Remove <10 hours to use rentals

Short description:  Rentals should be available for everyone, I see no reason why only people with under 10 hours can use it. Anyone can get a rental realistically. 

Detailed description: I used rentals for roleplay past just getting around. I see no immersion breaking aspects of everyone being able to get rentals and I have not seen a ton of rentals around at once.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add:  Remove 10 hours to use rentals.

How would your suggestion improve the server?   This would allow everyone to roleplay around rentals. I understand the aspect of rentals being a starter vehicle to help new players get around, but we can simply make rentals free for the first 10 hours for new players or instead double the price of rentals for players over 10 hours.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

I understand that they made this change because of some people who abuse the system, but this change is punishing everyone, including people who properly use rentals. There must be another solution. Maybe assign plate numbers to rentals and when somebody rents it, it becomes registered in his name temporarily, as if the police would call the rental company and have access to that information. Rental companies owned by players would be a nice addition too, and they would provide the police with the required information, and it would also introduce more RP to the renting system.

• Upvote 2

Why do people love making “revert” or “remove” threads after the update just happened. They literally just added it there’s 0 chance they’ll remove it.

atleast offer good alternatives.

Edited by Shekh

Rentals have been abused when and before I joined the server in the first few months of 2018, this is a positive change in my opinion. People who use rentals realistically is a a underwhelming minority, they are treated as if they're disposable, people crash them, park them in the middle of roads and some even use them for murders, which is completely unrealistic. This is by all means a change for the better, the 10 hour cap won't fix it, but it'll help prevent some of it.

Reverting back to the old rental system is a big no from me.

2 hours ago, Davis Felon said:

Short description:  Rentals should be available for everyone, I see no reason why only people with under 10 hours can use it. Anyone can get a rental realistically. 

Realistically a rental is not a simple script. There’s accountability with your drivers license, requiring insurance and a paper trail. It’s abused far more than it’s used correctly.

Edited by Giles