The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

Much props to the SD as a faction.

I RP'd on this server almost a year back and took months and months off when I came back I situated a new character in Blaine County and at the time the only LEO faction was PD and respectfully the country-side was a wasteland.. You couldn't walk down a road without getting chased by a car or someone running up with guns to rob you and it was happening multiple times a day to quite a few people in the area, on a OOC level this was really frustrating and it ceased as soon as the SD actually got up and running. 

I rarely go into the city due to my character and can easily say SD as a faction improved the general feel of the county and made it viable for a lot more players to come that direction to start up a faction or business.

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, Rastapasta said:

Much props to the SD as a faction.

I RP'd on this server almost a year back and took months and months off when I came back I situated a new character in Blaine County and at the time the only LEO faction was PD and respectfully the country-side was a wasteland.. You couldn't walk down a road without getting chased by a car or someone running up with guns to rob you and it was happening multiple times a day to quite a few people in the area, on a OOC level this was really frustrating and it ceased as soon as the SD actually got up and running. 

I rarely go into the city due to my character and can easily say SD as a faction improved the general feel of the county and made it viable for a lot more players to come that direction to start up a faction or business.

Thanks! Messages like this one make it worth it for sure.

• Upvote 1

Any chances for changes to solitary times to lower them by 50-75% of their current duration, I feel like Solitary confinement is more of an OOC punishment since there is literally nothing to do in SHU. It's cool for screenshots and character development but I feel like the duration might be way too long. Of course I see the other side that if someone is always getting into fights or into drama with inmates or CO's. But I still feel like 4 hours of SHU for fighting against another inmate is way too long. Thirty minutes should be plenty of time. I know that the time goes down offline, but I still feel like it's too much punishment. Thoughts?

Also, I feel like adding the options of getting tattoos in prison could be nice, as it's a VERY common and frequent thing that happens in real life prisons. Maybe only allow tattoos with black ink since coloured ink would be much harder to come by inside prison. Not sure how the money would work but that could just be taken from your commissary . Same for hair cuts and beards, I feel like it some inmates might decide to change their haircuts once inside.

12 hours ago, Mattkov said:

Any chances for changes to solitary times to lower them by 50-75% of their current duration, I feel like Solitary confinement is more of an OOC punishment since there is literally nothing to do in SHU. It's cool for screenshots and character development but I feel like the duration might be way too long. Of course I see the other side that if someone is always getting into fights or into drama with inmates or CO's. But I still feel like 4 hours of SHU for fighting against another inmate is way too long. Thirty minutes should be plenty of time. I know that the time goes down offline, but I still feel like it's too much punishment. Thoughts?

Also, I feel like adding the options of getting tattoos in prison could be nice, as it's a VERY common and frequent thing that happens in real life prisons. Maybe only allow tattoos with black ink since coloured ink would be much harder to come by inside prison. Not sure how the money would work but that could just be taken from your commissary . Same for hair cuts and beards, I feel like it some inmates might decide to change their haircuts once inside.

SHU times can never go beyond 24 hours, but generally we go with long times because we don't have an automatic release system right now. Either way, it becomes too cumbersome to have fights kick off every 30 minutes after someone is released from the SHU. The point of it is to cause people to be more tactical with their yard attacks and hits. 

Tattoos/haircuts/etc. customization is planned but that's something development needs to handle.

• 2 weeks later...

Great faction, great roleplayers, though during my week in County, I've seen this alot, most of the time, even. It's hard to develop characters, or do any other roleplay that includes CO's, if they're not present.

8NCf1hh.png

Edited by sage
On 4/10/2020 at 12:54 PM, sage said:

Great faction, great roleplayers, though during my week in County, I've seen this alot, most of the time, even. It's hard to develop characters, or do any other roleplay that includes CO's, if they're not present.

8NCf1hh.png

You bring up a good point. We definitely do our best to staff the jail as much as possible and have mandatory staffing levels depending on the level of inmates and according to optional self-reporting our members put between 8-11 hours per day in the jail. Now this is 11 hours total so it may be 11 people spending one hour or two people spending just over 5 so you may not see that coverage in your timezone. But we do do our best with our very limited faction size to ensure that the jail is staffed when inmates are IG and during peak time, but sometimes it's just not feasible. 

That being said, we're working closely with developers and mappers to bring in a plethora of new areas in the jail as well as shops etc to make sure that the jail has more to do both for inmates and deputies alike. Hopefully in the next few weeks / months we will bring our faction numbers up significantly to be able to staff the jail and bring in some of our proposed fixes / changes. 

• Upvote 3

So far so good. You guys have been fun to rp with. Maybe something that I like to see more, is that SD roleplays more around Paleto Bay SD-HQ. I've noticed majority of your staff starts they shift from County Jail, where I would prefer to see it happen more in Sandy/Paleto Bay HQs. 
Also something else that I like to see from you, which I'm sure you'll achieve it, is more diversity on civilians position.