Realistic Legal and Illegal RP

Copacetic

1 hour ago, owen said:

Remember that your character isn't a gang-ban 24/7, 365 days — they have families, commitments, relationship issues, personalities and traits and so much more. Make a character that feels, acts and seems real to anyone you're around, make people believe there's substance in the background of your characters (even if there isnt) and you will enjoy your time much, much more. 

I feel like calling out specifically gang banger's is kinda ignoring PD's problem with the exact same thing. Your right that every character shouldn't be one dimensional however from my experience as a "Gang-banger", PD doesn't even treat us like what your describing even though many gang-bangers are doing internal RP on the regular. With barely any end users for drugs, what do you think people are doing standing in the yard in front of the trap? They are doing internal RP.

Now of course as criminals, when there's a cop watching you every second waiting for the chance to converge on your group, Your gonna be sussed. When we see that shit we aren't gonna keep on doing our own thing, we're gonna be sketched out. We'll probably stop whatever we're doing to figure out why the cops are watching us. As stated previously, if you want to see more internal RP and development, you need give these players room to breathe, factions need to be able to workout who's on top on the south side, we need to be able to drop some bodies and see who establishes control in what areas. But not many factions have got that chance with PD breathing down their neck all the time.

Now I understand this means taking a step back OOCly more then it does ICly, it is is realistic for PD to ramp up patrols in that area. However just because it's 100% realistic doesn't mean it isn't ruining it for the rest of us. LS is a miniature version of LA so while having thirteen cops on duty in Compton is reasonable IRL, on the server it puts a cop within' eyesight of every faction and ever corner in South Central. Completely squashing so much possible development that PD it's self like to point out as lacking. It's lacking because you breath down our necks.

5 minutes ago, Henning said:

Now I understand this means taking a step back OOCly more then it does ICly, it is is realistic for PD to ramp up patrols in that area. However just because it's 100% realistic doesn't mean it isn't ruining it for the rest of us. LS is a miniature version of LA so while having thirteen cops on duty in Compton is reasonable IRL, on the server it puts a cop within' eyesight of every faction and ever corner in South Central. Completely squashing so much possible development that PD it's self like to point out as lacking. It's lacking because you breath down our necks.

Genuine question. Do you expect members of Law Enforcement Agencies to ignore the excessive amount of dead bodies that show up on a consistent basis? I've been playing this server for a while now and genuinely speaking, with in the past week or so, the amount of homicide related incidents in these areas happen at an alarming rate. It forces the Police and Sheriffs to stay in these areas since we can't just go around ignoring all these corpses. 

I've roleplayed as a gang member in these areas a few months back. The shootings were not as frequent as they are now, development was good for a lot of people but now it seems like South Central is just corpse simulator 2020. So how do you want LEO factions to react to these developments at a reasonable level? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jedai said:

Genuine question. Do you expect members of Law Enforcement Agencies to ignore the excessive amount of dead bodies that show up on a consistent basis? I've been playing this server for a while now and genuinely speaking, with in the past week or so, the amount of homicide related incidents in these areas happen at an alarming rate. It forces the Police and Sheriffs to stay in these areas since we can't just go around ignoring all these corpses.  

I've roleplayed as a gang member in these areas a few months back. The shootings were not as frequent as they are now, development was good for a lot of people but now it seems like South Central is just corpse simulator 2020. So how do you want LEO factions to react to these developments at a reasonable level? 

To put it into another perspective. Last week we had 36 shooting calls over the course of three days, with dozens of victims that completely overwhelmed Fire Department personnel at night.

They were all in the same three neighborhoods, Brouge, Grove, and Forum.

Ain't that a little unreasonable?

3 hours ago, Jedai said:

Like I stated before I understand that it’s not entirely unrealistic however it’s war on the south side, Sureno Vs. Jamestown, Black Vs. Sureno in grove and parts of Davis (Areas that are traditionally black). As long as PD is breathing down people’s throats, these conflicts are going to be prolonged without an ending in sight because anybody who DOES secures their position on the south side still gets their shit fucked up by PD regularly. 

So while in the past new groups popping up were somewhat policed by the existing factions, the existing factions are dealing with PD 24/7 meaning these new groups build up, think they can stand up to the existing factions, get shot down and the cycle continues.

32 minutes ago, Chef said:

Why does the crime rate and homicide rate always have to be part of some OOC plot? There's an IC reason that South Central is a fucking warzone lately. Maybe someone should INVESTIGATE.

But then you get the complaint of the Police Department breathing down people's necks when a good portion of investigation and effectively enforcement is being in these areas, talking to people via community policing to get an idea of what's going on and using Police presence to stop such incidents from occurring. Regardless I agree with your statement. 

1 hour ago, Henning said:

Like I stated before I understand that it’s not entirely unrealistic however it’s war on the south side, Sureno Vs. Jamestown, Black Vs. Sureno in grove and parts of Davis (Areas that are traditionally black). As long as PD is breathing down people’s throats, these conflicts are going to be prolonged without an ending in sight because anybody who DOES secures their position on the south side still gets their shit fucked up by PD regularly. 

I mean that goes back to the point of, you can't really expect cops to ignore these events happening and effectively crack down on people. It can't really be the wild west all the time. As violence subsides, Police presence loosens. It's an eb and a flow.

9 minutes ago, Jedai said:

But then you get the complaint of the Police Department breathing down people's necks when a good portion of investigation and effectively enforcement is being in these areas, talking to people via community policing to get an idea of what's going on and using Police presence to stop such incidents from occurring. Regardless I agree with your statement. 

I mean that goes back to the point of, you can't really expect cops to ignore these events happening and effectively crack down on people. It can't really be the wild west all the time. As violence subsides, Police presence loosens. It's an eb and a flow.

There’s a different between quality investigation RP that aims to bring down criminal factions and raiding someone’s house just to call them an idiot who wasn’t on your radar in your press release.

Investigation’s are performed by detectives and under-covers not beat cops sitting just out of nameplate distance waiting for the next shooting or someone to run a red light so they can pull them out and search them.

Just now, Henning said:

There’s a different between quality investigation RP that aims to bring down criminal factions and raiding someone’s house just to call them an idiot who wasn’t on your radar in your press release.

Investigation’s are performed by detectives and under-covers not beat cops sitting just out of nameplate distance waiting for the next shooting or someone to run a red light so they can pull them out and search them.

I think being a faction leader in the PD for as long as I was, I'm aware of how an investigation works and what it entails. The main point is, this isn't a 1 one way street. Investigations by Detectives eventually lead to Enforcement from gang officers and basic patrol officers. Certain levels of criminal activity will have Metro knocking on your doors. 

I'm not in PD anymore to argue the semantics of bad press release titles but I can assure you that one bad title doesn't suddenly mean that Detectives aren't investigating people and just performing raids just for press. That'd be silly to think. 

45 minutes ago, Jedai said:

I think being a faction leader in the PD for as long as I was, I'm aware of how an investigation works and what it entails. The main point is, this isn't a 1 one way street. Investigations by Detectives eventually lead to Enforcement from gang officers and basic patrol officers. Certain levels of criminal activity will have Metro knocking on your doors. 

I'm not in PD anymore to argue the semantics of bad press release titles but I can assure you that one bad title doesn't suddenly mean that Detectives aren't investigating people and just performing raids just for press. That'd be silly to think. 

I’m referencing this press release: 

the assets seized included more ammunition then weapon suppliers receive in a month, more carbine rifles then weapon suppliers receive in a month and a good amount of drugs.

first and foremost, in my personal opinion the comment was made entirely as an OOC jab. The player raided ended up getting banned after MGing the raid. Regardless, what law enforcement agency is going to significantly downplay a W as a “powerful idiot not on our radar” IDC if he was on your radar or not, you’d NEVER downplay that, if anything you’d play it up.

This just feeds into the never ending narrative that PD has dropped the ball as a faction and presents the most significant danger to the servers health out over every faction out here, you can’t even put out a professional press release!

It’s frustrating because I don’t know a single Illegal RPer who DOESNT want to see PD succeed in proper investigations, a good PD faction gives every illegal faction a quality adversary and this PD has dropped the ball.

It’s a shame, for a long time I had faith in PD, I thought leadership was making strides to make it a better faction and weed out the bad apples. But after the bullshit I experienced last night and other abysmal experiences this week? I only have one suggestion as this thread asks.

PD Command needs to re-evaluated, removed and replaced if necessary, Teamspeak needs to be scrapped entirely and education on Southern California specific gangs and criminal enterprise need to be introduced into PD training.

either we all play by the same rules or this continues to cause massive issues for the server. Period.

• Cara locked this topic