Can't join the server, takes forever to open RAGE

Reddington

Well, as the topic says, I'm having troubles with logging into the game.
First of all, I need to "open" rage at least 10 times in order for it to actually open.
Secondly, whenever I press to play on GTAW, it shows a white screen and kicks me out,
Third and last, I've been playing the game normally since I joined back in December 2017, this issue is all out of sudden.

FkyzcNF.png

My game is not on Steam so I can't validate files, it's via social club.

Help plox

Edited by Reddington

It seems like something has gotten corrupted with your game. Since you're unable to verify the game files through Steam, I believe that it is your best bet to reinstall the whole thing (RageMP included). It just seems to me like RageMP and your game have, for some reason, stopped getting along well.

But, before you do that, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Does your game launch normally without RageMP? Do singleplayer and GTA Online function as normal?

E: Turn on VSync in the singleplayer component and try again. I know it's weird, but just give it a shot. Better than downloading 80gb of stuff, right?

Edited by Wirbelwind
On 3/24/2020 at 4:28 PM, Wirbelwind said:

It seems like something has gotten corrupted with your game. Since you're unable to verify the game files through Steam, I believe that it is your best bet to reinstall the whole thing (RageMP included). It just seems to me like RageMP and your game have, for some reason, stopped getting along well.

But, before you do that, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Does your game launch normally without RageMP? Do singleplayer and GTA Online function as normal?

E: Turn on VSync in the singleplayer component and try again. I know it's weird, but just give it a shot. Better than downloading 80gb of stuff, right?

Alright so, GTAV singleplayer works fine, GTAV Online as well.
I've reinstalled the game 4 times so far (80gb ain't a problem rn) and RAGE together with it. Nothing.

I've noticed that I need to "open" RAGE at least 7 times so it can eventually launch and then I can play, but sometimes it keeps crashing until I get so pissed off that I just give up,
Also, drivers are up to date.

I don't know what the issue can be to be honest, I've tried everything.

From another thread I've found on these forums.

Worth giving this a shot;

* Uninstall RageMP from the Control Panel in Windows

* Remove the RageMP folder from C:/

* Go to the control panel and remove all Micorsoft Visual C++ Redistrebutables

- Reboot

* Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ [2015]  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

* Download and install  .net 4.6.2 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344&desc=dotnet462

Credit goes to the original poster, that being @A_Acko respectively.

Just now, Reddington said:

Eh, believe me I've tried that also hahah, thanks though.

Let's try deleting the settings folder in Documents and rebooting. (Also delete the RageMP cache for GTA:W, just to be sure).

Default path: C:\Users\USER\Documents\Rockstar Games -- Just remove the GTA V folder, then do the same with your RageMP cache. After that, reboot and give it a whirl again. Maybe we won't outright fix the RageMP crashing a zillion times issue, but let's at least make it so you can play despite the annoyance!

Someone I know has had this problem before, they fixed it by deleting every trace of RageMP from their computer, go to "This PC" where you can see all of your devices & drives, go to "Search This PC" and type in "Rage", it may take some time to find every single file related to RageMP,  (about five-fifteen minutes) but once you have located all of them; you need to delete them all. If this doesn't work troubleshoot doing this in a few different ways, like by uninstalling Rage first, then repeat all of the previous steps. I hope this works for you.

Edited by UTOPIA
  • Bash locked this topic