Realistic Legal and Illegal RP

Copacetic

I'm going to be honest, I have not read the entirety of the thread simply because there are a ton of replies.

A trend that I see myself is that whenever a video is posted on a Discord server about a shooting/incident/situation where people were involved and there were actions that were questionable, there are literally people replying with telling people to report them, then start to bash the people involved and call them out. Behaviour like this, while I do get it to an extent, should be avoided. What's the point in starting to bash and name out select people on the server for their actions. 

There's a big distance between the legal role players and the illegal and I do believe that the example above is one way where it is certainly only distancing itself. There's no point in whining about situations in a closed-off Discord server. If you don't agree with it, report it or approach the party and try to figure it out. Name-calling and making accusations is not going to better the relationship. (The Discord servers I'm talking about are official GTAW Discords, not private ones by people.)

I myself, as Sergi has pointed in this thread, avoid any areas in the south of Los Santos if there is a lot of activity going on. Both me and Sergi do parole enforcement and we've been avoiding the areas of South Los Santos during the night time if we needed to do a check-up. 

Community policing is something that is very high on my list and I try to project that to all of the people I also interact with in the faction. It's fun, interactive and rewarding if you do it right. Anno 2020, this should be one of the major focusing points of law enforcement factions, not only for a certain division but for the entirety of the department. 

Regarding Teamspeak 3 usage; all I can say as a supervisor with the LSSD is that the usage of Teamspeak is at an all time low for in-character communications. Pursuits and shots fired situations are only taken to an IC communication channel, everything else is dealt with in-game over the radio scripts. If a pursuit come to a halt or if the threat in a shots fired situation is down, the channel is cleared as soon as possible and communication continues over the in-game script. Rule of thumb is that if you can write it in-game, you should. This is something monitored very, very closely by its supervisors and people who abuse this, are spoken to. 

Let's not beat around the bush, there are still individuals in factions that are showcasing the wrong behaviour but it is up to the faction leaders and their supervising teams to take action and weed them out. 

Edited by Tseard
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Henning said:

I’m referencing this press release: 

the assets seized included more ammunition then weapon suppliers receive in a month, more carbine rifles then weapon suppliers receive in a month and a good amount of drugs.

first and foremost, in my personal opinion the comment was made entirely as an OOC jab. The player raided ended up getting banned after MGing the raid. Regardless, what law enforcement agency is going to significantly downplay a W as a “powerful idiot not on our radar” IDC if he was on your radar or not, you’d NEVER downplay that, if anything you’d play it up.

This just feeds into the never ending narrative that PD has dropped the ball as a faction and presents the most significant danger to the servers health out over every faction out here, you can’t even put out a professional press release!

The LSPD is perfectly capable of writing a press release. You should read the hundreds we put out prior to this one. I'm sure you're not mentioning those because that wouldn't feed your narrative.

When you're done making baseless assumptions against my faction, maybe we can continue this conversation like adults.

Edited by Big_Smokes
  • Applaud 1
11 minutes ago, Big_Smokes said:

The LSPD is perfectly capable of writing a press release. You should read the hundreds we put out prior to this one. I'm sure you're not mentioning those because that wouldn't feed your narrative.

When you're done making baseless assumptions against my faction, maybe we can continue this conversation like adults.

You mean the press releases about your new assets or changes in the non emergency line? 

The last press release with information even relevant to operations was in October, 20th 2019.  I’m not mentioning the others because they don’t pertain to the subject at hand which is investigation. 

This thread is about explaining the situation from the other half’s POV so when your ready to come down from your high tower and experience the play to win, Us vs them attitude  that your faction gives the rest of us on a daily basis. I would gladly show you what the rest of us are experiencing. Maybe then we can talk about it like adults. 

At least the LSSD actually gives a shit about the RP they provide, can’t say the same for the LSPD it seems. Your people are way too focused on winning to do that. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Henning said:

You mean the press releases about your new assets or changes in the non emergency line? 

The last press release with information even relevant to operations was in October, 20th 2019.  I’m not mentioning the others because they don’t pertain to the subject at hand which is investigation. 

This thread is about explaining the situation from the other half’s POV so when your ready to come down from your high tower and experience the play to win, Us vs them attitude  that your faction gives the rest of us on a daily basis. I would gladly show you what the rest of us are experiencing. Maybe then we can talk about it like adults. 

At least the LSSD actually gives a shit about the RP they provide, can’t say the same for the LSPD it seems. Your people are way too focused on winning to do that. 

The LSPD's most recent (and very public, I might add) efforts have been to tackle these concerns. You know this because I've told you this both in private on discord and on the forum in the LSPD & you thread. I've got no high horse to get off of, I'm a player just like you and approach our issues that way. But regurgitating the same information on the forums just to be an adversary doesn't help anyone. You should know more then most that I do care about that POV, else I would've never taken the time to reply to you in private after some of the things you've said about my faction in public.

Anyway, that being said, I'm always open to constructive criticism / feedback. Thanks for writing up the thread @Copacetic, it's been an interesting read. I hope we can take some ideas from this and run with them.

Edited by Big_Smokes
9 minutes ago, Davis Felon said:

Cops are literally saying their is an increase in murderrate and it's OOC? Lol.

If you read the thread you'd realize no one is actually saying the increased murder rate is OOC. The increased presence of Police in these areas because of all the murders is being taken more OOC because it's "cops camping the hood unrealistically". 

Reading is important. 

4 hours ago, Tseard said:

Community policing is something that is very high on my list and I try to project that to all of the people I also interact with in the faction. It's fun, interactive and rewarding if you do it right. Anno 2020, this should be one of the major focusing points of law enforcement factions, not only for a certain division but for the entirety of the department.

I know you are LSSD, but I wonder what ever happened to that community policing LSPD used to do. As far as I remember it was @Cascade @lambchops going around on bicycles thru out the city, doing just that. Sure it was awkward at first, but it did bring a closer sense of police that cares about the community it is policing, no idea why it was scrapped so soon.

19 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

I know you are LSSD, but I wonder what ever happened to that community policing LSPD used to do. As far as I remember it was @Cascade @lambchops going around on bicycles thru out the city, doing just that. Sure it was awkward at first, but it did bring a closer sense of police that cares about the community it is policing, no idea why it was scrapped so soon.

That's not something I can answer since I am not in the LSPD.

Due to the sheer amount of complaints coming in about this topic I am unfortunately going to have to lock it for moderation. 

It's clear that criminal roleplayers have an issue with PD, and that PD have an issue with criminal roleplayers. It is only going to improve if the US vs THEM attitudes stop, so conversations can remain constructive and on point.

And no @pateuvasiliu, comments so far haven't been left because of a donator tag. Sometimes people have different opinions to you and that's OK, that doesn't mean that every such comment should be dealt with as per your specification.

Edited by Cara
  • Upvote 2
  • Cara locked this topic