• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Duffle

Cops turf camping

gachette    127

I think the problem is the Police Department being the largest faction on the server, tagging along is the Sherrifs Department. A lot of people in these gang areas have either active warrants or are under suspicion of some sort of illegal activity, not going to lie, these areas do get patrolled very often and it might be frustrating to some but it's definitely not an obstacle. It being deamed non-realistic can't be avoided since it isn't real life after all and everything can't be pin-pointed. You'd have to either cut down on Police roleplayers on the server or just deal with how it is. From my experience there's a balance between patrole's in the North side of LS and South. Personally haven't had much of an issue with this. You have to understand the PD wants just as much action as the gang community, we can't deny that and blame them for it. 

Edited by gachette

Ylva    20

If you stopped shooting one another almost constantly to the point where it’s a warzone almost constantly at peak times then you wouldn’t have members of PD constantly within the area.

Just because one situation is over does not mean that as PD, we must now avoid the southside, a presence still has to be shown and yet what happens is even more gunfights pop off and you get what you call ‘turf camping’ and we call crime suppression.

Edited by Ylva
  • Upvote 1

Martin_Vane    6
1 minute ago, gachette said:

I think the problem is the Police Department being the largest faction on the server, tagging along is the Sherrifs Department. A lot of people in these gang areas have either active warrants or are under suspicion of some sort of illegal activity, not going to lie, these areas do get patrolled very often and it might be frustrating to some but it's definitely not an obstacle. It being deamed non-realistic can't be avoided since it isn't real life after all and everything can't be pin-pointed. You'd have to either cut down on Police roleplayers on the server or just deal with how it is. From my experience there's a balance between patrole's in the North side of LS and South. Personally haven't had much of an issue with this.

Yet illegal RP'ers have to put up with every aspect, everything being pin-pointed. But cops can't? All they have to do is do different stuff than hood camping.

Edited by Martin_Vane

gachette    127
Just now, Martin_Vane said:

Yet illegal RP'ers have to put up with every aspect, everything being pin-pointed. But cops can't? All they have to do is do different stuff that hood camping.

I'm speaking from my personal experience. Ofcourse the standard should be high for everyone but you can't tell me if you, yourself, were to role-play a police officer you'd much rather enjoy driving around all day. They're just like us, they want action too.

Cranky    56
Just now, Ylva said:

If you stopped shooting one another almost constantly to the point where it’s a warzone almost constantly at peak times then you wouldn’t have members of PD constantly within the area.

Just because one situation is over does not mean that as PD, we must now avoid the southside, a presence still has to be shown and yet what happens is even more gunfights pop off and you get what you call ‘turf camping’ and we call crime suppression.

What you're saying is just nonsense, literally it'll be a party going on but since it's in the "hood" you guys will come through with water tanks and 8 cruisers. Trying to shut it down because the music is too loud, and people are trying to sleep. 

whitebuffs    7
Just now, Ylva said:

It's not only shootings. Even if a group of about four people is seen walking you guys follow the group, and call other officers which causes a huge unnecessary scene that disturbs roleplay around the area.

Just now, gachette said:

I think the problem is the Police Department being the largest faction on the server, tagging along is the Sherrifs Department. A lot of people in these gang areas have either active warrants or are under suspicion of some sort of illegal activity, not going to lie, these areas do get patrolled very often and it might be frustrating to some but it's definitely not an obstacle. It being deamed non-realistic can't be avoided since it isn't real life after all and everything can't be pin-pointed. You'd have to either cut down on Police roleplayers on the server or just deal with how it is. From my experience there's a balance between patrole's in the North side of LS and South. Personally haven't had much of an issue with this.

That's why the rule was suggested? To stop cops from camping turfs till shit happens, which most of the time is inevitable because it's a gang environment? People have dealt with this since the server's started and the player base picked up, people want it to change by adding a rule to suppress that. It'll eliminate most of the fuckery that goes on. There's no need to force a cut down, just have rules set that are actually once in favor of illegal factions trying to ACTUALLY develop and roleplay in their environment.

Dustyboi    2

As another example of police intervention, I was arrested while in a parked car because "Shots were heard in the area". An empty side of Davis, to which the helicopter, K9, and several other cruisers drew rifles on my vehicle. I was sat there for about thirty minutes without a seeing a single person. The fact that they respond with such a heavy amount of force is demoralizing to the point of stopping criminal RP entirely.

Martin_Vane    6
Just now, gachette said:

I'm speaking from my personal experience. Ofcourse the standard should be high for everyone but you can't tell me if you, yourself, were to role-play a police officer you'd much rather enjoy driving around all day. They're just like us, they want action too.

I'm not roleplaying for action. I'm roleplaying a certain roll because I like every aspect of it.

Bjork    113

Locking and archiving this. This topic is simply faction bashing. You can ask questions and post concerns on their topic to figure this out. The LSPD has gang units and Crime Suppression Patrols, which are realistic in all senses.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2