Can't join the server, takes forever to open RAGE

Reddington

6 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

Let's try deleting the settings folder in Documents and rebooting. (Also delete the RageMP cache for GTA:W, just to be sure).

Default path: C:\Users\USER\Documents\Rockstar Games -- Just remove the GTA V folder, then do the same with your RageMP cache. After that, reboot and give it a whirl again. Maybe we won't outright fix the RageMP crashing a zillion times issue, but let's at least make it so you can play despite the annoyance!

5 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

Someone I know has had this problem before, they fixed it by deleting every trace of RageMP from their computer, go to "This PC" where you can see all of your devices & drives, go to "Search This PC" and type in "Rage", it may take some time to find every single file related to RageMP,  (about five-fifteen minutes) but once you have located all of them; you need to delete them all. If this doesn't work troubleshoot doing this in a few different ways, like by uninstalling Rage first, then repeat all of the previous steps. I hope this works for you.

Right now, the game is working normally (except taking forever to start RAGE) and I don't wanna touch anything until I get this error again. If this happens again (which it will) I will hit both of you up again.
Thanks for taking your time to assist. Gonna leave the topic open for at least few more days. ?

10 hours ago, MayaWilson said:

But, before you do that, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Does your game launch normally without RageMP? Do singleplayer and GTA Online function as normal?

Thanks for the reply but feel free to read my posts above ?
Game works for now, won't touch anything until this happens again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, got the same problem again, this time with the steam version. System is new but it's happening again ?

On 3/25/2020 at 8:45 PM, Wirbelwind said:

Got it! Well, I hope the issue goes away on its own. If you need any help, just holler and we'll try to fix it as we go!

On 3/25/2020 at 8:30 PM, Wirbelwind said:

Let's try deleting the settings folder in Documents and rebooting. (Also delete the RageMP cache for GTA:W, just to be sure).

Default path: C:\Users\USER\Documents\Rockstar Games -- Just remove the GTA V folder, then do the same with your RageMP cache. After that, reboot and give it a whirl again. Maybe we won't outright fix the RageMP crashing a zillion times issue, but let's at least make it so you can play despite the annoyance!

Have you tried to do this yet?

• Bash locked this topic