Trucker drought lately

Jowolz

Me and a buddy have been doing deliveries the past few days, the first day we had a big list of possible deliveries the entire day.
But starting from that day we constantly had to cling on one to two deliveries that weren't 4 miles away.
Now the past hours there only has been one on the list and its 12 crates with 4 miles distance.
And when there is actually some decent deliveries all of these bambis come out of nowhere like 

• Upvote 1

Why are truckers going from one point of the map is my question? @Syrike

Solution to everything; Make a seperate trucking job point on the other side of the map. That way it's not so far away to those deliveries. Cause, a "good" delivery is one close-by, i imagine.

edit: Or maybe my understanding of the system is bad, do tell me if it is. I'm not that updated.

Edited by cracked

Truckers are required to haul goods from locations where freight would be shipped to or delivered, that is why the pickup locations are located on the docks, within industrial estates or the rail yard before travelling to businesses. In short you're working as an industrial truck driver/courier dealing direct rather than from a wholesaler who would be in a friendlier location.

As a new player myself I've found there's not a lot of guidance to get you away from trucking. I don't mean convincing people who like it to move away from it but I hated every second of it and was doing it just to get started and there's probably a lot of people like me still doing the job now. I think some more in depth tutorials instead of the feature documentations would help spread the job load to be more varied, as people would find something else they'd enjoy doing and would leave more deliveries open to the people who actually enjoy trucking.