Ethics Handbook. "Ethics guidelines for GTAW staff"

Gambler

My suggestion is quite simple and forwarded to management. 

Formulate an ethics code for the staff starting from "Support Team", up to "Senior Admin".

The reason I'm suggesting this is because I'm quite mature and old, and I sense that some staff member lack some manners. I've interacted with people from support team, and up to Senior admins. 70% of the times, I've sensed trollish attitude, hostility, conflict of interest, or just showing off their powers. Now I don't feel like filing a staff report on these people, because behavioral reports fall into a grey area. That is becuse there is not a public code of ethics for staff team. 

Side note: It is important that this "Ethics Code" is public. The suggestion came after a series of weird interactions with different staff members. I would suggest no one but players and management reply to this thread.

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 2

We do actually have a code of conduct already.

I would always advocate speaking to the administrator you have a concern with in the first instance. It's very hard to gauge tone through text, and a lot of the time just a simple query is enough to open a dialogue. If you can't reach them on discord you can always send a forum PM.

The last port of call is a staff report. Obviously I'm not suggesting that everything warrants this, but it is definitely a useful tool as it not only allows management to look at the behaviour of the admin but the player too, and they can then take an unbiased view of the entire issue. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Cara said:

We do actually have a code of conduct already.

Perfect. Then the rest of the suggestion, suggests that it has to be made public to players. Just like server rules.
It can also help someone who wants to apply for staff team, better understand what he's applying for.

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Cara said:

This gives a pretty good overview of the requirements for staff. What do you feel like you aren't being informed of? Aside from this, staff are held to the same principles as the server rules.

If you send me that, while I'm suggesting something else, makes me doubt your judgement ability. To answer you. I've mentioned in the suggestion that no code of conduct is public. If there is one, make it public. If there isn't one, make one and make it public. That's all im suggesting. 
Staff team are humans as well and they have bad days too. I get it. But when it comes to reporting repetitive bad attitude, it really is relative and a grey area. A public code of conduct will help staff feel more responsible what they say and what they don't. 

22 hours ago, Gambler said:

I would suggest no one but players and management reply to this thread.

Edited by Gambler
5 minutes ago, Cara said:

It wouldn't hurt for you also to remember that admin staff are players too.

At this point I doubt you're even reading what I'm typing.

8 minutes ago, Gambler said:

Staff team are humans as well and they have bad days too. I get it.

I'm actually thankful that staff teams do this voluntarily. It's becuase of staff sacrificing their roleplay time, that I, can enjoy the game in peace free of rulebreakers, or my cases getting resolved. You're diverting from the main topic tho', which is staff ethics.

Edited by Gambler