[DISCORD] Add a channel that relays character kills (like the ad channels)

Sebz

On 3/25/2020 at 4:19 AM, DanneBRE said:

I don't like this, people already metagame the pop-up message in the chat etc this will just make more people metagame sadly.

I'd rather them remove the global CK message on the server.

Agree with Danne 100%, sorry but not supporting this one.

4 minutes ago, Sebz said:

I'm sad to see that there's as much metagaming around it as you guys say there is. I wasn't aware of this or I wouldn't have made this suggestion.

People will always break rules unfortunately but don’t let that deter you from making suggestions, if you have an idea you should always share it!

• 3 months later...

I'm against this, not cause the suggestion is bad but because the global OOC message of a character kill shouldn't even exist. You have no idea how annoying it is to see people typing in /b or faction chat "F" after a character kill message is shown. I don't give a fuck if your or your friends character got CK'd. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Feels very metagamey.

I don’t even think deaths should be published IG either.

Ive seen a few instances where players break RP to OOC celebrate a players death because of a server wide message.

Final edit: This information should be found and reported on by LSNN, like it would In the real world.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy

I actually don't like the CK notification. Too many times it leads to people jumping the gun on why someone has yet to return. Players can go on leave for months and never have people looking for them. But when those same players get announced as CK... Instantly there are search parties and questions. 

The only time I actually cared about the CK notification was when I had play in taking someone out. That or seeing someone that was a tool that finally got their CK. But then I noticed players go "Hehhehe -screenshot- they finally died and no longer a threat".