Force Cop CK.

KhabibTime

Yeah, which takes away my advantage of killing her right there and now. Put up a CK request, wait, then try and finding her when the officer is in another situation along with other Cops. In real life you'd get shot up on the spot where you said that. I don't see cops walking around saying stupid stuff. You see in real life sometimes Cop are really in fear with gang members they end up shooting them without doing anything as there's numerous videos how they kill an innocent teen assuming they're gang banging or something. They do it out of FEAR as they might get shot up first and end up DYING. Unlike here. I gotta get a CK app up, wait, then try and find the Cop again and shoot him up, then get spammed OOCly why I shot them, etc. If I do it right on the spot, he'd at least now why I did that.

The way it is right now, is that any player that fails to roleplay appropriate levels of fear and dies as a result can be CKed via the CK application system. Admins have used their discretion in the past to force CKs in scenarios rather than admin jail players and void the scene. There's no point punishing the side that doesn't break the rules by taking potential roleplay away from them because one guy thought it was a smart idea to run at a group of armed people with nothing but a hammer in hand. 

Way more illegal roleplayers get CKed as a result of not roleplaying fear because way more illegal roleplayers don't roleplay fear. There hasn't been any CK applications on any cops in over a year. The one and only CK application on a cop was approved. All of the CK applications have been on characters outside of law enforcement factions recently. 

I just wanted to post here to clear up any misconceptions. Those in law enforcement factions and those outside of them are treated equally when it comes to punishments for not roleplaying fear. @Selena can be spoken to for issues specific to the LSPD and @MikeTheMike can be approached if there's issues with LSSD members. 

• Applaud 1

Fear is really a huge thing, everyone reacts to their fears differently. I got CK'd once (which is fine, I was OK with it) for pulling my gun, and in reality, Selena was there and asked me why I shot etc,etc. I got scared in reality, as I was just chilling and I see cops pulling out guns and stuff and I shot cus I didn't know what was going on, I saw guns and I shot back. As a real gang member would do sometimes, in reality gang members are always scared of rival gang members are always on the lookout and may shoot without a second thought, many killings happen irl - sometimes innocent people die in both sides.

20 minutes ago, KhabibTime said:

I'd like to see you ''Police Officers'' get it on our side and try roleplaying and we'll see, ya'll would be spamming the suggestion topic like right now about how it's unfair etc.

I would just like to say, that I've been playing in criminal roleplay since I joined GTAW, and recently switched over to LEO RP.

EDIT:

I haven't actually had an issue with a police officer or SD officers.

Edited by Tennplugg
43 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

Cops are supposed to be overpowered. They've got numerous advantages IRL, as they do here. Forcing CK's on cops solves nothing but DM squads going out to shoot at cops and CK-ing them at first sight for petty reasons. I can see this going nowhere. Cops can get CK'd if a CK application was put in or throughout different sectors. No from me.

First of all, cops are overpowered as hell in this server, that's right they got numerous, but it doesn't mean they can just feel "safe" or show no fear when they are pulling in Ghettos.

I fully understand what you are saying about the DM squads and all of that, but we've got enough administrators that can handle any of these DM squads properly, I think the forced CK should work for both sides if the cops have the right to force CK'ed on someone then all the other criminals can do so if they have a good reason though.

• Applaud 1

Just to clarify, because I'm getting mixed signals here - you've complained that we don't roleplay fear in 'the hood', but you've also complained when we turn up to basic situations in said hood with a high number of units for officer safety. What's your stance on this?

• Cara locked this topic