Remove <10 hours to use rentals

6 minutes ago, Jura said:

What the recent change DOES offer is a new business type to open up. Car rentals that are player owned and properly roleplayed.

Indeed. I made a suggestion for player-owned rental companies in the Suggestion section quite a while ago. I think it would be a great idea. Definitely down for people to suggest changes/additions/alternatives to what I presented.

https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/topic/21047-rental-vehicle-companies-new-rp-for-both-people-businesses/

Edited by Giles
5 hours ago, Giles said:

People don't role play around rentals for realism, they role play around them for convenience and because they are cheap, scriptly. They wouldn't be that cheap in a realistic situation, especially if you're renting for long periods of time. In real life, on average you'd be spending $600-$1500 a month on a term 3 weeks or longer. Go look it up. If the tables were turned and you had to rent a long-term car from a player owned company, which would cost much more, I'm sure you would seek out more viable alternatives if your character's goal was to be saving for a house. If your character is trying to save for a house, then it would suggest they are somewhat responsible with their money, yes? It makes no sense for them to go spend at least 3-4 times what you would on cheaper methods of transportation.

But we're still not addressing the fact that every person who sets down in this city is virtually penniless in the scheme of the server. So the concession can easily be made to allow them to use the rental system until a vehicle that fits the character is available. If people are abusing the rental system? Punish them. I already said that.

1 hour ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

But we're still not addressing the fact that every person who sets down in this city is virtually penniless in the scheme of the server. So the concession can easily be made to allow them to use the rental system until a vehicle that fits the character is available. If people are abusing the rental system? Punish them. I already said that.

Are you going to sit at the airport and report every person who jumps in a rental car? It's not a viable solution unless you're suggesting an Admin sit there and spectate every person who gets in a rental car. In 10 hours, which is how long you get a rental car for, you would have close to $50,000 or more depending on what job you're RP'ing for extra income. If it fits your character, you RP the jobs that give you a government stipend, which is an extra $12,000 a day on top of the $5,000 an hour. That's more than enough to buy something that fits most characters realistically within the first 10 hours of play time.

Edited by Giles