/niners Dispatch System Upgrade

Brett

This is just something I'm toying with in my mind, and it concerns dispatching. Now dispatching as we all should realize isn't the best due to the numerous problems the game gives us logistically to be able to properly coordinate units, 911 calls, or even properly get us all appropriate information due to the automation and there isn't much we could do in regards to that. However, there is something I think could be submitted as a script suggestion to help make our lives in responding to calls a bit better. The /niners script right now allows for us to get automatic GPS coordinates to a call for us to respond, meaning it must be attached to the call itself by the script in order to properly gain the details and time it was submitted similar to how it looks on the MDC emergency call pad. What I'm thinking is, what if this was expanded to allow for two options? One option is the GPS location of the call, and the other option is the ability to set yourself on response to the call? I shall give an example in a step by step of how I'm imagining it.

• You open /niners as normal and it lists the 911 calls, with an assigned ID.
  • You click on the 911 call like normal that you wish to go to, but instead of auto just adding the GPS, it gives you two options. One labelled "Response." The other labelled "Location Tracker." If you click location tracker, it simply gives you the GPS location like normal. But if you would like to respond to the call you would click the "Response," button.
  • After clicking the "Response," button. You would be provided a list of all currently assigned officers/deputies going to the call. They would be marked like such for example: [SD] Jason Gordon
  • By being able to see who is responding, you are able to assign yourself to the call if you wish to respond by clicking another box that says "Request Respond," which will ask if you are sure that you wish to be assigned to the call. And boom, you will be added onto the list of people responding.

The benefit of this, is allowing for both PD, FD, and SD to be able to get a list of responding officers/deputies/ems/firefighters onto a scene. So that way, take for example we have a call in like Mirror Park. And you have like 10 PD on, and maybe like 4 SD, and 6 Fire. As it's Mirror Park, we in SD may believe PD is already handling the situation and thus may decide not to respond since we know they have units. But we have upon multiple occassions (And PD has done this to SD too), responded to situations even just to drive by them to see that nobody responded at all and that brings a disservice toward everyone. And so, it would be easy to have the script, because people could actually see if anyone at all is responding to a call. Before physically having to drive from wherever they are from to the scene just to visibly check if someone handled. Just a huge quality of life improvement, that I'm told is a rather easy thing to do scriptwise. 

Edit: One other thing. That response option when you click the ability to respond, should also have an option to take you off of it if you cancel your response to it for any reason (Such as realizing another agency has it fully covered, and thus you responding is rather unnecessary unless they directly call you.) Forgot to add this on, but yea. 

Edit 2: As per a reply, I would add this. I would be completely for even making it 3 options rather then 2. One for GPS, one for setting yourself on or off response, and one simply listing the responders themselves. That would work too and still be fully in line with the suggestion. My outlined way was just a proposed way of it being done, and is open to continued refining. Just wanted to put this at the top as well to expand. 

Edited by Brett
  • Upvote 5

My only issue with this is probably the fact that instead of 8 FD, the only one who’ll be pressing response is the driver, and not the three other firefighters in a truck.

But that’s so minor its not an issue considering FD keeps track of its units anyways. 

Good suggestion.

Just now, KinnyWynny said:

My only issue with this is probably the fact that instead of 8 FD, the only one who’ll be pressing response is the driver, and not the three other firefighters in a truck.

But that’s so minor its not an issue considering FD keeps track of its units anyways. 

Good suggestion.

That's absolutely fine. As long as there is some agency marked on response, not every individual has to click it. It can be done by car if you're partnered or whatever and it would be acceptable to me. I would even prefer it be internally done by car, so if you're patrolling or responding on one callsign for either department, only the driver should do it and treat it like "Okay 1 Unit is responding, or 2 Units is responding," even if those 2 Units are comprised of 4 People. But that is stuff the factions internally can decide, so long as the option is available via script. 

Edited by Brett
  • Upvote 1

@Brett

Perhaps it should be having three options, as "RESPOND" will mark you as responding.

Instead, there should be a third option that allows you to just see how many units are responding from the said agencies without having a need to cancel response and such. I think I'd like it that way instead.

This is the only thing I have to add. I love everything else.

5 minutes ago, Adero said:

@Brett

Perhaps it should be having three options, as "RESPOND" will mark you as responding.

Instead, there should be a third option that allows you to just see how many units are responding from the said agencies without having a need to cancel response and such. I think I'd like it that way instead.

This is the only thing I have to add. I love everything else.

Fair opinion. I think the cancel response should be there simply because, more units could assign themselves at any time and at any point that could change, like if you get a 998 (All units respond, Shots Fired) or something which would put all other calls on non-priority. A lot could happen that could justify cancelling a response, and that is the only reason I think it should be there. But I certainly wouldn't mind doing three options with one being a list, the other being a response option to either place you on response or off the response if you need to cancel, and your standard GPS option.

Edited by Brett