Realistic Legal and Illegal RP

Copacetic

25 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

If there's nothing going on and you have shots fired and people being injured why in the world wouldn't they respond with a lot of patrol cars?

Nobody said if people are getting shot and a major incident is taking place that several units can't respond. What I'm saying is, no need to over saturate a situation that doesn't call for it. Police rpers should be mindful that oversaturated scene can really suck for the criminal party involved. 

Edited by Copacetic
  • Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Copacetic said:

Police rpers should be mindful that oversaturated scene can really suck for the criminal party involved. 

No one's bringing 5 cruisers for a speeding ticket. If there's 4 units there's usually a violent incident or a big MVA. Perfectly realistic to deploy a lot of units.

Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

No one's bringing 5 cruisers for a speeding ticket. If there's 4 units there's usually a violent incident or a big MVA. Perfectly realistic to deploy a lot of units.

Nope. Police have called for backup of 6+ over a homeless man shoplifting once. And another situation PD pulled me over and i saw 4 other cars pull up behind me to assist the pulling over.

Im not sure if you’re uninformed, or if you’re just lying, but PD definently show up in too much numbers for the wrong things.

Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

I have personally experienced 3-4 extra units over my window tint. I've even had unit's show up after the call for no backup was sent, I don't know where your getting this "No one is doing this" idea from because PD have been doing this shit for a long time.

PD cruise through the south LS every 2 mins, and they even used to camp on forum drive when i used to rp there. Like legit just cut the engine and sit on the street waiting for a crime. 

As for robotic rp, that’s something Pd are VERY guilty of. Ive witnessed someone running from PD run through a crowd of people at a party, and PD just shot at them through the crowd. Also saw another scene where a PD shot at 6+ armed men without showing fear.

It is common for PD to talk in voice chat mid-way through shooting. This is pretty unrealistic as radios dont work like that. I think more rules should be made about how police are allowed to use voice chat

ahen speaking to other PD.

A big problem for PD is the robotic rp they do, doing anything to win with no consequence even if they die. Normal rpers worry intensely about situations because they will actually lose guns and might be cked by pd even, but a lot lf PD dont really seem to care about their characters well being. They shouldnt engage in gunfights so much. Real PD take cover and call for backup before even aiming their gun. 

Just now, Shekh said:

A big problem for PD is the robotic rp they do, doing anything to win with no consequence even if they die. Normal rpers worry intensely about situations because they will actually lose guns and might be cked by pd even, but a lot lf PD dont really seem to care about their characters well being. They shouldnt engage in gunfights so much. Real PD take cover and call for backup before even aiming their gun. 

We also have to deal with an incredible amount of scrutiny over everything we do while PD doesn't face NEARLY as much backlash because they are an "Essential" faction. 

If I break in to a house and fuck up somehow (Accidently MG, etc), I'm getting banned, if PD breaks into a house without a warrant or probably cause? That's an IC issue Which is complete bullshit because 1. We can only sue the LSPD for an OOCly restricted amount of money, 2. These are mistakes that should and would get someone severely reprimanded or in a lot of cases kicked entirely off the force.

How does one half of the server get slapped across the face anytime it fucks up yet the other half doesn't even get a slap on the wrist? At least from the rest of the communities POV.

I'm not even gonna dive into the fact that there are judges (Who are supposed to be impartial) Who have LEO characters and are in LEO factions, something I see as and seems to be an pretty apparent lapse in judgement. 

• Upvote 1

The big problem is with quite a bit of police officers on the server is they don’t roleplay a character as many other players on the server do. There is very little character development amongst most police officers and as many people have stated before, many of them act in a “robocop” type of way. You can tell this is prevalent when many 13-16 year old characters  are treated the exact same way as a 26 year old one.  Of course, this is not the case with all cops on the server. But I will confidently say that a lot of the time it’s hard to RP as a criminal on the server due to the fact that most of the time whenever you shoot at someone, a police cruiser will come rushing down the street within 10 seconds. 

I understand how areas like Davis and South Central are low income, high crime, and gang infested areas. But it’s simply unrealistic and frustrating when every single time you shoot someone your pretty much guaranteed to face the police immediately. I personally enjoy role playing a character in county jail, however, I can see why many people wouldn’t want to and it’s not the direction they want to take with their character. But with how the police operate in the “ghetto” areas, it’s hard to develop a gang character. 

Edited by The Professor

Problem is, and it's evident in all the posts, you're all acting PD vs illegal roleplay. There's just as many culprits of PG, MG, unrealistic etc on both sides. Yes, there's "robo-cops" but there's also illegal roleplayers who are screaming "Fuck twelve, police killa!" at passing cruisers and then complaining when they get police attention. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, The Professor said:

The big problem is with quite a bit of police officers on the server is they don’t roleplay a character as many other players on the server do. There is very little character development amongst most police officers and as many people have stated before, many of them act in a “robocop” type of way. You can tell this is prevalent when many 13-16 year old characters  are treated the exact same way as a 26 year old one.  Of course, this is not the case with all cops on the server. But I will confidently say that a lot of the time it’s hard to RP as a criminal on the server due to the fact that most of the time whenever you shoot at someone, a police cruiser will come rushing down the street within 10 seconds. 

I understand how areas like Davis and South Central are low income, high crime, and gang infested areas. But it’s simply unrealistic and frustrating when every single time you shoot someone your pretty much guaranteed to face the police immediately. I personally enjoy role playing a character in county jail, however, I can see why many people wouldn’t want to and it’s not the direction they want to take with their character. But with how the police operate in the “ghetto” areas, it’s hard to develop a gang character. 

You summed up all my thoughts tbh.

I hope this thread doesn’t get called faction bashing and get closed like many others in the past. It is just constructive critiscism.

A lot of people feel a divide in fairness and it causes tension between illegal and legal rpers. Especially the facts PD are more likely to report instead of talking to you, and they’re permitted to use voice-communications. And the fact they’re the only fac with infinite supply to weapons so they have nothing to lose in most situations, leaving them to rp robotically.

• Cara locked this topic