I’d rather see competition within a job than have a monopoly. That’s just my opinion though and I hope some other replies change your view on the topic.

I do think that maybe another scripted job could be added for variety but it shouldn’t be a money bed, more so for roleplay. An example being a bank teller which was planned at one point. It’d be simple social roleplay for characters who want money but are too educated to be tossing crates or bin bags into the back of trucks.

2 minutes ago, Law said:

In the past, some old and uncapped scripted jobs caused an imbalance in economy. I also don’t think removing the money cap for scripted jobs makes the server more fun, if you want to earn more, join an established faction/business.

Each to their own but I’d rather see competition within a job than have a monopoly. That’s just my opinion though and I hope some other replies change your view on the topic.

I do think that maybe another scripted job could be added for variety but it shouldn’t be a money bed, more so for roleplay. An example being a bank teller which was planned at one point. It’d be simple social roleplay for characters who want money but are too educated to be tossing crates or bin bags into the back of trucks.

I’ve heard the same opinion from my good friend. He too believe that money should be spread through IC jobs. Yet I argued that some people play in morning times where finding someone to RP with is very rare. So their only true option is to work scripted.

31 minutes ago, Syrike said:

Bullshit. These are systems implemented by people who don't really model their economic decisions. 

Fact: Grinding RPG jobs take you away from the RP.

Fact: Nobody grinds the jobs because they want to.

You should keep sidejobs around as an avenue for people to have optional income when they need extra money, but don't make people dependent on using these jobs to roleplay. Give people disposable income that they don't have to grind for via higher paychecks, and focus on a player service economy and not a scripted RPG minigame economy. More disposable income, less grinding would increase demands for more player service jobs and more roleplay. If your economy on a roleplay server isn't supporting roleplay but instead taking people away from the roleplay. You're doing something wrong.

Edited by eTaylor
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, JaycoXO said:

Thanks for everyone participating, lets continue this thread.

Why is the economy not designed to facilitate roleplay, but instead to take away roleplay? While I understand that this economy makes sense written in some design thread, it doesn't when applied to people. Why doesn't the economy develop and adapt to what's actually happening and how people exist within the system? The current economy is a static disconnected vision of what it should be like, instead of what it actually is - and it's not working. 

Edited by eTaylor
typo*
2 hours ago, Law said:

if you want to earn more, join an established faction/business.

But this money isn't IC anyway.

X faction pays you 44,000$ a week but this isn't IC money or else everyone would be able to afford sports cars. So what's the point of ''joining a faction for money'' if those factions won't actually allow you to use that money?

This server has an issue where money is seen as both IC and OOC at the same time. People can rob you for 5000$ but at the same time you're not really allowed to roleplay the money you make from jobs.