Savings account scheme.

Know

i'm a little torn on this myself. i appreciate the time and effort that's gone/going into creating a life-like economy, but i'm not so sure on whether it supports a richer atmosphere for roleplay. i mean, players log onto the game to have fun, while portraying concepts for their characters, some of which involve certain types of vehicles, houses or other material values, but given the current economy, they either invest right from the get-go with the 5k hourly paychecks or they have to actually do jobs such as trucking, fishing and so forth. assuming that a majority of players have maybe, like what, 2-3 hours a day to play a videogame, logging onto gta w to grind it out, might just not be their idea of fun. it certainly wouldn't be mine.

the alternative to proactively making money, is to roleplay smt you enjoy, and patiently saving up ~$800 an hour to get to where you want to be, minus anything spent along the way. assuming you very rigorously save your money, you'll have up to 80k after 100 hours of playtime. 100 hours on 1 particular game, is a LOT of time, not to mention that 80k won't necessarily get you far. most, if not all apartments or houses certainly won't be in your ballpark yet.

then there's the argument that you could spend time, working in player-driven establishments - fair enough, that's an option. implying it fits your character, you could be a bartender, or any of the sort, and make good money within a few dozen hours. personally, while i enjoy portraying grounded, realistic characters with some sort of employment, i don't really enjoy the thought of committing hours of roleplay to a mundane activity, such as working behind a counter, and the likes.  

i also think there's a certain deficiency between roleplaying characters doing illegal activities and characters involved in legal activities, such as law enforcement. with the later you earn a reasonable ~2k and upwards, while roleplaying primarily, and p. much exactly what you (more than likely) registered on the server for. with the former, you're looking at an arguably low demand for anything and almost everything (except firearms) career criminals make their living off. like for example, you probably won't have a steady flow of regulars trying to buy drugs from you. you can't make a reasonable living off of stealing or robbing houses, and fencing things you obtained.

so from that point of view, i'd like a considerably higher, steady income in the forms of a saving's feature. one that lets you focus on roleplaying whatever you're interested in, and has money related issues on the back-burner. from there on, it would be up to player's discretion when it comes to how they roleplay their character's financial situation, within reason ofc - which is something they'd have to do anyway, if they'd go from amassing money on one character, and then rp'ing a poorer one on the same account.

I'll lock this as it's not planned at all to introduce such feature. It completely ruined LSRP's economy, everyone agrees on that, they admitted it too, and made it impossible for them to do anything about the economy without wiping everything, which they never did.
While it's a great feature to keep people online (you make millions after 1000+ hours or so), that's not what we aim for nor what our server stands for. We don't care much about the player count, we care about the quality, and this feature is the complete opposite of quality roleplay.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1