Savings account scheme.

Know

11 minutes ago, Davis Felon said:

If anything I'd say make it $2,000,000 in 1000 hours. Anything else is economy breaking.

This seems reasonable. 

34 minutes ago, Syrike said:

This system creates money from nothing, If people are grinding those jobs that are not suitable for their character then they have already failed. No job on this server is OOC, if you are fishing you are fishing IC, if you are a truck driver then you are a truck driver IC. If someone is doing these jobs thinking it is in anyway an OOC "Grindable script job." Then they are wrong and I encourage anyone who meets these people to send in a RP quality report.

What this suggestion does is print money for no work, if you wish to be rich and wealthy then you must put the effort into your portrayal. I'm going to use an example, the Busch group had a shaky start but look at them now, they worked hard for what they have and have the character development to prove it.

I can in no way see a system that continues to pay people more and more money for absolutely no work and no effort for the hourly paycheck, I alone would be getting 7k an hour from this system for doing nothing. How would this not inflate prices? How would this not cause the in game markets to inflate rapidly? Why is little Timmy from the hood making serious bank on his savings account that he puts his illegal money into?

There are too many issues that would come from this, a monthly payment maybe for that 0.5% but not per paycheck.

The thing is, none of the script jobs really match my character, and the 100s of thousands required to build a business can only be obtained through said scripts so you cannot expect every single player to take their script job 100% seriously (Ofcourse we Rp these jobs as it makes for a more immersive world, but you'd be hard pressed to find some people inside of this server that will tell you "I work as a trucker on the side and a business owner as a main".)

This is just my two cents, I don't mind grinding out the script jobs for some extra cash for now as I have faith more opportunists will be added to the server with time. The savings idea isn't too bad though, like I said in my OP, tweak it to fit the current economy. Not everybody should have 20 million after 1000 hours. Nerf it, if it seems overpowered then make the money much less.

Edited by Know

This is a no no. The 200k headstart is already enough to create a proper character. I'm tired of thugs in the hood driving around with sports cars that are worth a mansion. I know SOME big drug dealers do have nice cars but not every single gangster. Tnx bai

Just add the the stock market system if people want to invest their money and make it become your character choice, not a goal to make pointless money.

Just now, joaoivis said:

This is a no no. The 200k headstart is already enough to create a proper character. I'm tired of thugs in the hood driving around with sports cars that are worth a mansion. I know SOME big drug dealers do have nice cars but not every single gangster. Tnx bai

Just add the the stock market system if people want to invest their money and make it become your character choice, not a goal to make pointless money.

I actually agree with what you said, I feel like even the 200k head start is WAY overpowered and should certainly be less. The savings idea is NOT a bad idea for the economy though, if you moderate it and keep it at a low income (maybe 2 million after 1000 hours like somebody else said) then it shouldn't break the economy. I get that realism is extremely important, but you need something that will keep people coming back.

I've no experience running a roleplay server so like I say, this is only my opinion. 

Savings happens IRL. But it take YEARS to raise a big amount. I don't believe it would be bad if they put a 0.3 rating on the bank account since it would not build up a big amount of cash in a small time. I know it kinda spoils the fun when you can't portrait what you want due to lack of money but people can make money in many ways on GTAW you just gotta be creative and interact. Standing still in the middle of nowhere cashing paychecks is not a good way.

Think of this, 1000 hours for 2 million. Doesn't seem a lot? But in 4-5 years the number of players that reached 1000 hours will be very big. That is a HUGE influx of cash into the server out of nowhere. The server is working to get rid of things that are spawning money in the community. Right now if I understand correctly all money for PD comes from the government from fines, taxes and other things. Spawning in 2 million in the economy for every player that reaches 2 million is not okay in any way you look at all. If you roleplay a company and earning money you don't need 1000 hours to make 2 millions. You just need to roleplay. Roleplay roleplay roleplay and you will get rid of all your money problems, if you wish to take your character that way.

Let's not forget that the money in IRL savings doesn't just materialise from thin air. Imagine what would happen if all the money in savings IRL would be printed for that specific method. Big inflation.

21 minutes ago, Know said:

The thing is, none of the script jobs really match my character, and the 100s of thousands required to build a business can only be obtained through said scripts

I disagree. There are plenty of <wealthy> people on the server who are interested in investing in businesses, startups & whatever, who made their wealth roleplaying the jobs they have. I disagree with the notion that everyone should have the money to build their own businesses without creating the proper relations to found it: I suggest you try looking for investors before turning to this as the only option. That way you build relations along the way & will also be much better prepared for what is to come at you when you ultimately open & start running your business.

I was on LSRP and I too found the savings system god awful, especially because everything in the finance system on LSRP was woefully underdeveloped: super arcady, no proper financial tracking (not even in the most rudimentary sense) & no distinction between money gained through legal means & illegal ways. You shouldn't be able to put your 100k you made slinging dope straight on the bank to subsequently get 20 million from it 1000 hours later.

Edited by Big_Smokes
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Rozi said:

Right now if I understand correctly all money for PD comes from the government from fines, taxes and other things.

32 minutes ago, Rozi said:

Not sure if this is true, but if it is that's absolutely incredible and I like that A LOT. Simulating a real economy is always difficult and that's a massive first step to doing so. 

Like you said though, you've made millions without grinding jobs. This is great for yourself but some people aren't so lucky in these kinds of ventures. It's not that they lack the ability though, it's more so to do with guidance and people showing them the way. There isn't quite enough of that. I came from FiveRP in 2017 where I had millions myself, and i'm now having to start fresh in a completely new different type of economy which i'm struggling to grasp. This is my own IC issue though, and should be dealt accordingly. I agree with everything you have said, yet I still think savings accounts arent as absurd as some people are making them out to be, especially when in a moderate amount.

2 minutes ago, Big_Smokes said:

I disagree. There are plenty of <wealthy> people on the server who are interested in investing in businesses, startups & whatever, who made their wealth roleplaying the jobs they have. I disagree with the notion that everyone should have the money to build their own businesses without creating the proper relations to found it: I suggest you try looking for investors before turning to this as the only option. That way you build relations along the way & will also be much better prepared for what is to come at you when you ultimately open & start running your business.

I was on LSRP and I too found the savings system god awful, especially because everything in the finance system on LSRP was woefully underdeveloped: super arcady, no proper financial tracking (not even in the most rudimentary sense) & no distinction between money gained through legal means & illegal ways. You shouldn't be able to put your 100k you made slinging dope straight on the bank to subsequently get 20 million from it 1000 hours later.

Agree with everything you said. The LSRP system was broken, but the idea of savings that are moderated and reviewed by the government are very real and could play a role in this community. It is however a big ask and a big change, also very risky.

Just now, Know said:

Not sure if this is true, but if it is that's absolutely incredible and I like that A LOT. Simulating a real economy is always difficult and that's a massive first step to doing so. 

Like you said though, you've made millions without grinding jobs. This is great for yourself but some people aren't so lucky in these kinds of ventures. It's not that they lack the ability though, it's more so to do with guidance and people showing them the way. There isn't quite enough of that. I came from FiveRP in 2017 where I had millions myself, and i'm now having to start fresh in a completely new different type of economy which i'm struggling to grasp. This is my own IC issue though, and should be dealt accordingly. I agree with everything you have said, yet I still think savings accounts arent as absurd as some people are making them out to be, especially when in a moderate amount.

I've also had no help, I just experimented, I failed I succeeded. I had a coffee shop, airline (Lost a lot of money on that airline), trucking company, a lot.