GTA World MMA idea.

Narcan

Just now, Ministry said:

I watched a fight IG couple nights back, whilst it was a proper lag punch fuck fest the roleplay around watching the fight was good. By taken the fight off the server are we not just halting roleplay for the 30(ish) people whom have gone to watch?

I don't think it's practical to have it on another client, and it's not practical to use /me's. Therefor they can continue scriptwise bashing the mouse button if it was my call.

We've decided that using the cinema script would allow the best of both worlds. 

Just now, PRESCRIPTION said:

We've decided that using the cinema script would allow the best of both worlds. 

I'm not too clued up with the cinema script but I presume people can still watch the fight whilst roleplaying which obviously flips it on it's head. If we have a better client to use for the fighting whilst upkeeping the roleplay IG then this is a brilliant idea. ?

Just now, Ministry said:

I'm not too clued up with the cinema script but I presume people can still watch the fight whilst roleplaying which obviously flips it on it's head. If we have a better client to use for the fighting whilst upkeeping the roleplay IG then this is a brilliant idea. ?

I think it allows youtube videos to be streamed to screens within the game, like GMOD used too if you ever played that? I think it's a little buggy here atm though.

• Upvote 1

It's a good idea in theory, no matter which way you go around it.

My only issue is this. Firstly, like you say people will use the role-play mechanics to power game as they often do in these types of situations. If you opted for a non-roleplay mechanic and used just the base game to simulate the fights, this is also an issue. The player base varies from where they are at in the world, and the ping/response time of people are VASTLY different. This would give people clear advantages in these kinds of exchanges as i've seen it do before.

Edited by Know
2 hours ago, Know said:

It's a good idea in theory, no matter which way you go around it.

My only issue is this. Firstly, like you say people will use the role-play mechanics to power game as they often do in these types of situations. If you opted for a non-roleplay mechanic and used just the base game to simulate the fights, this is also an issue. The player base varies from where they are at in the world, and the ping/response time of people are VASTLY different. This would give people clear advantages in these kinds of exchanges as i've seen it do before.

I think you've got confused at my point. The fighters will be played through UFC but it will be AI controlled and not player controlled. It's a simulated fight but players have control over their stats through how often they train ICly within GTA world etc. Everything will be done in GTA world, just the fight itself will be simulated through the UFC game.

Just now, PRESCRIPTION said:

I think you've got confused at my point. The fighters will be played through UFC but it will be AI controlled and not player controlled. It's a simulated fight but players have control over their stats through how often they train ICly within GTA world etc. Everything will be done in GTA world, just the fight itself will be simulated through the UFC game.

Yeah, completely missed your point, sorry.

Weirdly enough i'm actually a long time EA UFC player from a while back, I just didn't bother to read much of your post so I apologise. if we're talking about UFC 3 how would you determine the statistics of each fighter, who would determine it?

Just now, Know said:

Yeah, completely missed your point, sorry.

Weirdly enough i'm actually a long time EA UFC player from a while back, I just didn't bother to read much of your post so I apologise. if we're talking about UFC 3 how would you determine the statistics of each fighter, who would determine it?

The specific stats to each thing will need to be play tested and thawed out but the basic premise goes as follow:

-You train ICly to get stats within the game. For arguments sake lets say a training session is 30 minutes and you got 10 stat points in the game.

- You have to SS to prove this. 

-You can only train three times a week so ICly you can't overtrain and OOCly people who can't be as active can keep up.

- You get more points depending whether you train in a gym or at home, or with a trainer or alone.

- You get points for participating in fights and more depending on your outcome.

These stats can be put into the skill you ICly trained. So for example if you spent your time hitting a punch bag these points can be allocated to any of the striking stats such as striking speed / power etc. These points can also buy the perks in the game and additional moves etc. 

5 minutes ago, PRESCRIPTION said:

The specific stats to each thing will need to be play tested and thawed out but the basic premise goes as follow:

-You train ICly to get stats within the game. For arguments sake lets say a training session is 30 minutes and you got 10 stat points in the game.

- You have to SS to prove this. 

-You can only train three times a week so ICly you can't overtrain and OOCly people who can't be as active can keep up.

- You get more points depending whether you train in a gym or at home, or with a trainer or alone.

- You get points for participating in fights and more depending on your outcome.

These stats can be put into the skill you ICly trained. So for example if you spent your time hitting a punch bag these points can be allocated to any of the striking stats such as striking speed / power etc. These points can also buy the perks in the game and additional moves etc. 

I like the idea a lot. Whether or not it will take off or be profitable for you icly is EXTREMELY questionable. 

As long as you understand that this is a lot of responsibility for yourself, then all is good. If you have the determination and work ethic to make this a thing then this could be something that sticks for a long time, good luck and sign me up! 

Edited by Know
Just now, Know said:

I like the idea a lot. Whether or not it will take off or be profitable for you icly is be EXTREMELY questionable. 

As long as you understand that this is a lot of responsibility for yourself, then all is good. If you have the determination and work ethic to make this a thing then this could be something that sticks for a long time, good luck and sign me up! 

Brilliant man, thanks for your support! I'm a pretty poor player ICly and asset wise but it's not something that bothers me. If I have to spend all my money on fighters prizes etc then I will. However I think finding ways to make it profitable ICly is all part of the fun, for me the sky is the limit. We could look for sponsorships, run ad breaks on our footage etc. I also think it'll be fun if fighters do actually gain an almost celebrity like stature on the server, even if only a little bit and we can see them develop into doing their own ads and personal endorsements.

difference is that an ig internet isn't simulated (as of yet), meaning there are a number of things (like online applications) that just aren't feasible. given the means to portray any of the above while ig, we would likely do just that.

as far as combat goes: we have an actual gameplay mechanic in place, as well as other tools (/me, /do etc), along with the imagination of the playerbase, if click-fighting isn't to their liking.