We're Los Santos News and we'd like feedback

LSNN

Hi folks

So as of now, we're the only remaining Media Company on the server and we're still a small team, but we're welcoming all kinds of feedback ranging from suggestions to advice. We're welcome to see it all, as we wanna learn and we wanna grow as a company, sure we're not as big as Weazel, it's a two-man crew at the moment and I'm trying to get decent articles out.

So my question is, what feedback do you have, what do you wanna see more of, less of? Help us learn and hopefully expand, we do understand that doing journalism isn't everyone's cups of teas, so we really need feedback on what to work on. 

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Have different type of subjects.

Government news, scandals, new laws, housing, different governmental bodies etc

Weather (Y'know.. if and when we have abnormal weather)

Entertainment News of different events that are upcoming or have been, clubs, bars, charity events, car meets, donation drives etc

Interviews with company owners, popular figures, gang bangers, police, fire department etc.

This is without taking in consideration that you're only two people.

I like how there is RP behind what you do that one can read on the forums and experience ICly.

Keep doing what you are doing cause it is very important for the immersion of the server that there is an organization that does this.

• Upvote 1

@ChippySound thank you!

So to address your points:

Government related news we will continue to look at, but we're unsure on how to proceed with it.

Entertainment news is something we're very interested in looking into more, we have some articles in the works.

Interviews with the fire department and police are planned too, along with a fire department exclusive series of "In the Life"

And for the other things, thank you, we're trying hard to improve as a whole and this will be used to help expand us in the future.

As the only media outlet currently in the city, it'll be your job to shape the opinions of the general public.

Whether you choose to report unbiased news or have an agenda is entirely up to you.

What I'd like to see is bridging the gap between law enforcement and civilians. Many times I'm driving downtown and see cruisers and paramedics tending to the wounded in a car crash. Or police cruisers chasing a vehicle with the helicopter up in the air. That's not something you'd see in everyday life. I want to know what's going on in the city. What plans does the mayor or chief of police have for public safety? Who is on the most wanted list? Also, get the government involved. I didn't even know we had a mayor until recently. Make more news on him. Get his quotes, his comments and his ideas and plans for the city. You have an amazing chance to make this work, if you undertake a realistic role of what one media company should look like and report on.

Best of luck.

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, MikeyMike said:

What I'd like to see is bridging the gap between law enforcement and civilians. Many times I'm driving downtown and see cruisers and paramedics tending to the wounded in a car crash. Or police cruisers chasing a vehicle with the helicopter up in the air. That's not something you'd see in everyday life. I want to know what's going on in the city. What plans does the mayor or chief of police have for public safety? Who is on the most wanted list? Also, get the government involved. I didn't even know we had a mayor until recently. Make more news on him. Get his quotes, his comments and his ideas and plans for the city

Hello and thank you for this level of feedback, it's very helpful for us to learn and adapt to the ever-changing server, and to balance ourselves with the server needs. 

For the first part, we do try and remain unbiased, but of course, things can sometimes slip, but no news organization is perfect in this matter. We all serve different ideas and thoughts. 

For the larger chunk, quoted above, we're in talks with the Government to work on a few articles, on where we cover the plans for the future. (One to be released today or tomorrow depending on I'm free) People must realize I'm merely one person and I lead a very small group, and these stories do take up time to write and put together, let alone work with our advertisement partners. 

For the other public servants, we do work with the EMS and PD to work together, as a group to focus on key issues around the city, I do believe we have a healthy relationship with them, along with a generally okay partnership. We intend on releasing a few articles in the future about the life of a first responder, but it does take time to sit down with them and talk. 

And lastly, it's hard to get all of the stories, since of our small size and we often rely on social media and word of mouth to learn of new stories, we heavily utilize Facebrowser to research and study stories, get peoples statements and such, but once again, it's a hard thing to do if nobody tells us what's happening. 

@LSNN

I think that introducing 'newspapers' would be a good idea, which could bring in a lot of additional RP.

Perhaps not now, but when you get a few extra guys, the articles that you write on the forum (or perhaps exclusive articles) could be transferred into the in-game notes aka newspapers and sold to player-run businesses, such as @Raindance 's 24/7, for a certain amount of $. Those businesses would then re-sell those newspapers to their clients. Im not sure about everyone else but i'd love to have something like this in my business.

Those newspapers should probably be a weekly thing so businesses have enough time to sell them.

Edited by Shokkoth
2 minutes ago, Shokkoth said:

I think that introducing 'newspapers' would be a good idea, which could bring in a lot of additional RP.

Perhaps not now, but when you get a few extra guys, the articles that you write on the forum (or perhaps exclusive articles) could be transferred into the in-game notes aka newspapers and sold to player-run businesses, such as @Raindance 's 24/7, for a certain amount of $. Those businesses would then re-sell those newspapers to their clients. Im not sure about everyone else but i'd love to have something like this in my business.

Those newspapers should probably be a weekly thing so businesses have enough time to sell them.

Yeah I'd love to see that! Could work with the note script maybe if they manage to fit several articles into one picture and still make it readable 

Edited by Raindance
On 3/19/2020 at 1:08 PM, ChippySound said:

nterviews with company owners, popular figures, gang bangers, police, fire department etc. 

shit like this would be dope

if interested in rping an interview with a gangbanger character or a former gangbanger id be down to do something like that, just gotta get in contact with my char ic first.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, Shokkoth said:

Hello! This is ultimately, a lot of effort, for sadly a lot of risks, at the minute, it's difficult to churn out articles at a steady pace, then format them into something viable for the note script. It's a great idea, but we don't see moving to this for the foreseeable future. 

16 hours ago, El Ghetto Man said:

if interested in rping an interview with a gangbanger character or a former gangbanger id be down to do something like that, just gotta get in contact with my char ic first.

As always with talking with people that come from a gang-related background, we do need to take risks into consideration, especially that we utilize a security company for when we 'go out' in our vehicles to look around for stories, but we'd be happy to look into this a bit more.

7 hours ago, Chuck Lee said:

Financial news about companies. Maybe a Forbes sort of magazine on the side (I had some plan of that) and also if you want we can work a stock market :3?

I'm not that good with financial news or stock markets, sadly. However, if people have that kind of interest, we do allow people to submit articles to us, then they get paid, that's something I intend on posting soon tm, 

thanks for the feedback everyone!