GTA World MMA idea.

Narcan

Just looking for some feedback, maybe even some people who want to start on my idea. I'm posting here because it may be a little controversial as parts of this idea will not be roleplayed in game but simulated outside of it. By the title you could guess that I want to open some MMA events. I've compiled some bullet points on how this would work here:

- Anybody joining the roster will have a character made on my copy of UFC 3.

- They will start with default stats with a few extra available to customise your fighter.

- Points will be earned by winning, taking part and even losing fights. Aswell as a training system I want to implement.

- Fights will be carried out by AI and not players. The fights will be simulated to keep people who play the game a lot from powergaming wins.

- ONLY THE FIGHTING WILL BE IN THE GAME OF UFC. 

Now the reason I'm asking for feedback is because obviously, the fights aren't roleplayed, they are simulated. I've seen people roleplay fights before and it's hard to do without each fighter powergaming, since you will be trying to score as much as possible and KO each other. Let me express this is the only reason I want to simulate fights, since it gives a solid outcome that neither fighter can argue with since it's out of their control to a point. It's about roleplaying training, taking part in fights and developing your character into a fighter using UFC as a mechanic. This isn't about UFC. Everything will be IC apart from the round of fighting. For example when the round ends the game will be paused and fighters will roleplay injuries in their corners. They will have a quick break with their team etc to fix themselves up until the round begins to be simulated again. It will be streamed to mixer or something similar so that people who come out to the fights can see what's happening ICly and hopefully I can find a way so that only people in attendance can have access to the feed. 

Basically, I just want peoples opinions on whether allowing the fighting to happen outside of roleplay is a good idea or not? I know it may rub some people up the wrong way but making an MMA roster is something I'm excited about and I genuinely think this is the best way to do it. It's more entertaining than trying to keep up with text based roleplay and may spark a much higher interest. Also, the GTA V fighting system is ridiculously unsynced and bad for this idea to begin with even if it was working. I'm using UFC as a work around to all the flaws of doing it ICly and NOT building an idea around another game. 

Lastly, this is just a rough draft of how it will work. I will need to find a balanced system that allows for people to train their IC characters and make that change over to the game too. There is a lot more I could implement to make this more exciting and/or realistic, so don't take this as a set in stone version of events.

What do you think? 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Henning said:

@Flow can give you more information on the current state of MMA on the server.

As for fighting/RP or events taking place off server or in other games? I highly doubt this will ever be the case.

Thanks for your feedback. I understand why people have this opinion but can I ask what specifically about it puts you off?

I've also seen flows system (which is great btw) but I don't see why it's any different in a way. You roll a dice and get a simulated outcome. You don't roleplay actions on agreed terms, you throw a dice like DND and if you get your way on the roll you get your way IC. This system is no different apart from it's not within the server. It doesn't encourage any less roleplay than the other system does, the only difference is you'll look at a twitch stream for a couple of minutes on your phone or at worst case scenario by tabbing, to see the fight. When the rounds over roleplay will commence as if that fight had just happened ICly. People will react to what they saw from the coaches and fans to the fighters themselves etc.

Edited by PRESCRIPTION
1 hour ago, PRESCRIPTION said:

Thanks for your feedback. I understand why people have this opinion but can I ask what specifically about it puts you off?

I've also seen flows system (which is great btw) but I don't see why it's any different in a way. You roll a dice and get a simulated outcome. You don't roleplay actions on agreed terms, you throw a dice like DND and if you get your way on the roll you get your way IC. This system is no different apart from it's not within the server. It doesn't encourage any less roleplay than the other system does, the only difference is you'll look at a twitch stream for a couple of minutes on your phone or at worst case scenario by tabbing, to see the fight. When the rounds over roleplay will commence as if that fight had just happened ICly. People will react to what they saw from the coaches and fans to the fighters themselves etc.

Sounds immersive as fuck, this a major +1.

• Thanks 1
Just now, PRESCRIPTION said:

IDK much about MMA games but it isn't even made by the same developer is it? IDK I guess GTAW houses everything IC (Even tools like facebrowser, LEO systems, courts, etc) either on the actual server or through a service owned and operated by Nervous and the other members of management team.

Everything's in house and so there is a certain level oversight and management for every aspect of RP. I don't see how that same level of oversight and management can happen in a 3rd party game, operated by a community member. No offense, just explaining what puts me off.

generally speaking people log onto a game, to play that specific game. i mean, don't you think this is a pretty ridiculous concept: a venue full of characters on a roleplay server, not roleplaying, because their players are afking, watching a stream of p. arcadey mma game.

• Upvote 1

None offence taken by either of you, I posted for feedback and it's really appreciated. I understand your theories and my plans can be adapted. I think a good medium would be maybe simulate the results before hand and the fighters almost reanact what happened ICly? The fans don't know the outcome and nobody does ICly, only the fighters OOCly. I just think, not to take any credit away from the other system as it is great and extensive, it's just a silly to judge a fight off rolls of dices. It is also silly to do it my way but atleast it has a little more excitement to it.

Also, radio stations are hosted 3rd party for clubs etc sometimes and therefore they simarlily can't be overseen by management. Luckily the script allows them to stream in-game so they don' have the problem of tabbing but I still think they fall into the same boat. I just think there's not much oversight really needed by the server administration for this either, all that's being simulated is a result. There's no reason for anybody to want to rig a result and not really a way to do it without people obviously knowing if that's what you may be concerned about.

Thank you again for for your feedback though, I'm taking it all on board.

Edited by PRESCRIPTION
Just now, PRESCRIPTION said:

None offence taken by either of you, I posted for feedback and it's really appreciated. I understand your theories and my plans can be adapted. I think a good medium would be maybe simulate the results before hand and the fighters almost reanact what happened ICly? The fans don't know the outcome and nobody does ICly, only the fighters OOCly. I just think, not to take any credit away from the other system as it is great and extensive, it's just a silly to judge a fight off rolls of dices. It is also silly to do it my way but atleast it has a little more excitement to it.

Also, radio stations are hosted 3rd party for clubs etc sometimes and therefore they simarlily can't be overseen by management. Luckily the script allows them to stream in-game so they don' have the problem of tabbing but I still think they fall into the same boat.

i'd be inclined to disagree in regards to how irl radio stations and music is used ingame, as it's just sort of a filler, if you will. it doesn't discourage roleplay, as the "action" still takes place in-game, as it should be. simulating or live streaming interactions that should take place in-game is the direct opposite of that.

i mean, i'm not a big fan of GTA V melee combat either, as a matter of fact, even GTA SA's melee combat has a bit of an edge over it imo. but it is what it is. but hey, should you find enough players interested in that sort of thing, and server management doesn't deem it against the rules, more power to you. personally i'm just not a fan, because it takes away from ig engagement.

3 minutes ago, Five-oh said:

i'd be inclined to disagree in regards to how irl radio stations and music is used ingame, as it's just sort of a filler, if you will. it doesn't discourage roleplay, as the "action" still takes place in-game, as it should be. simulating or live streaming interactions that should take place in-game is the direct opposite of that.

i mean, i'm not a big fan of GTA V melee combat either, as a matter of fact, even GTA SA's melee combat has a bit of an edge over it imo. but it is what it is. but hey, should you find enough players interested in that sort of thing, and server management doesn't deem it against the rules, more power to you. personally i'm just not a fan, because it takes away from ig engagement.

I fully understand your point and it isn't wrong at all, it does take away from being in-game a little. I just think the pay off for a few minutes tabbing or looking at a phone will make the OVERALL roleplay more realistic. You know when you can actually see the power of that knockout kick and not just through text, or how bloodied someone got from all the punches? Everyone in-game has seen the same thing and not portrayed the text at different levels. As much as you may still disagree, and I understand why, I hope this just shows you where I'm coming from.

Also may I just add that in this day and age surely people have a mobile phone they can watch twitch on or another device? Auctions aren't IG and you have to tab for them, so are police applications etc. People tab for a variety of things, at worst case scenario they have no other device to watch the fight and they have to tab for a couple of minutes I don't get what difference it makes.

Edited by PRESCRIPTION

difference is that an ig internet isn't simulated (as of yet), meaning there are a number of things (like online applications) that just aren't feasible. given the means to portray any of the above while ig, we would likely do just that.

as far as combat goes: we have an actual gameplay mechanic in place, as well as other tools (/me, /do etc), along with the imagination of the playerbase, if click-fighting isn't to their liking.