GTA World MMA idea.

Narcan

1 hour ago, GabiJohnson said:

difference is that an ig internet isn't simulated (as of yet), meaning there are a number of things (like online applications) that just aren't feasible. given the means to portray any of the above while ig, we would likely do just that.

as far as combat goes: we have an actual gameplay mechanic in place, as well as other tools (/me, /do etc), along with the imagination of the playerbase, if click-fighting isn't to their liking.

One which is a buggy mess and the other that isn't exactly entertaining. It's got to attract people who don't partake in the fighting roleplay to come and watch and paying to come and see lines on lines of combat text won't keep anybodys attention.

I love this... Dont listen to the skepticism.. In fact, this method is used all over the server, such as sports betting and the likes.

It's even better that those who choose to participate can use a platform in which to circumvent the desync of the fighting script...

I'd ask Nervous about it via forum PM.. If you develop the right platform to suffice such tournament, I dont see what's wrong with giving it a spin!

If you dont want part in it.. then dont participate!

No harm no foul with new ventures.. good luck bud!

On 4/3/2020 at 7:54 AM, Alexandra_Forge said:

I love this... Dont listen to the skepticism.. In fact, this method is used all over the server, such as sports betting and the likes.

It's even better that those who choose to participate can use a platform in which to circumvent the desync of the fighting script...

I'd ask Nervous about it via forum PM.. If you develop the right platform to suffice such tournament, I dont see what's wrong with giving it a spin!

If you dont want part in it.. then dont participate!

No harm no foul with new ventures.. good luck bud!

Second this.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great concept. Using a separate platform that isn't affiliated with GTAW to facilitate a situation that is happening in character does no harm, especially considering the state of the sync issue in-game. A similar concept is also used in other aspects of the game, like FaceBrowser, government faction websites, sports betting, etc can all be categorized under the same umbrella as this suggestion in the sense that they all are ways of facilitating roleplay outside of the actual game itself.