Brewery Suggestions

Briutas

8 hours ago, Giles said:

You still get the $200,000 to start. You also get $500 an hour from the system as well after the 40 hours.

Also why can’t an illegal RP’er have a regular job like a 24/7 or gas station or even a bartender? People IRL who have criminal records can still find work. It’s not like you’re 100% cutoff from the world, you’re just more limited with a record. Doesn’t keep you from working entirely.

Unless you’re an international arms dealer or huge drug cartel, you still should be going on with your life. You're still a regular person. The world doesn’t stop just because you’re into illegal RP lol. If you’re choosing to not work, then that’s your issue not anyone else. 

We’re digressing. You could also be an illegal brewer with the suggestions the OP is making. Doesn’t stop that at all. It just takes away the ability to skate by with no risk or no RP. You’d have to find connections through RP rather than exploiting an unrealistic script based system for the convenience of making quick money. 

Quick money? It takes man power, properties and logistics to make money brewing. I’m not talking about dumping your stuff behind the farmers market. I have to dedicate an entire day just to make up for a week. How is this suggestion going to support players buying liquor? With the exception of a few bars you can’t find anyone buying anything for a fraction of the money liquor stores buy them for. Which mind you are also stocked this way, and subsequently are paid through the business script. Taking the latter part of the system away would really suck. I would however really like to see more roleplay to the manufacturing process instead of having to go through a thousand menus or commands.

Also, where do you have the time to have a regular job in a roleplay game? How can you seriously suggest working hours for days in a game for a store nobody visits for literally no money? When and where am I suppose to roleplay? I don’t come home from a SARS battlefield just to spend what free time I have left to stand at a gas station with capped income. I’m here to roleplay not to have a day job simulator, I get your point but it’s not a fair one to make. It’s as much of an issue with the economy. While it’s easy to scoff at the notion with legal paycheck, 500 an hour doesn’t even buy you a full pack of cigarettes.

• Upvote 1

@eTaylor

I get your point about how liquor stores are stocked through brewers selling their products and the stores in return get components and pay from their business bank to the brewers. I think the end result the OP is trying to get to is give more RP opportunities for brewers, rather than just selling to liquor stores. Some people want to RP being a brewer with their own unique product names, making different kinds of alcohol, etc. and then work with existing businesses for the RP aspect in addition to the liquor stores. That's where I think he was going. Some of the suggestion may not benefit everyone, so it could also be tweaked in some ways to benefit a majority.

The issue is definitely with the economy as well, as businesses simply don't currently use RP'd breweries very often because of their ease of access to liquor stores. It's very rare to get that kind of RP with a business owner. I think the OP is trying to suggest ways to improve that. It shouldn't simply be a way to grind script cash, which right now, is what the brewery system pretty much is. To each his own, but there are people who want to enjoy being a legitimate brewer for the fun of the job. They should get a fair shake with the system as well.

Edited by Giles
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Giles said:

@eTaylor

I get your point about how liquor stores are stocked through brewers selling their products and the stores in return get components and pay from their business bank to the brewers. I think the end result the OP is trying to get to is give more RP opportunities for brewers, rather than just selling to liquor stores. Some people want to RP being a brewer with their own unique products and it would be cool to be able to name their products and then work with existing businesses for the RP aspect in addition to the liquor stores. That's where I think he was going. Some of the suggestion may not benefit everyone, so it could also be tweaked in some ways to benefit a majority.

I would love that too, I would love to label the bottles coming from our distillery plant and work a brand out that is scripted. But I’m telling you right now, there’s barely any bars buying liquor and even after killing the competition the two main bars we supply do so because they want the RP dealing with us. But that’s pure for the roleplay on account of there not being any real money with it due to the economy. 

Edited by eTaylor
14 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I would love that too, I would love to label the bottles coming from our distillery plant and work a brand out that is scripted. But I’m telling you right now, there’s barely any bars buying liquor and even after killing the competition the two main bars we supply doe so because they want the RP dealing with us. But that’s pure for the roleplay on account of there not being any real money with it due to the economy. 

What about putting a cap on the amount of alcohol you can buy from a liquor store script (map wide) within a certain time frame, as a business? Realistically, these small town liquor stores would not be able to handle the volume of all these places. These clubs and bars would be using a legitimate supplier. This would force them to seek out additional suppliers through RP while also keeping the income for liquor stores coming in just because of the sheer amount of bars & clubs that would buy the max amount on a daily/weekly basis. This would bring more steady business and meaningful RP to brewers and also benefit the liquor store purchases at the same time. Obviously, this would coincide with an improvement in the current brewing script to enable brewers to make all the available kinds of alcohol.

Edited by Giles
3 hours ago, Giles said:

What about putting a cap on the amount of alcohol you can buy from a liquor store script (map wide) within a certain time frame, as a business? Realistically, these small town liquor stores would not be able to handle the volume of all these places. These clubs and bars would be using a legitimate supplier. This would force them to seek out additional suppliers through RP while also keeping the income for liquor stores coming in just because of the sheer amount of bars & clubs that would buy the max amount on a daily/weekly basis. This would bring more steady business and meaningful RP to brewers and also benefit the liquor store purchases at the same time. Obviously, this would coincide with an improvement in the current brewing script to enable brewers to make all the available kinds of alcohol.

3 hours ago, Giles said:

My phone bugged with the last post. But anyway I wouldn’t go for a cap. It makes no sense, neither economically or logically. Sure it seems logical but I’m so done with people coming up with “solutions” to a market while not looking ahead or using anything from past issues. Not to any discredit to you. Adjusting maximum storage capacity in regards to products based on a business size or it’s physical storage capacity would be much more reasonable.

• Upvote 1